PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for Indianapolis

bshaw36
12-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I dont know about all of you but I am hoping the Colts lose and the Patriots win this week. Assuming we beat San Fran this would put us in the 5th seed and Indy in the 4th seed.

I dont think anything could be better than playing Indy on a losing streak of 4 out of 5 games and having the Bells go to work on them. While it was nice to knock off the Patriots last year (and it would be good again this year) I really want to knock the Colts off in the post season after what they have done to us in the last 5 years.

So this weekend Im going for Miami to upset the Colts.

OptimusPrime5
12-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Wouldn't we play the 2nd seed and the third and fourth seeds would play?

Bronco4l1fe
12-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Are you kidding...at the moment Indy has our number and we have NE number...I would rather have to play NE instead.

DURANGO BRONCO
12-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Historically we match up much better against the Patsys.

#3 seed plays #6
#4 seed plays #5

#1 and # 2 have byes

Bronco4l1fe
12-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Wouldn't we play the 2nd seed and the third and fourth seeds would play?
Easy way to remember the best plays the worst.....

First round...
1st, 2nd bye
3rd plays the 6th
4th plays the 5th

Second round...

1st would play the lowest seeded team remaining
2nd would play the other team.

Third round...
whos left..... :confused:

Bronco4l1fe
12-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Historically we match up much better against the Patsys.

#3 seed plays #6
#4 seed plays #5

#1 and # 2 have byes
Damn you beat me to it... :cheers:

Freestyle
12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I dont know about all of you but I am hoping the Colts lose and the Patriots win this week. Assuming we beat San Fran this would put us in the 5th seed and Indy in the 4th seed.

I dont think anything could be better than playing Indy on a losing streak of 4 out of 5 games and having the Bells go to work on them. While it was nice to knock off the Patriots last year (and it would be good again this year) I really want to knock the Colts off in the post season after what they have done to us in the last 5 years.

Hard to say which.

Both would be favored over Denver.

I don't think we'll ever beat the Colts with Coyer calling the plays on D (not to mention our many other problems).

We've had the Patriots number in the past, but can our D stop Brady and Co. like they did last time? I don't think so. And a rookie QB against a complex Belichick D that thrives in the playoff atmosphere? Yeah, I don't like that at all.

I think Denver just needs to play well from their end. No matter where the chips fall.

OptimusPrime5
12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
That's what I thought but I forgot about the byes.

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Rather face the crusty rusty Pats then the Colts.

SkyFlash1
12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Are you kidding...at the moment Indy has our number and we have NE number...I would rather have to play NE instead.

Yes, it would be great to beat the Colts but they have a large mental edge on us right now while we have the same edge on the pats. And I'm pretty sure the pats play on grass and not in a dang carpetted bowl. The Jets only lost to Indy by 3 early in the season so we'll let them take out the Colts for us.

Here's my wildcard/playoff predictions

WCs
Denver over NE
Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
Denver over Baltimore
Jets over Colts

AFCC
Denver over Jets IN DENVER

Humberg
12-26-2006, 11:25 AM

Does it really matter? I know that this is in other posts but first we have to hope for the playoffs period (lets not overlook San Fran and I think KC can handle Jacksonville).

Assuming we get in, we'll be facing a team that is hot, that will be difficult to beat at home, that has a winning tradition coming into it. While there are numerous subtleties like:

a) Colts have our number
b) Colts have our number
c) Colts have our number
d) Colts have our number
e) We have the Pats number

in reality both would be difficult wins for us (not to say that there isn't hope, just that its difficult, for different reasons, in BOTH possibilities).

BaileyTheBest
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Yes, it would be great to beat the Colts but they have a large mental edge on us right now while we have the same edge on the pats. And I'm pretty sure the pats play on grass and not in a dang carpetted bowl. The Jets only lost to Indy by 3 early in the season so we'll let them take out the Colts for us.

WCs
Denver over NE
Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
Denver over Baltimore
Jets over Colts

AFCC

You have the Jets over Colts in the WC and divisional rounds. :confused:

AznBroncoFan
12-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Are you kidding me? Even with the colts struggling as of late....I still have nightmares of them. Give us NE every time. We own them patsies. Why fear belichik? He's not playing. Patsies are an over-rated team. They got bums for WR's and their secondary ain't **** except Samuel. We can run on them and pass on them. Indy on the other hand....has had our number for the longest and I don't see that changing until they lose Harrison or Wayne....or until Coyer gets fired lol.

Humberg
12-26-2006, 11:32 AM

WCs
Denver over NE
Jets over Indy

Division Playoffs
Denver over Baltimore
Jets over Colts

AFCC

Hmm, I think you mean Jets over the Bolts (unless there has been a major change in how the playoffs are structured - allowing the Colts to play a double elimination - that I am not aware of - although with Peyton Manning anything is possible)

Even so, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I think you are living in an altered reality if you think the Jets can beat both Indy and the Chargers (they barely made it past the Dolphins last night).

And I think, should Denver play well enough, or be lucky enough to make it to the AFC Champ Game, it will either be Colts or Bolts that we play. Either would be a colossal upset and require a gargantuan effort by Denver to advance to the SB!

tgn
12-26-2006, 11:38 AM
i'd rather get the pats any day over indy, they've had our number for years ... our d makes their o look invincible.. just take a look at history..

