PDA

View Full Version : Condolences from a San Fran 49ers fan

CSULB49er
01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Just woke up and heard about this...sad. he was a good up and coming player, and from what i've heard, he was a good guy too.

Just yesterday, he was making our special teams coverage look foolish, and then something senseless takes him away.

We may have been enemies yesterday, but today we come together to mourn the loss of a good player, and more importantly, a good person.

AGENTORANGE 666
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Thanks, were all hurting right now, thanks for the words.

FrankieGFan
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Condolences from another 49er fan as well. Prayers go out to the family, friends and Broncos. I've already replied in another thread.

Giddyupgirl
01-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Just woke up and heard about this...sad. he was a good up and coming player, and from what i've heard, he was a good guy too.

Just yesterday, he was making our special teams coverage look foolish, and then something senseless takes him away.

We may have been enemies yesterday, but today we come together to mourn the loss of a good player, and more importantly, a good person.

THANK YOU!!!

As a diehard fan I want to thank you for your kind words. Allow me to extend my congratulations on a HUGE win for you and your Team! It was heartbreaking to see out guys out of the playoffs, but what a moral booster for the 49ers.

Thanks for your condolences!

TBSportsFan
01-01-2007, 05:32 PM
I know this has been said a hundred times, but I feel the need to say something.

I'm a Bucs fan, and I guess I started following (and rooting for) the Broncos when I was so upset that John Lynch ended up as a free agent and then with Denver a few years ago. I was watching the game yesterday, and I was sad to see the playoff race just barely slip away from Denver. But now it's so hard to think of that as a big deal. Denver fans seem like a good group of people, because everyone on this forum really seems to know what matters. My condolences to all of you fans, to the Broncos organization, and to Williams' family. This is such a horrible thing to happen. The team will be in our thoughts here in Florida.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks, this is definitely a time of hardship for all Bronco fans.

MirajeBK
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
this one hurts...this one hurts bad. While I'm a 49er fan, my little brother is a Bronco fan and D-Wil was my favorite player besides Gore. I always steal him from you guys in Madden. This was a senseless event.

For Javon Walker (and the rest of the Broncos)---my friend...our sympathy is with you and our hearts go out to you. Do not let this event bring down your life, let it strengthen you through the desire to play for your friend. Become stronger, and use his life as a boost to enhance your own.

To the fans, regardless of affiliation---this brings us back to reality. It is sad that it takes the loss of a "high-profile" person to do such a thing when such senseless acts happen everyday. We need to open our eyes a little more to see the world around us and try our hardest even more to end such senseless violence.

To Mr. Williams' family (especially his two young children)---our hearts and prayers go out to you. Many of us will try our best to help you and be there with you. Take his life and let it move you forward. Remember that your father was a mentor and a favorite to many of us and that he was a good man that brought smiles to the people around him.

We will miss you my friend, it was a senseless act that should never have happened. Save us a spot in football heaven, right between you and Thomas Herrion. Goodbye Darrent.

damn this sucks :sad:

watchthemiddle
01-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Thank you 9er's fans for taking the time out to come on here and post your condolences.

It doesn't go un-noticed and is much appreciated.

pay2528
01-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I , as a diehard Bronco fan, have really been touched that so many fans across the country are hurting too and posting here. I loved Darrent from the first. His happiness at playing was so evident and he was such a joy to watch. This really hurts to lose him. When I saw it on TV this AM I thought it was not true, how could it be? I wanted to say that we are all football friends right now, this tragedy strikes across the country and while we are all rivals when it comes to game time it is great we can all come together at a time like this.
BTW, congrats on your win. San Fran has always been my second favorite team (as well as my 24 year old son). My son took our tickets yesterday since he loves you all too. Pat

nebs
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
It's really amazing to see the number of fans from teams throughout the NFL come and give condolences. I think half the league has come through and this is just fans of other teams. Nice to see. :salute:

2 Minute Warning
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words.

MNNinerFan
01-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Just wanted to say sorry for your teams loss. Seemed like a really talented guy with great fire for the game.

sbutk
01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Thank you 9er's fans for taking the time out to come on here and post your condolences.

It doesn't go un-noticed and is much appreciated.

Kindof a sobering reminder that football, while a way of life for these young men, is still only a game. ...And that the human spirit can transcend all rivalries. Thank you, everyone, for your kind sentiments and show of support.

R.I.P., Darrent.

:salute:

cutlerfan#1
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM
THis is a big loss and Javon witnessed it, I wonder what Javon's reaction was either way everyone here will miss him and thank all of u other fans for being so serious about this

Ronin 49er
01-02-2007, 03:49 AM
My condolences go out to the Williams family and the entire Bronco family. You guys hang in there.

calibroncogrl47
01-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Thank you all for the kind words and support!... I have to go to work today, and I just don't want too. Still very sad!

Just Sunday me and my husband were going at it.. head to head..See he is a 49er fan and I am a huge bronco fan. I was so upset for the loss and in a bad mood most of new years eve. But yesterday's news about darrent changed everything. That game was indeed just a game.. Darrent's loss is all that matters now. We will miss you like crazy #27. You were one of my Favs. Sundays will not be the same without you. On behalf of all fans..You will not be forgotten!! Rest in Peace D Will.

slr777
01-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks all you other fans thats stand up. :salute:

akilino20
01-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you very much for the kinds words and condolences. In the end we're all brothers, it took something like this for me to realize that. Thanks again

payeur49er
01-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I am 9er fan from salt lake city and had gone to the game in denver on sunday night. When I woke up in my hotel room on monday morning and saw the news I was stunned. I had my mom with me who is a die hard bronco fan and she started to cry. I cried along with her remembering the game. Not that my niners one, but of how hard Darrent Williams played. Of all the pictures we got of him and how the last time the niners where in Denver we lost one of our own. To all the Bronco fans my deepest sympathy. To Darrent Williams family and the bronco organzation you are all in my thoughts and prayers. That game will now be remember to me the last game I got to see Williams play is heart out. Love to all Bronco fans. He was a great player and wonderful man.