PDA

View Full Version : Daryll Jackson as a wide out..

ReleaseTheBeast7
03-08-2004, 05:01 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17_2712193,00.html

read article

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by tahuya man
Seattle is going to match any offer made to Jackson unless it's an outrageous number.

Really, that's interesting considering he's an UFA.

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Seattle still has right of first refusal. Check it out. According to the Seattle Seahawks web site, they have the right to match any offer made to Jackson berfore he signs with another team.

Not saying you are wrong, but I was just on the site and I didn't see anything. You got a direct link?

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Seattle still has right of first refusal. Check it out. According to the Seattle Seahawks web site, they have the right to match any offer made to Jackson berfore he signs with another team.

Not saying you are wrong, but I was just on the site and I didn't see anything. You got a direct link?

O&B_Forever
03-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I'd like to see us get him and still draft Clayton or Woods in the first round. That would give us four options at WR, which, with Smith getting up in age would set us up handsomely for the next six or so years. We would also have good trade material into 2 years ala Portis. That would take a weakness and turn into a strength.

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by O&B_Forever
I'd like to see us get him and still draft Clayton or Woods in the first round. That would give us four options at WR, which, with Smith getting up in age would set us up handsomely for the next six or so years. We would also have good trade material into 2 years ala Portis. That would take a weakness and turn into a strength.

I too would like to have D-Jack, but if we sign him do we need to draft a WR in the 1st Round? Could we wait until Round 2 and get Watson and a WR? Just a thought.

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by PortisIsAStud26
u made it twice

Yea my bad.

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by PortisIsAStud26
the offer to him wont be that bigg...he has never been a momoney bound guy....like a few guys i no and its darrell to who ever made the thread

Oh I know D-Jack isn't a me first type of guy, I never said he was. I don't know for sure, but I don't think he would ask the Broncos to break the bank. The post you quoted was directed as tahuyaman's post.

vicious2500
03-08-2004, 09:41 PM
If Jackson comes to terms with the broncos that pushes our need of a WR in the 1st round back to maybe say the 2nd round if we want stellar at least. By getting Jackson we can get Troupe in the 1st round for sure and not have to worry about a TE that will step up if sharpe leaves or challenge Carswell for his 2nd TE spot if Shapre comes back. Looking into Jackson is good but money is an issue, I think gold should get it personally since we're going defensive this year we can get back cole and let those rookies duke it out.

Jarious17
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM

Jackson is an unrestricted free agent, which means any team can sign him. Seattle would not have the right to match any offer he signs, and they would not receive any draft compensation.

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Jarious17
Jackson is an unrestricted free agent, which means any team can sign him. Seattle would not have the right to match any offer he signs, and they would not receive any draft compensation.

That's what I said but he said something about a story on the Seahawks website that said they had right to first refusal, which I couldn't find.

rcsodak
03-08-2004, 10:26 PM
D-Jax has had a propensity to get hurt. Bothersome!
Pegged as the 2nd best FA.
Smith, Jax & Lelie.......interesting!
Cole is gone. He won't be re-signed - IMO!

Just read that Minn. is $31.5M under the cap! OMFG!

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
D-Jax has had a propensity to get hurt. Bothersome!
Pegged as the 2nd best FA.
Smith, Jax & Lelie.......interesting!
Cole is gone. He won't be re-signed - IMO!

Just read that Minn. is $31.5M under the cap! OMFG!

He has had his share of injuries and he also has dropped his share of passes. Maybe they will use that as a negotiating tool. When Rod does retire that would leave us with D-Jack and Lelie along with Madise and whomever else. That doesn't sound bad.

rcsodak
03-08-2004, 10:44 PM
...got goose pimples the size of golf balls.....:D

Denver is $8+ under in cap. Plenty of room to sign him and more. Will be interesting to see....

DPg2003
03-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
...got goose pimples the size of golf balls.....:D

Denver is $8+ under in cap. Plenty of room to sign him and more. Will be interesting to see....

If we get him and Gold before the Draft do you think we still will draft a WR in Round 1?

rcsodak
03-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DPg2003
If we get him and Gold before the Draft do you think we still will draft a WR in Round 1?

If that happens, I see defense. Either DE, LB or S. IMO
If not, then TE.
Hell, punter????:D

mikeyrow
03-09-2004, 12:17 AM
If the Broncos could get either of theses UFA for a 4+ year deal averaging ~ 3mill it would be a no-brainer.
Darrell Jackson
Dez White

I don't think either are worth Rod Smith numbers, but incentive deals are good. (100 catch, 1000 yd?) I don't think we could promise a starting spot which could make that hard to swallow.

I read the draft has 10 WR's who rate better than the top 3 from last year, so a WR with the #2 from Wash is a good possibility. Troupe could be taken if avail at our #1.

Cugel
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I'll say it again: Shanahan will probably draft a lineman if a good one is available. If not, then TE is a good bet (I hope because some VERY good ones should be available). If not, then LB would be good too. With three picks in the first 2 rounds we should be able to get some VERY good players, if this draft is as deep as it seems.

rcsodak
03-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Cugel
I'll say it again: Shanahan will probably draft a lineman if a good one is available. If not, then TE is a good bet (I hope because some VERY good ones should be available). If not, then LB would be good too. With three picks in the first 2 rounds we should be able to get some VERY good players, if this draft is as deep as it seems.

You talkin O lineman or Dlineman? O linemen in later rounds, but D lineman in first 3 picks, IMO.