PDA

View Full Version : Beyond words

sbutk
01-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Like many Denver Bronco fans - and Americans in general - I woke up today this morning/afternoon on what would have been yet another lazy, uneventful New Year's Day after spending the previous night celebrating new hope, enthusiam, and optimism that we hope the brand new year of 2007 will have in store for us. What I was greeted with instead was the horrific news of this odious tragedy that has befallen a member of the team I love. But make no mistake about it, the fact that Darrent Williams was a Bronco in no way makes me biased in my reaction to such an event. The fact that one human being could make the conscious decision to end the life of another in such a cruel, irresponsible, and unprovoked manner (I'm willing to assume) is beyond comprehension. If this slaying in any way had anything to do with the Broncos' exit from the playoff race yesterday, then I am repulsed beyond words, and ashamed to be associated with the murderers as fans of our great organization. :ugh:

Darrent Williams, may you rest in peace, and forever be remembered as a Denver Bronco.

A respectful, yet somber, Mile High Salute to your memory...

:salute: