PDA

View Full Version : Heartfelt condolences from Charger fan

Chargernation
01-01-2007, 02:31 PM
We live in L.A., and my girlfriend, who is a Denver native and die-hard Broncos fan, told me the news this morning. It's so hard to believe.

We flew to Denver for the Charger game in November, and I remember that interception Williams had for a TD. I remember thinking that he had a bright future, and in time, even though he's still young and learning the ropes now, that he would be a great complement to Champ Bailey in the secondary. The kid had a lot of heart and talent -- anyone could see that.

Hard to believe he's gone. My condolences to the entire organization and all its fans. I think you're a class organization, and I am sorry you have to deal with such a senseless tragedy.

Snapping Turtle
01-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Thank you, I know that I am having a difficult time with this and I assume all of Broncos nation feels the same and it is nice to hear that Darrent will be remembered by fans of other teams.

AGENTORANGE 666
01-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you, I know that I am having a difficult time with this and I assume all of Broncos nation feels the same and it is nice to hear that Darrent will be remembered by fans of other teams.

Same here, I just cant read a post without tearing up, this hurts so bad.

boltfan87
01-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Another Bolt fan here.

I just heard the news a couple minutes ago after finally ariving home. I was browsing the AFC West section of the Charger forum, and the first thing that caught my eye was a thread titled "Darrent Williams gunned down..." And my initial reaction was "oh no, not another player shot".

But after opening the thread and learning more about the tragedy, my reaction turned into more than just a shock. I felt absolutely sick to my stomach, knowing that I was just watching this young man play the sport he loved a couple weeks ago against the Chargers.

My deepest condolences to his family, to the entire Broncos organization, and to everyone else affected by this tragic event. What a truly sad way to begin 2007.