Combo1985
12-26-2006, 11:40 AM
ive watched us vs the pats so many times and have never been more confident in beating a team we play

i was praying for us to play the pats in the second round last year rather than the bengals...

Dr. Broncos
12-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes, it would be great to beat the Colts but they have a large mental edge on us right now while we have the same edge on the pats. And I'm pretty sure the pats play on grass and not in a dang carpetted bowl.

Patriots play on turf now too!

BroncosorBust
12-26-2006, 01:01 PM
I hope we play the Patsies, I want us to play the colts and beat them about the head neck a shoulders.

My main priority is to beat the 49er's and let the chips fall where thye may for now.

tommy1986
12-26-2006, 01:12 PM
But...Peyton Manning owns our defense. They are especially scary at home. That said, I would like to see a rematch to see how good (or bad) we really are. I doubt we get past the first round TBH, even against the Patriots, who look really good right now.

22cannon
12-26-2006, 01:21 PM
I'll take Indy, They don't have an ase to grind with us. Indy's defense is horible. If Jake didn't have that bad 4th quarter inthis years game, we would've won.

Mile High Jedi
12-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Denver isn't so good at rushing the QB.
The LAST thing Peyton Manning needs is more time to throw. Remember week 7- that's when our season started to nosedive.

Let someone else knock off the Colts, right now the Broncos don't have the right Defense to do it.

BroncsSB#3
12-26-2006, 01:31 PM
The perfect Superbowl scenario for us, this year, would be beating Indy in IND in the wild card to get that monkey off our back, then beating SD in SD to get revenge for the 2 losses this season, then beating the Ravens in BAL, then beating who ever the NFC has in the Superbowl.

bshaw36
12-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Ive been a Denver fan since 83 and yes I have seen us against the Colts in recent years.

Personally I think this is San Diegos year and I dont think anyone in the AFC is going to beat them, but on the way Id love to see us knock out Indy and return the favor they have dealt us in recent years.

Yes the Colts have our number but if Tennessee can Houston can beat them (1 out of 2 games) I would hope that our team could as well. We almost beat them the first time and their lack of stopping the run will allow the Bells to run the clock more.

Breezer
12-26-2006, 01:59 PM

I hope we can meet the Chargers in the AFC championship game. San Diego isn't going to beat us three times in one season!!!

PatsCrowEater
12-28-2006, 04:29 PM
The majority of Patriots fans would rather not face the Broncos in the first round. Here's the latest results from a poll at boston.com:

Which team would you LEAST like the Patriots to face in the first round?

Broncos
61.4%
Jets
18.9%
Bengals
10.3%
Chiefs
4.7%
Jaguars
4.6%
Total votes: 5938

I voted for the Jets as the team I'd least like to play. I hope we play the Broncos. I think they're not as good as they've been and the Patriots are just as good or maybe even better.

TXBRONC
12-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Actually I think we would be just fine against the Colts. Their defense has allowed a 100 yards rusher in 15 straight games. Ball control and no mistakes we can beat them. I not saying it will be easy but I think it is possible.

TXBRONC
12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
The majority of Patriots fans would rather not face the Broncos in the first round. Here's the latest results from a poll at boston.com:

Which team would you LEAST like the Patriots to face in the first round?

Broncos
61.4%
Jets
18.9%
Bengals
10.3%
Chiefs
4.7%
Jaguars
4.6%
Total votes: 5938

I voted for the Jets as the team I'd least like to play. I hope we play the Broncos. I think they're not as good as they've been and the Patriots are just as good or maybe even better.

You've been sniffing model glue again, haven't you? ;)

Ravage!!!
12-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Actually I think we would be just fine against the Colts. Their defense has allowed a 100 yards rusher in 15 straight games. Ball control and no mistakes we can beat them. I not saying it will be easy but I think it is possible.

No doubt about it, their defense is bad. But so is ours. Then we would be asking Cutler to try and keep up with Manning. Manning can, and will, surgically cut apart our defense. I personally would much rather take on NE's personel than the Colts. I think their WRs are much easier to cover for us.

TXBRONC
12-28-2006, 06:30 PM
No doubt about it, their defense is bad. But so is ours. Then we would be asking Cutler to try and keep up with Manning. Manning can, and will, surgically cut apart our defense. I personally would much rather take on NE's personel than the Colts. I think their WRs are much easier to cover for us.

All true, however I still if we had to face the Colts we run until they can stop us. Getting into a shootout with the Colts wont work but if controlled the ball with our run game I like our chances.

londonbronco
12-29-2006, 08:34 PM
All true, however I still if we had to face the Colts we run until they can stop us. Getting into a shootout with the Colts wont work but if controlled the ball with our run game I like our chances.

good call, ball control offence, the ny giants bills super bowl, the one with the scott norwood missed fg,

the bills had a very high powered offence if i remember rightly jim kelly at qb an excellent rb,thurman thomas and good wideouts.

the giants came in controlled the clock, eating up huge chunks of clock,one scoring drive exceeded 9 mins kept kelly and co off the pitch, and sneaked an unlikely victory.

it can be done, but as tx bronc says can't get involved in a shootout got to keep there D on the field,and just run it up the gut short passes by cutler (montana style) ball control mistake free football......