PDA

View Full Version : regrets from the Big Easy

N.O. Saints43
01-02-2007, 01:08 AM
[FONT=Garamond]To the Williams family

My name is Matthew Sprawls and I am a police officer in southern Louisiana and I would like to express my deepest sorrows for the lose of you son.

As you probably know I was working through hurricane Katrina and during that time I gained a lot more respect for life. So much death and destruction was around me that whenever I hear of sensless violence which ends lives over nothing it just makes my heart ache. I only wish I had some words to say that would sound wise but I have none. So I will steal a passage from J.R.R. Tolkein author of The Lord of The Rings which often comforts me during bad times.

(Frodo Baggins) "I wish no of this had ever happened."

(Gandalf)"So do all that have lived to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. The only thing we have to do is decide what to do with the time we have left."

Again I am saddened by the sensless death of Darrent Williams and my prayers will be with the Williams family and the Denver Broncos organization.

I normally sign my letters with geaux (go) saints but I don't feel up to it so I will sign off with,

Geaux Darrent Williams and godspeed
Matthew Sprawls

Orange_Crush21
01-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the kind words Matthew. I hope you and your family have recovered well after the hurricane.

We are all going to miss D-Will so much.