PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to get Dillon

jmo724
03-03-2004, 07:16 PM
I heard they will trade the second round pick we get from washington to the bengals for Dillon. I would do it in a second. All Dillon needs is a change of senary. He would be a good fit for our team.

Mr Portis
03-04-2004, 11:25 AM
that would be awsome, =)

rascal
03-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by jmo724
I heard they will trade the second round pick we get from washington to the bengals for Dillon. I would do it in a second. All Dillon needs is a change of senary. He would be a good fit for our team.

where did you hear that?

Beretta 07
03-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by rascal
where did you hear that?

It's posted on the news thing on Cincinatti's site.

I don't think we should get Dillon. Griffin will do just fine, and Corey Dillon is another RB with an inflated ego who's gonna ask for a huge amount of money, and the if denver is stupid enough, they'll pay it to him.

That pick would be much better served by using it in the draft.

dante007
03-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I have looked all over the cinnci site, and dont see anything like that.

EddyMac87
03-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Broncos Suck 04
It's good that Ed has left the game, he wasn't much of a threat anyways! He's old and slow , much like the rest of the team!! It goes to show the intelligence level of the head coach by letting portis go to the Redskins :duh: We (the Raider Nation) are looking forward to meeting you next season, to show you bunch of old not so intelligent retireees how to play some football :fight: YOURS TRULY: Raiders
ok but we want to play you early in the season before all your players have heart attacks, or get caught smoking. Or get suspended for usin steroids, or kicking your own teamates ass. Because the bronco want to kick the faders ass when your at "full strength" so u have no excuses.

muse
03-05-2004, 10:31 AM
It's good that Ed has left the game, he wasn't much of a threat anyways! He's old and slow , much like the rest of the team!! It goes to show the intelligence level of the head coach by letting portis go to the Redskins :duh: We (the Raider Nation) are looking forward to meeting you next season, to show you bunch of old not so intelligent retireees how to play some football :fight: YOURS TRULY: Raiders

You went 4-12 without the zimmer frames. Next year most of your players will be proud owners of one. We want to see football, not OAP touch football ('Arrgghhh!! I broke my hip again!' as Kenoy smashes into Rich Gannon for the 3rd time)

Jared
03-05-2004, 10:35 AM

Please post smack in the appropriate forum only.

This post will be deleted.

Thank you.

TheDriveIsAlive
03-12-2004, 08:01 AM
Corey Dillon stinks! Shanahan doesn't need another problem in Denver! Go out and get anyone else but him or Duce Staley!:cheeky: :cheeky:

Bengaldave73
03-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Corey is going to the oakland raiders.

Bronczilla
03-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Dillon is a headcase, a scumbag, a cancer and in physical decline. I'm hoping he signs with the Raiders.

There is not a single RB FA who is worth signing this offseason. They're all on the downhill side of their best years and not one of them was ever all that hot to start with. Dillion was pysically the best, but even he wasn't much over the course of a season.

He's only rushed for over 1400 yards in a season once and he fumbles too damn often. In fact, his fumbles have steadily increased over the span of his career

And remember, he couldn't even hold on to his starting job last year. If he wasn't good enough to start for a middle of the road (or worse) team like the Bengals, why would you think he should be starting for Denver?

EddyMac87
03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
It says here that dillion could still be headed to the raiders

here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1766346)

Im not sure but you might only be able to read it if you have espn insider

Mustang56
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
With the signing of Hearst I believe the only other RB we'll get will be in the draft and not a draft day trade for Dillon. Dillon will be a Raider, and will do very well for them. But I bet that the Bronco rushing attack (all RB's combined) will beat the Raider rushing attack (all Oak RB's):D
I don't think that Q Griffin, Hearst, M Anderson, Droughens, or Galloway will be our leading rusher. It will be the rookie we pick up in the draft hopefully Kevinn Jones or Chris Perry. Griffin is too small and will get injured if used to much. Hearst is too old and wont' play all 16 games. Anderson is a full back and has 2 strikes against him because of the pot deal. Droughens is a great back but I like him at FB and Galloway is unproven and has a injury history. RB by committee is the Broncos likely course of action even if they draft a stud rookie RB.

Uula Bear
03-27-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't think picking up Dillion would be a good thing for us, he is a big baby and would be a bad influence on the team, of course that's just my opinion.

Gbt31
03-27-2004, 11:49 AM
The running back from Va Tech is Kevin Jones, the Running back from Oklahoma State is named Tatum Bell, I like Bell better, more bang, and less buck to get him.

thedamonicplagu
03-28-2004, 12:16 AM
dillion wont come here shanahan wont want a player whois like dillion whos egotisticakl and cant bck it up hell probably go to the raiders the dont have garner anymore

Fat Joe
03-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Mustang56
Griffin is too small and will get injured if used to much.

Didnt we hear the same thing about Emmit Smith? And Barry Sanders? And look where being small go them.

thedamonicplagu
03-28-2004, 01:17 AM
dillions not small except to a prison Jailbrid:laugh:

Mustang56
03-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Fat Joe
Didnt we hear the same thing about Emmit Smith? And Barry Sanders? And look where being small go them.

I hope you're not tryong to compare Q Griffin with Emmitt or Barry! Both of these guys were HOFers, and I'll go out on a limb here and say that Griffin will never get a smell of the HOF. He may be a fine 3rd down back, but he'll never be a everydown kind of back. He's smaller than Emmitt or Barry, I would compair Q more to W Dunn of Atl, small but is an OK RB, nothing to make himself a Probowler or HOFer but a solid back who is great as a change of pace back. Q is great of the bench, the opp D gets used to another backs speed then Q can come in with fresh legs and blow by them. But lets stop the maddness right here and now and stop comparing Q Griffin to the likes of Barry, Emmitt and to lesser extents Portis. He isn't in the same category as those backs, but as I said will be a solid 3rd down change of pace guy, who is very effective touching the ball 5-15 times a game at most.:cool:

Tatortot
03-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Before u get all wound up, we got hearst. Dillon is no longer needed here.

EddyMac87
03-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatortot
Dillon is no longer needed here. dillion was never needed

myoung
04-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by EddyMac87
dillion was never needed

A couple of days ago it was reported that the Broncos would not trade for Dillon and that the Raiders were the only suitors for a trade. Shanny said he would consider signing him if cut but that we would not trade for him.