PDA

View Full Version : More information here

defense!!!
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I was just watching Point After on NFL Network and Adam Schefter was speaking about this. He said Williams, Javon Walker, and Brandon Marshall were leaving Carmelo Anthony's New Year's Eve party and they were loading the Hummer limousine to head to Allen Iverson's party when Brandon recommended they should leave due to "gang bangers coming" but it was too late for Williams who was killed by the many bullets in the drive-by. He supposedly died in the laps of Javon Walker.

Again, Adam said this is unofficial but it's very possible this is what happened.

I personally send out my prayers to the Broncos and the Williams family. Tragic day for the New Year.

Walker84
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
That is so frigen stupid like I don't get this why would some one want to take someones life?

ckstorm182000
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
If thats true, that seriously makes me even more sick to my stomach

bruce80_267
01-01-2007, 02:21 PM
OMG

If I was Walker I would be so shocked and scared.... I hope he gets better and I wish his family the best.

Spyder
01-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Me and my dad just heard this..

Gangbangers at Carmelo's party or where they heading there? Wow, for some reason that doesn't surprise me..

OptimusPrime5
01-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Gangbangers at Carmelo's party or where they heading there? Wow, for some reason that doesn't surprise me..

I say we put them in a small cell and make them watch highlights of darrent williams for the rest of their life.

aberdien
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Thats why I hate gangs...I hope they get caught..

evendelae
01-01-2007, 02:29 PM
God. I feel so bad for Javon and B-Marsh. wow.

rcsodak
01-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Carmelo and gang members?

Surely not..... :rolleyes:

The Nuggets FO needs to rid themselves of that cancer.....pronto. :coffee:

gmjones2001
01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
With gangbangers there is no answer to the "why" or "what for".

They are the lowest form of human life.

They respect nothing but their egos.

Their turf.

It's a waste and it's sad but the idiots who shot the limo will NEVER see it that way.

Well maybe in a very long time they will come to understand what they did and how wrong it was.

TitansFan04
01-01-2007, 02:32 PM
He died on JW's lap? Ah ****! I hope someone keeps an eye on him, as well as Brandon, for a while cause they're probably feeling the worst out of everyone besides Darrent's family.

Hey defense!!! ? I'm going to post what you said on the Titans board. If that's not okay I'll delete it. Just let me know. Here's the thread link:

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22834

defense!!!
01-01-2007, 02:35 PM
He died on JW's lap? Ah ****! I hope someone keeps an eye on him for a while cause he's probably feeling the worst out of everyone besides Darrent's family.

Hey defense!!! ? I'm going to post what you said on the Titans board. If that's not okay I'll delete it. Just let me know. Here's the thread link:

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22834

Go for it. And yeah, Javon's going to have a tough emotional time with this. Poor, poor guy. Brandon too since he was there.

TitansFan04
01-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah I forgot about Brandon for a second but I edited my post.

Thanks for letting me post it.

halfback
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
i things are very sketchy right now with the exact details of what was going on, i didnt see sheffter's report but epsn is reporting that the club they were at was having a b-day party for kenyon martin, and from what they are saying there was a group of people in williams party that included walker, and some of them got into an altercation with another group at the club and maybe that sparked they attack, but everything is so jumbled right now i dont know what to believe

SPLITTINGBUNS
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Gangbangers are everywhere not just Melos party.

Spyder
01-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Yeah, and your point?

The thread was about Darrent being at Carmelo's party and gangbangers being on there way. Somehow Brandon Marshall knew about them coming, so maybe something went on inside? Ever thought about that?

There's a lot of things up in the air right now, but my point was to say that gangbangers being ANYWHERE NEAR Carmelo is no surprise. Seen the news? He's a total thug.

ckstorm182000
01-01-2007, 03:05 PM
very true, they are all over. Denver has a bigger problem than some people think

Nomad Broncofan
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Gee! What a surprise to see Carmelo Anthony's name in there associated with gangs! My concern now, if true about Javon, this is going to leave a huge emotional hole with him and marshall being at the scene.

champbronc2
01-01-2007, 03:11 PM
I hate this. I hate it all. It makes me sick to my stomach.

