PDA

View Full Version : What Can WE Do?

xxxlibertine
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
There are those among us who attempt to find solace in "faith" when a senseless tragedy such as this occurs too close to home. There are the pathetic platitudes, expressions of "hope" that the one who is gone is in a "better place".

There are the expressions of outrage, and calls for "Justice", another chimeraic concept, the existence of which is as doubtful as the concept of the mythical "better place".

When all the expressions of grief have been made, when all the criticism and recriminations are retracted, when the sermon has been preached, the final goodbyes said, we say "it is all in GOD's hands now."

I have no "faith" in the common understanding of the word. I know there is certainly no such thing as "JUSTICE".

Here are a couple of things I think WE can do however, to make THIS world a better place.

1. I have some money, maybe a thousand dollars, I would like to be used as REWARD money for information leading to the arrest of the killer or killers of Darrent Williams.

2. I have another thousand that I would like to see go toward setting up a trust fund for Darrent's young children.

If these efforts seem worthy, let me know what you think. Let's see if we can do something good.

BroncoBash24
01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Those are some generous thoughts, but think about it, he made a few million dollars, his children will have money and I expect the bronco family will make sure they are okay. I think as fans we should all just remember this and stop being so hard on our players, people were hard on D-Will. This puts it all into perspective and we should all try and just be supportive fans in the new year and try to rally the team.

Tatum_26
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
That is extremely charitable. I think your 1,000 dollars would be put to better use for his kids. We could find someone to start an actual charity and all on the boards donate? I think that would be an excellent idea and I know I would donate.

Tatum_26
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Those are some generous thoughts, but think about it, he made a few million dollars, his children will have money and I expect the bronco family will make sure they are okay. I think as fans we should all just remember this and stop being so hard on our players, people were hard on D-Will. This puts it all into perspective and we should all try and just be supportive fans in the new year and try to rally the team.

I'll take back what I just posted. I completely agree with you BroncoBash24. Good post

Walker84
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
We should treat every player like its their last, because you never know if it is.