PDA

View Full Version : Wild card weekend picks

jking
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Let's hear your picks for this weekend and why you are picking them.

Chiefs @ Colts.

I like the Cheifs in this one. The colts run defense can't stop LJ and the Chiefs have a decent pass rush to get to Manning.

Jets @ Pats.

I like the Jets in this one. Last time they played Brady took a beating. Dillon has trouble holding on to the ball and the Pats don't have the playmakers this year. Plus I would love to see if Belichick would snub Mangini again.

Cowboys @ Seahawks.

Dallas is so up and down even with Romo. Seattle has the better run game with Alexander starting to come around. Dallas secondary is also very questionable. I'm going with the Hawks.

Giants @ Eagles.

The G-Men are the worst team in the playoffs. Manning, Shockey, Burress & Caughlin are all head cases. Feel sorry for Barber. Eagles in a blowout.

Medford Bronco
01-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Let's hear your picks for this weekend and why you are picking them.

Chiefs @ Colts.

I like the Cheifs in this one. The colts run defense can't stop LJ and the Chiefs have a decent pass rush to get to Manning.

Jets @ Pats.

I like the Jets in this one. Last time they played Brady took a beating. Dillon has trouble holding on to the ball and the Pats don't have the playmakers this year. Plus I would love to see if Belichick would snub Mangini again.

Cowboys @ Seahawks.

Dallas is so up and down even with Romo. Seattle has the better run game with Alexander starting to come around. Dallas secondary is also very questionable. I'm going with the Hawks.

Giants @ Eagles.

The G-Men are the worst team in the playoffs. Manning, Shockey, Burress & Caughlin are all head cases. Feel sorry for Barber. Eagles in a blowout.

Colts 38 KC 35 Too much Manning in this one
Pats 23 Jets 10 Pats are simple better. I see Pennington struggling in this affair
Sea 21 Dall 17 Sea has a bit of a better defense and homefield. Dall has struggled lately

Philly 30 NYG 20 Philly more consistent. Does not have trouble makers on their team like Burress and Shockey

saltybuggah
01-05-2007, 04:10 PM
chiefs 21 colts 28 -- colts offense will pull it off this week
jets 13 pats 23 -- girlfriends a pats fan and brady will find a way
cowboys 21 seattle 20 -- to will have a big impact
giants 99 eagles 0 -- i live in pa and hate the eagles

Anikai
01-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Jets win....
Cowboys win....
Chiefs win....
Giants loose....

DenveRelentless
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I posted this elsewhere, but I am too tired to retype something new and thought provoking...

My picks are:

Indy over KC, 34 - 21. LJ is going to have a great game, scoring 3 rushing TDs, going off for 175+ yards. HOWEVER KC's poor D is going to allow Manning to pass for 350 yards and 4 TDs. The good news for KC is that they will hold the Colts twice to FG's.

JETS over PATS, 24 - 21. In this divisional grudge match, the PATS will have an oppertunity to win, only to see their season fall short on a missed FG. Seizing this oppertunity, the JETS will manage a mediocre drive and in the last seconds will pull out the win.

Eagles over Giants 31-16. This game will not even be close. The Red Hot Eagles will serriously trounce the down and out Giants. Poor Eli will bear the brunt of the after game abuse, seeing as he will throw 3 picks and lose 1 fumble. Burress and Shockey will refuse to leave the locker room after halftime, citing preperations for their "Fire Coughlin Now!" campaign.

Seahawks over 'Boys, 27 - 17. The Boys will put up a good fight, until Romo sees a tabloid cover showing Jessica Simpson and John Mayer hooking up. TO will behave as normal, so expect to see his repeated bid to replace Lance Armstrong as Team Discovery's next big name racer.

Nick7
01-06-2007, 01:10 AM
I think the Cowboys are gonna win...

You heard it here first.

jcdavey
01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
colts
pats
cowboys
eagles

i'm going conservative for the most part

AlWilsonizKING
01-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Colts....though I hate to pick 'em.

Pat's....again, though I hate to pick 'em.

Seahawks....Good 'ol AFC West cellar-dwellars.

Eagles....Giants just don't show me nothin'

PEACE!!!

LbloodOjunkieG
01-06-2007, 03:15 AM
I think the Cowboys are gonna win...

Ditto.......

I also have Indy over the Chiefs,
New England over the Jets
and the Giants over the Eagles.

BroncoForLife27
01-06-2007, 03:38 AM
Chiefs @ Colts- I see the Chiefs winning in this one. Not the way you would expect though. I honestly think that the Colts will control Larry Johnson, because everybody knows the gameplan for KC is run the football and Indi will do everything in there power to stop that. I see 9 men in the box most plays. LJ will still go for over 100 yards but his average will be about 3.8 yards per carry. Indianapolis is getting hard hitting safety Bob Sanders back as well. In the end, it will be a close game all the way to the end, but look for the X-Factor, Dante Hall, to give the Chiefs a game winning Touchdown in the fourth quarter.

Jets @ Pats- Both games during the regular season were very exciting and fun to watch. Although the Patriots are clearly the better team, the Jets match up well with them. I don't think the Jet's conservative offense will be enough in this one, and Bill will bring out all the stops. Look for him to work his coaching magic in this game, and the Patriots will win by more than you think.

Giants @ Eagles- I don't think the Giants deserved to get into the playoffs this year, not with their play or attitude towards eachother. The Eagles are going to blow out the Giants easily, unless Tiki Barber has something to say about it.

Seahawks @ Cowboys- Both teams coming in off of 3 losses in the last 4 games. Coach Mike Holmgren really paid the price for that one win last week, playing all of his starters in a meaningless game. Herndon and Jennings both were injured during the game, leaving them with only 1 of their top 4 CB's for this weekend's game. Look for Romo to expose them early and often, the backfield wont be able to keep up with TO and Glenn. If the Seahawks have to give help to their corners by rolling over the safties, Witten will torch them in the middle. Romo will make his mistakes, but the Boys will come out on top in this one.

Sonic Raider
01-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Colts
I don't know about Kansas City's defense but I know Indy's run defense is pisspoor. However, the Colts are at home & Indianapolis has a better offense than the Chiefs

Pick: Indianapolis Colts

Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks
Both teams have been struggling as of late. At least Seattle has been keeping games close, the games Dallas has been losing have been one-sided (except for the Lions game). Besides, the 12th Man in Seattle will be too much for Tony Romo & the Cowboys to handle

Pick: Seattle Seahawks

New York Jets vs. New England Patriots
The rubber matchup between 2 AFC East division rivals. Both teams split the season series & this game in New England will decide who has the last laugh in this rivalry for this season. Eric Mangini has brought the Jets back into the fold, but the Patriots are still an excellent team. However, Eric Mangini will keep this game close & maybe...just maybe...he'll pull it off.

Pick: New York Jets

New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles
The rubber matchup between 2 NFC East division rivals. Both teams split the season series & this game in Philadelphia Eagles will decide who has the last laugh in this rivalry for the season. The New York Giants have been one of the coldest teams in the league while the Philadelphia Eagle have been, arguably, the hottest team in the league. When McNabb went down for the season, it seemed like they have fallen off the face of the NFL, but Jeff Garcia & the defense have been bringing the Eagles back from the dead & taking flight once again.

Pick: Philadelphia Eagles

DEN_BOWL_06
01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
NE and giants will win today's game..