This is so tragic.

Ill-fated.

Why do people do these things?

Javon Walker will be emotionally scarred for life. Brandon Marshall too.

http://www.smileyhut.com/sad/rip.gif
http://www.smileyhut.com/sad/cry2.gif

If Carmelo has anything to do with it he should have a big penalty.

This is horrible.

BroncoRy
01-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Updated article about the horrible incident from the Denver Post. Broncos right cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed early New Year's Day after leaving a nightclub in a stretch Hummer limousine.

Two other people, a man and a woman, who were in the back of a Hummer, were also shot but their injuries were not considered life threatening, said Sonny Jackson, Denver police spokesman.

The police department was not confirming Williams was killed but the Denver Broncos sources said they were contacted by police who said that he was shot to death.

"I learned from the Denver police department that this incident has occurred," Williams' agent, Jeff Griffin said Monday morning. "No other details have been released. I sincerely offer my condolences and feelings to his
Darrent Williams

* View a Darrent Williams slideshow
* Watch a video about Williams' murder.
* The Broncos Interviews: Darrent Williams
* Darrent Williams stats

family."

Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin said that Broncos and Nuggets players were at the Shelter nightclub at 1037 Broadway for a birthday party for him and to celebrate New Year's Eve. Williams' name was on a flyer advertising the party, according to Martin.

"Celebrate with the home team at the Safari New Year's Eve bash at The Shelter," the flyer said. "Denver Broncos Tatum Bell, D.J. Williams, Darrent Williams, and Brandon Marshall host the party along with Denver Nuggets J.R. Smith and DerMarr Johnson; DJ Chief Rocka of The Radio Bums holds down the turntables."

Martin said he and several other Nuggets players left the nightclub before midnight, before any problems arose.

"I was there. He was there. I left. I saw him. That was about the extent of it," Martin said Monday. "It is what it is. It's an unfortunate thing."

There was a disagreement between two groups of people at the nightclub, Jackson said. It is unclear whether any of the pro football and basketball players were involved in the dispute.

"Sounds to me that we were fortunate to have lost just one," a Broncos assistant coach said, referring to the shooting.

The argument may
(Post / Glenn Asakawa)
have led to the shooting, but police are also investigating other possible motives, Jackson said.

The Hummer that can hold 23 passengers left the Shelter and was northbound on Speer Boulevard between 10th and 11th avenues at about 2 a.m. when a white Suburban or Tahoe pulled up next to the limo, Jackson said. A suspect inside the car, which had tinted windows, peppered the Hummer with shots from a pistol, according to Jackson.

Williams was struck in the neck with a bullet, Griffin said.

Denver police are searching for suspects but no one is in custody, he said. It was unclear how many suspects there were.

"There are suspects but we're not identifying who we're searching for," Jackson said.
Darrent Williams cornerback of Oklahoma State University smiles as he holds up a Broncos jersey with his name and year during a press conference announcing the Denver Broncos draft choices at Dove Valley in 2005. (Post / John Leyba)

Several other people were in the limousine at the time of the shooting, he said.

Outside the Shelter nightclub, a "Happy New Year" party hat laid in the snow on the sidewalk next to an empty bottle of Full Throttle Energy Drink. The nightclub, with no sign and red-tiled exterior, is next to Luciano's Pizza and Wings restaurant and was empty Monday morning.

Homicide detectives were interviewing witnesses to the argument in the bar and who were in the limousine.

The Hummer owned by A Advantage Limousine Service rents for $250 an hour on New Year's Eve, according to the owner.

"This is the first time anything like this has happened to us," he said.

He said he could not comment about the shooting at the request of the police department.

In the early morning Monday, the hummer sat with its blinkers flashing on the corner of 11th and Speer Boulevard. Bulletholes pocked the side door. Police had shut off Speer, directing traffic to the snowy sidestreets. Yellow cards were set in the street by police, indicating where bullets were.

