PDA

View Full Version : Shame on the NFL

BRONCOS4LIFE8
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I am absolutly disgusted that on the the official homepage of the NFL(nfl.com) that their is not an tribute of respect to an fellow member of this league that has has been killed. NFL have some respect at least make this very sad situation a cover story. I am disgusted by the league at this point maybe you guys up in that front office dont have time to notice things like this, you are to busy fining guys 5000 for wearing their socks to high.
Have some DAMN RESPECT. R.I.P Darrent Williams may God be with you and your family.

AntiSteeler
01-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I know, I watched ESPN, reported it, said nothing about it afterwards, and just went back to Bobby Knight, "On the brink of history" how does that matter more than someone dying in such fashion, or dying at all, that is a serious figure in sports.

SkyFlash1
01-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Yes, it's pretty amazing there is nothing on this on the NFL page. Guess if you don't get into the post season you're not news worthy under any circumstances.

Bronco4l1fe
01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I am sure they will do something, there is a link on the front page. I am sure there is not a full staff there today, and even though it is tragic, and there is not much news coming out of Denver yet I am sure they are up to date as possible. This happened less than 24 hours, give some people a break for cryin out loud, I am sure the whole league is still in shock, just give it some time I am sure the NFL will do the right thing.

nebs
I got more out of my local news than I did on BSPN and NfL Network combined.

BroncoFanInPattyLand
MSN and FOX News have it on their front page and the NFL can't take time out of the playoffs to honor a great young man, he gets a side story on NFL.com??? Come on NFL.com step up...

Chidoze
I think right now, they know very little information and dont want to make a spectacle without having more details. That's all. I'm sure they care, they just want to wait until they can give a more thorough report.

Br0nc0sF4n@415
01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
looks like u guys are watching "BSPN" and not the actual ESPN, yes i am disgusted about the nfl.com home page. But when watching ESPN, they mentioned about it, they had a segment about it. They had a reporter actually in denver, and showed footage of the white limo, and about what happened. Also, the NFL Network, was the first one to report it as Adam Schefter did, and i was watching it. NFL Network got it, ESPN Got it, still mad about the homepage though. But they do have a link

Br0nc0sF4n@415
01-01-2007, 08:36 PM
oh and, it's about the NFL trying to "hype" up the playoffs, to get more viewers, thus making CBS, FOX, and NBC more happy, which will result them paying more once the contract is running out. It's all about money for the NFL, can't take the time to honor someone

kalekona
01-01-2007, 09:17 PM
I have to share the disappointment of NFL.com

Someone is updating the site they very well could have given this tragedy more than a mear side link.

MLB.com took no time in honoring Corey Liddle after his plane crash...

This is a black eye for the NFL for sure.

AGENTORANGE 666
01-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I know, I watched ESPN, reported it, said nothing about it afterwards, and just went back to Bobby Knight, "On the brink of history" how does that matter more than someone dying in such fashion, or dying at all, that is a serious figure in sports.

I know what youre saying, and not lets forget Brett Favre and whether or not hes going to come back next year or not, because thats way more important then someones death. **** the NFL and ESPN, **** them both.

Tatum_26
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree with you guys 100% about the nfl.com but... On sportscenter do you except them to talk the whole entire show about Darrent?