PDA

View Full Version : How does Tenn. beat us in tiebreaker?

since1977
12-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I saw a thing on NFL.com that said Ten would be in if they won & Denver, Jacksonville & Cincy all lost. But, if that were the case we'd have the same record and we have a better conference record than the Titans. What's up with that? I think they should factor in strength of division. Some of those divisions are a joke, i.e. AFC South & East. I'm tired of losing tiebreakers b/c we play in a division that's always competitive and some other teams get in b/c they get 4 games against some of the worst teams b/c of weak divisions. I know, wa-wa.

The simple fact NE can win the div this year speaks to that. Bring on the Pats or Colts (they're falling apart and nothing compared to what we met earlier.)

BroncosorBust
12-28-2006, 08:42 AM
They probably hold a tie breaker over KC, and KC holds the tie breaker over us if we were to end up with the same record. Meaning KC would keep us from getting in and the Titans would go instead of KC.

since1977
12-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I thought the Conference record was the first tie-breaker for wild-cards, but I guess not. It's too ridiculous.

TheSportsGuru
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Only in a 3-way tie situation, becuase the Chiefs hld the tie-breaker over us with a better divisional record.

In a three-way situation, teams from the same division are broken first. K.C. was 4-2 Vs. the AFC West, Denver 3-3. Thus Denver is eliminated, tehn the tie-breaker would be between K.C. and Tennessee and the Titans would get in based on better conference record...

kratos_godofwar
12-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Well, this doesn't really matter because we HAVE to win no matter what this sunday. This doesn't matter because we hold our own destiny. If we lose to the 49ers, then we don't deserve to get into the playoffs. No excuses or anything. We win we're in. We lose, we need help from every where. We would need a Pit win, a KC loss, a Jax loss, a Tenn loss and probably more things to happen in order for us to get in.

ReleaseTheBeast7
12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, this doesn't really matter because we HAVE to win no matter what this sunday. This doesn't matter because we hold our own destiny. If we lose to the 49ers, then we don't deserve to get into the playoffs. No excuses or anything. We win we're in. We lose, we need help from every where. We would need a Pit win, a KC loss, a Jax loss, a Tenn loss and probably more things to happen in order for us to get in.

How would Jacksonville and KC both lose when they play each other? :confused:

Anyways... No, if we lose, we don't need all kinds of help... We just need Jacksonville to beat KC and we're in.

ReleaseTheBeast7
12-28-2006, 10:21 AM
The Broncos hold the tiebreaker edge against all the teams other than KC.

Yeah... Like I said, they lose, and we're in... Although, we're still going to be fighting for the #5 seed.