Jackson said only passengers of the limousine were shot.

Williams, who was 24, was the Broncos' starting right cornerback and played his final game for the team in a 26-23 overtime loss to the San Francisco 49ers that eliminated Denver from the playoffs on New Year's Eve.

The Broncos selected the 5-foot-8, 188-pound cornerback in the second round of the 2005 draft out of Oklahoma State due in part to his outstanding kick return ability. As a rookie, Williams played in 12 regular season games, made nine starts and ranked eighth on the team in tackles (58). He had two interceptions, including an 80-yard return for a touchdown against Oakland, the second longest interception return for a touchdown in team history.

On special teams, Williams returned a team high 17 punts for an 8.7 average. He was 13th in the AFC with a 23.9-yard average on a team-high 18 kickoff returns. Williams missed the final three regular season games with a groin injury but played in both playoff games.

At Oklahoma State, Williams made a name for himself as one of the most electrifying return men in college football. He scored nine times in his career, five on interceptions, three on punt returns and once on a blocked extra point return. He started 32 games in his four years and had 11 interceptions.

In high school, Williams was a three-time all-district honoree at O.D. Wyatt High School in Fort Worth. He began his career as a running back before being switched to defensive back. As a senior, he had five interceptions and scored four touchdowns on punt returns.

Jackson said he could not discuss whether police are speaking with team officials. The police department will not release the victim's name until his family is properly notified, he said.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said he is speechless with sadness over Williams' death.

"We all know that Darrent was an excellent player, but as a person, he was a first class young man who brightened every room with his smile, attitude and personality.

"I cannot express how heartsick I feel at this loss. All of our players and coaches are completely shocked by this terrible tragedy, and my deepest condolences go out to the entire Williams family," Shanahan said.

Oklahoma State University head football coach Mike Gundy said Williams' death was a huge loss to the school where he played from 2001 to 2004.

"It's a loss that goes far beyond the football field. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his teammates, the Denver organization and all of those in the OSU community he touched," Gundy said.

The Hamburgler
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
He has two young kids. Thats bad. And in the offseason, he was going to go back to Fort Worth and help kids stay away from gangs. Its a tragic end.

GeneralSterlingPrice
01-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Well, you know Carmelo has been known to sucker punch a guy then run away.

ckstorm182000
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Latest reports are Kenyon Martin, not Carmelo so before you start trashing someone, make sure you have the facts.

Sure Carmelo isn't an angel but don't blame him for Darrent's death, he didn't pull the trigger nor does anyone know if he was even there

BroncoRy
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
The party was advertised publicly. In the article there is no mention of Carmelo. Adam Schefter reported it was his party but Ill take the word of the local paper over Shefter.
Until more information comes including information that first includes whether Melo was even there and if so then information is needed to link Melo to the gangbangers. There is alot to this story no one even knows.

So, don't be so judgemental and condemn Carmelo until much, much more is known. If it turns out Melo is somehow linked to the gangbangers then that will be his cross to bear and further diminish his shrinking reputation.

Lorcust
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Latest reports are Kenyon Martin, not Carmelo so before you start trashing someone, make sure you have the facts.

Sure Carmelo isn't an angel but don't blame him for Darrent's death, he didn't pull the trigger nor does anyone know if he was even there

People are just being irrational.

Darrent died, that's expected... :(

Chidoze
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Adam Scheffter just confirmed on 850koa that Darrent did in fact die in Javon Walkers arms and that Javon is very very shaken up by this..........

Spyder
01-01-2007, 03:59 PM

Who's trashing Carmelo? It's no secret Carmelo is a thug, that's been no secret for many years now. Also, no one blamed Carmelo for killing Darrent, most people just said it wouldn't come as a shock if Carmelo was somehow linked to these guys. Not that he had it done, no nothing like that, but that these people even being anywhere near him.

