PDA

View Full Version : A Prayer for the family of Darrent

TXBRONC
01-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Almighty Father, creator of heaven and earth. We thank you for all the blessing that you give to us each and everyday because you love us so. In your grace and mercy you tell us we can call upon you for all things. So it is now O Lord that we call upon you now to give comfort to the family of Darrent Williams as they mourn his death and may they have a portion of your peace which surpasses all human understanding. Amen.

Lorcust
01-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not Christian but... I'll just do my jewish thing.

Baruch atah adonai, elohaynu melech aho lam.

You'll always be in our hearts Darrent. :salute:

Jaws
01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Dear Lord,
Please help his family in this time of loss and overwhelming grief. . Show them your compassion, Lord and help his loved ones through the pain so that they can hope in you again. Send them your fresh mercy each day and though it may be difficult to see past today, fill them with trust that your great love will never fail them,
Amen

eabort
01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Father, you are a God who brings life and You desire for us all to flourish together. I praise you for your love and faithfulness you continually show.

I know you are as saddened by this tragedy as you were when Cain killed Abel. Unfortunately we have learned little about the value of life and for that I ask for your forgiveness on humanity.

I ask Father, that you would help the family and friends of Darrent Williams to grieve well and that you would protect them from allowing bitterness to overtake them.

I pray that the evildoers would be caught and justly punished for their lack of value they place on human life.

I pray that people would have a correct understanding of evil and know this is not of You. I pray that people would know that evil is a privation that takes away from the good and that it is not something You have created but is an effect of turning form You.

I pray more people would come to You rather than turn from You on account of this incident.

Father, You are good and Holy and I pray that you would bring good out of tragedy.

In Jesus name
Psalm 23

ClevelandBronco
01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Almighty Father, creator of heaven and earth. We thank you for all the blessing that you give to us each and everyday because you love us so. In your grace and mercy you tell us we can call upon you for all things. So it is now O Lord that we call upon you now to give comfort to the family of Darrent Williams as they mourn his death and may they have a portion of your peace which surpasses all human understanding. Amen.

Best post I've read all day.

ClevelandBronco
01-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Father, you are a God who brings life and You desire for us all to flourish together. I praise you for your love and faithfulness you continually show.

I know you are as saddened by this tragedy as you were when Cain killed Abel. Unfortunately we have learned little about the value of life and for that I ask for your forgiveness on humanity.

I ask Father, that you would help the family and friends of Darrent Williams to grieve well and that you would protect them from allowing bitterness to overtake them.

I pray that the evildoers would be caught and justly punished for their lack of value they place on human life.

I pray that people would have a correct understanding of evil and know this is not of You. I pray that people would know that evil is a privation that takes away from the good and that it is not something You have created but is an effect of turning form You.

I pray more people would come to You rather than turn from You on account of this incident.

Father, You are good and Holy and I pray that you would bring good out of tragedy.

In Jesus name
Psalm 23

And that was stunningly beautiful.

Morambar
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Lord Father, send your Holy Spirit with peace, healing, consolation and comfort to all who Loved Darrent. Renew their hope and grant them the reassurance that this present sorrow is not for all time, and the final victory over death and all evil is Yours eternally. Thanks be to You for the brief time and the great positive impact Darrent had with us, for all the blessings You bestow on us and above all for Your Love and Grace, and for keeping all Your children in Your firm embrace in this world and the next. These things I ask in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away; blessed be the name of the Lord. "
"But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. "

vectorscg
01-01-2007, 06:48 PM
This is another reason we need a vigil. I think as a community we need to do something for Darrent to honor him as a human being and one of our city's ambassadors. Even though he was here 2 years we all know he would have played here considerably longer had he not been cut down.

eabort
01-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I hope more people will express their thoughts and prayers through threads like this.
Thanks for starting such a meaningful thread.