PDA

View Full Version : Gangs and Sports

bruce80_267
01-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I think the NBA, NFL and NCAA should ban players from doing ANY gang related crimes. How often in sports do we hear about players carrying guns without any permits.

So I think instead of player missing the game they should be BANNED from any Sports related events. A little harsh no its not if they want to join a gang or carry guns like the Bengals player did I think they should be banned from the league for their life-time.

They get into a pro league then they do gang related crimes fine if they want now its sick on its still going on. Every league should step and do something about this its stupid and it killed a 24 Year old Man with a wife and a son.......

orangeblossom94
01-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I said the other day that if a player was found guilty of any crime involving guns or violence of any sort, he should be banned for life. I think it might be harsh but at the same time, they don't deserve to have the money they make if they can't stay away from committing crimes.

1.21Gigawatts
01-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't know if banning them for life will help. That will make them turn to more gang related activity since they have no more sports in their life. They're going to start hanging with the wrong crowd even more. People like Darrent hung with the wrong crowd, but turned it around and started doing more positive things. I think sports can help someone become a better person.

And just because someone has a gun does not mean they are in a gang. Maybe they are using it for protection. They just need to stop going to places where there's trouble brewing. At least stop going to clubs that attract hooligans.

SPLITTINGBUNS
01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
banning them for life for carrying a gun? Thats dumb, I carry one all the time and I dont gangbang.

Spyder
01-01-2007, 04:11 PM
You can't really stop it if these young men decide to continue down that road.

You walk into a club with a gun or a your little gang, of course you're going to draw attention to yourself and more times than not you're going to have an altercation between groups.

I don't gangbang, but I know a lot of people who do and if sports wasn't in their life they'd be worse than they are now. There's only so much coaches and other players can do to help these people. At some point comes a time when they need to make the right choice and ask themselves what's more important.

Their life or their little crew.

sean uk fan
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
whats Gangbanging???

Aija
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Who's doing any gang related crimes? I mean your post makes no sense whatsoever. Most times these parties aren't exclusive parties and the public do get in to these parties. Not only gane members own guns or commit crimes. Respect the man's memory and stop speculating about his death and trying to make it a cause for a witch hunt.

My 2 cents

bengaaaaals1688
It isn't going to work as well as you think. Even if they get banned from sports it isn't like that is going to make them stop carrying a gun. They will still carry one, but they will also have more time on their hands to commit those crimes. What they need to do is to stop letting these guys get off just because they are famous and are athletes. The problem is that when a regular guy gets caught with a gun or in a gang he gets arrested and goes to jail, but because these guys have money and are athletes they can do what they want and get off anyways. They just need to be more strict with these guys.

orangeblossom94
I said a gun related crime.....I used to be a competitive markswoman, so I don't see anything wrong with guns....but I do see a problem with gun-related crimes.

eaglebronco
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I said a gun related crime.....I used to be a competitive markswoman, so I don't see anything wrong with guns....but I do see a problem with gun-related crimes.

Guns are not the problem. It is being ignorant and un educated that leads to crime.

Geandily
01-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Guns are not the problem. It is being ignorant and un educated that leads to crime.

Completely agree with you.

Aija
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Sorry but guns are a problem. Take a good look at America and tell me what good purpose guns serve in this society?

Self deffense? If we didn't own guns then we'd not need to be defending ourselves.

Hunting? Well animals deserve the right to live too.

That's where it all started and until lawmakers decide to reform the gun ownership rules we will continue to have this useless violence. Alcohol and guns are legal death.

My 2cents.

orangeblossom94
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't want to get into a gun control debate on a thread where we're supposed to be honoring a lost Bronco but if guns were illegal, the criminals would still find a way to get them and then we'd be left defenseless against them.

Bobby Bouchet
01-01-2007, 04:51 PM
They just need to stop going to places where there's trouble brewing. At least stop going to clubs that attract hooligans.
Absolutely right. We've all got better things to be doing than hanging at places where this kind of junk goes down. I'm really sorry this happened.

bruce80_267
01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Please don't flame me for my ideas :goofy: So most people on teams would not go rat out who's in a gang to the coach right? Yeah so if they get involved in a gang why should't the league care. Well it causes this. I'm not saying this was the reason for is death.

We all know there are players out with with GUN WITH OUT PAPER WORK. Even that is a crime I think any player either super star or not that gets/has a crime record should not be able to play.