Now the reports are Kenyon Martin? Again, that's no big surprise because Kenyon Martin is also a known thug and has a reputation for being a thug. He didn't kill Darrent Williams but it wouldn't be a surprise if his party included thugs off of the street, nor would it be any different if it was Carmelo's party that contained people of questionable character.

No one knows any major facts other than a man is dead right now. It's all just speculation.

GeneralSterlingPrice
01-01-2007, 04:00 PM

Please show me where I blamed him for his death. I'm not going to get dragged into a pissing contest about Carmelo anthonys character. I just just commenting on a previous statement someone made about him. It doesn't matter where he was he did not deserve this.

eaglebronco
01-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I am not suprised at this. Until people change their thought patterns we will continue to see death like this.

It's up to all of us in the US to educate and stop this behavior. Education is the key!

Darrent, Thank You for all the games and I pray for your family. :salute:

ckstorm182000
01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
The party was advertised publicly. In the article there is no mention of Carmelo. Adam Schefter reported it was his party but Ill take the word of the local paper over Shefter.
Until more information comes including information that first includes whether Melo was even there and if so then information is needed to link Melo to the gangbangers. There is alot to this story no one even knows.

So, don't be so judgemental and condemn Carmelo until much, much more is known. If it turns out Melo is somehow linked to the gangbangers then that will be his cross to bear and further diminish his shrinking reputation.
thats the point I was trying to get across. Thanks

Dirtball
01-01-2007, 04:06 PM
"I was there. He was there. I left. I saw him. That was about the extent of it," Martin said Monday. "It is what it is. It's an unfortunate thing."

Is it me, or does this seem like huge understatement.

bengaaaaals1688
01-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Is it me, or does this seem like huge understatement.

It is an understatement, but because Martin is in the limelight over it he can't say too much. Clearly he dislikes it as a lot more than just an unfortunate thing, but he doesn't want to say too much. At least, I hope that's why he only said that.

WABronco
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
It is an understatement, but because Martin is in the limelight over it he can't say too much. Clearly he dislikes it as a lot more than just an unfortunate thing, but he doesn't want to say too much. At least, I hope that's why he only said that.
No, I think it's fair to say that Martin's just a jerk.

"It is what is." Yea, he can go screw himself as far as I'm concerned. Senseless prick.

BroncoRy
01-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Martin is a jerk. Martin, is just cold blooded, IMO.

bengaaaaals1688
01-01-2007, 04:17 PM
No, I think it's fair to say that Martin's just a jerk.

"It is what is." Yea, he can go screw himself as far as I'm concerned. Senseless prick.

It could be because of that. I won't say it is because I don't know for sure, and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he just doesn't want to say too much.

Then again you could be right, I don't know. I am not trying to stick up for Martin, just trying to give him the benefit of doubt.

NuggetFan
01-01-2007, 04:19 PM
MY God...

It is true that this was a horendous act and there will be grief over this for years to come.

But blaim the people that shot him. I realize Melo is easy to blaim as he is a face you can point to and name but dont be idiots. God next you will blaim the freaking world trade center on him cause Melo was in the country. Dont be dumb. Place the blaim where the blaim is due, don't just inset a culprit because they are available.

And don't try saying "I am not blaiming Melo". Bull. You are certainly blaiming Melo by bringing his name in it at all. Say it was Melos party, that is fine. But the very mention of Melo is a thug, Melo might have known the gang, is just stretching for a face to blaim and is idiotic.

Sphinx571
01-01-2007, 04:21 PM
First off, my condolences are extended to the Williams' family, the Broncos and the fans.

Now, if what Adam Scheffler said was true, I expect this shooting will probably go unsolved. Who's going to talk if gangbangers were involved!?!?! I agree with the statement that gangbangers are the lowest of the low. Taking someone's life means absolutely nothing to them!

This entire situation is very disturbing. I love the Broncos, but I wasn't bitter about the loss against the 49ers, didn't even shed a tear! The future looks bright, Jay is maturing and I have next year to look forward to. Realistically, I never expected a rookie straight out of college lead the Broncos to the SuperBowl.
I went to bed knowing the Broncos did the very best they could. But, I got up this morning, turned onto ESPN radio and hear that Darrent was shot and killed! No matter what the circumstances, no one deserves to be gunned down like an animal!

Yes, this morning, I cried my eyes out!

Keep your heads up, guys! :salute:

WABronco
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Martin is a jerk. Martin, is just cold blooded, IMO.
I think it's fair to say, based off prior history, that Martin cares about nothing or no one but himself. It's a shame that he has been blessed with the life he has, because he sure doesn't deserve it.

But really, that's not what matters here...

BroncoRy
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I think it's fair to say, based off prior history, that Martin cares about nothing or no one but himself. It's a shame that he has been blessed with the life he has, because he sure doesn't deserve it.

But really, that's not what matters here...

Nope, doesn't matter at all. I was just struck by his comment when I read then article then someone mentioned it so I responded.

There is alot of information going around. We all just have to sit tight and wait for the facts.

No matter who said what or who did what the fact remains DWill is dead and it is no ones fault but the ugly people who made the choice to take a life. I truly hope the Denver police get this solved quickly.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
WOW this is horrible!
Javon prolly feels sick!
holy cow
thats just tragic! :(

orangenblue420
01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Carmelo and gang members?

Surely not..... :rolleyes:

The Nuggets FO needs to rid themselves of that cancer.....pronto. :coffee:

Yeas adding AI to the roster helped that cancer grow BIGGER

What disgusts me is that these are grown men with millions of dollars - cant they find something else better to do with their time - come on now - they could afford to rent a floor in a posh hotel and have a very private party - but no they gotte KEEP IT REAL :rolleyes: MORONS GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fraguela09
01-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Where's Al Sharpton? Rev. Jackson? Jim Brown? Where's all the outrage? I guess since City of Dallas is not liable, and no money can be made, these moral voices and honorable men remain silent. SAD. Jocks today think they are like the old rat pack and where Sinatra hung out with mobsters, so do these guys hang out with their "gangbangers." With big biz and music industry selling this hiphop image where being cool is being lowbrow, and being tough is spitting a semi-automatic wiht your outstretched arm sticking out a car window at 25 mph... SO SICK. Being tough is being a man... face-2-face... mano-y-mano. The mind should seek the light of enlightenment and apsire for greatest, not to give in to the base needs of the flesh and ego. This image has only enslaved those who feel they are beyond control, and these outlaws feel they operate outside the system, when actually there are pawns in the very game created for them. The buy, buy, buy and swallow the junk sold to them and this is the lives they lead! Another senseless death...

Casper Bronco
01-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Yeas adding AI to the roster helped that cancer grow BIGGER

What disgusts me is that these are grown men with millions of dollars - cant they find something else better to do with their time - come on now - they could afford to rent a floor in a posh hotel and have a very private party - but no they gotte KEEP IT REAL :rolleyes: MORONS GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They hosted a PUBLIC PARTY it wasn't them who let them in the door. Have you guys ever heard of bouncers? These players didn't stand at the door letting people in.

Spyder
01-01-2007, 04:48 PM
A public party with multi-million dollar athletes and these bouncers that these athletes probably paid are letting any average joe into the party?

Wow, that's real great.

Casper Bronco
01-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Most likely! There may be a list of people with priority to get in, but anybody can get into a public party. All they probably had to do is pay a $20 cover.

2Broncoholics
01-01-2007, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=champbronc2]I

This is exactly my thinking...but I think Carmelo should be kicked out of sports altogether.

What a tragic, heartbreaking loss for the Williams family, the city of Denver, the Denver Broncos, and their fans...

RIP Darrent.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/TRetrodivaH/DW19822007.jpg

2Broncoholics
01-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Because gang-bangers have no respect for life-not their own, and certainly not anyone elses.

They're pathetic. I hope whoever killed Darrent rots in hell.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/TRetrodivaH/DW19822007.jpg