PDA

View Full Version : Patriots @ Chargers AFC Divisional Playoffs Gameday Thread

CaribouRanch
01-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Hi, and a Happy New Year to everyone! :) New England Patriots play the 2006 AFC West Division Champion Chargers in an AFC Divisional Playoff game in San Diego today. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will announce the game commentary for the NFL On CBS, with KCNC Channel 4 in Denver televising the game live on CBS-HD. Kickoff from Qualcomm Stadium will be right after 2:30PM Mountain Standard Time. Here is also the Patriots/Chargers live online gametracker from nfl.com. ;)

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20070114_NE@SD

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
GOOOO Patriots!

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
I feel the Chargers are the best and most complete football team the tandem of Brady and Belichick have ever faced, even better than the Rams and 2004 Steelers.

One could argue the Patriots are the best and most complete football team that Rivers and Marty have ever faced as well.

Anybody want to argue that point?

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 09:46 AM
I feel the Chargers are the best and most complete football team the tandem of Brady and Belichick have ever faced, even better than the Rams and 2004 Steelers.

One could argue the Patriots are the best and most complete football team that Rivers and Marty have ever faced as well.

Anybody want to argue that point?

With Harrison out, an injured/old LB corp, and a similarly slipshod receiver corp, I'd say the Patriots, while good, are far from complete.

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 10:05 AM
With Harrison out, an injured/old LB corp, and a similarly slipshod receiver corp, I'd say the Patriots, while good, are far from complete.

2nd in the league in defense.
Top 5 in Red zone offense and defense
A dominating front three
A two headed monster at RB
The Best QB in the league
The best coach in the league
Asante Samuel's 11 picks
7-1 on the road

Who have the Chargers played this year that's more complete than that?

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 10:13 AM
On Sunday countdown, (i don't know the history of the two teams head to head) they showed the Chargers owning the Patriots. But if Belichick is this real genuis then he should be able to outsmart Marty and take LT out of the game and keep Rivers off his game! LT and Brady are the keys to this game, take one out of his game and the team will struggle! Lets hope LT struggles!

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
2nd in the league in defense.
Top 5 in Red zone offense and defense
A dominating front three
A two headed monster at RB
The Best QB in the league
The best coach in the league
Asante Samuel's 11 picks
7-1 on the road

Who have the Chargers played this year that's more complete than that?

Let's look at what you said:

Rams and 2004 Steelers.

best and most complete football team that Rivers and Marty have ever faced

To me, those examples imply opponents extending beyond this year, and I'm not looking at the stats exactly, but I'm sure there was atleast 2 teams the chargers have faced better than this year's patriots.

I'm pointing out the Pat's flaws, nothing more. And how they aren't exactly a complete team.

They are probably one of, if not the best they faced this year, but the Chargers, like the Patriots have played a bunch of fruits, exaggerating the statistics on both sides a little.

Both however, have typically stepped up their play against tough oppoents, so this should be a good game regardless.

Good luck to the Pats. :salute:

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 10:15 AM
On Sunday countdown, (i don't know the history of the two teams head to head) they showed the Chargers owning the Patriots. But if Belichick is this real genuis then he should be able to outsmart Marty and take LT out of the game and keep Rivers off his game! LT and Brady are the keys to this game, take one out of his game and the team will struggle! Lets hope LT struggles!

I believe the Pats are 10-2 the last 12 times they faced the Chargers or something...

UnderArmour
01-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Shotty hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. Brady and Belichick know what it takes to win, therefore they will dominate the Chargers today.

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I believe the Pats are 10-2 the last 12 times they faced the Chargers or something...

Hmmm...!! ESPN acted like the Pats couldn't handle LT and the Chargers. Maybe it was just they couldn't handle LT because he's only been around for 3years maybe! I guess I'll find out in a few hours!!

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Hmmm...!! ESPN acted like the Pats couldn't handle LT and the Chargers. Maybe it was just they couldn't handle LT because he's only been around for 3years maybe! I guess I'll find out in a few hours!!

They've also had specials on how Tomlinson always has good games against the Pats.

He probably will again, but the Chargers have blown for years, and the Pats have been at the top for years.

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Let's look at what you said:

To me, those examples imply opponents extending beyond this year, and I'm not looking at the stats exactly, but I'm sure there was atleast 2 teams the chargers have faced better than this year's patriots.

I'm pointing out the Pat's flaws, nothing more. And how they aren't exactly a complete team.

They are probably one of, if not the best they faced this year, but the Chargers, like the Patriots have played a bunch of fruits, exaggerating the statistics on both sides a little.

Both however, have typically stepped up their play against tough oppoents, so this should be a good game regardless.

Good luck to the Pats. :salute:

That's fine. But I was never trying to say the Patriots were a complete team. I was simply saying they're the most complete team SD will face this year.

Their D is on par w/ Baltimore but their offense is better than Baltimore's and the ravens were the most complete team SD has faced thus far.

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 10:51 AM
They've also had specials on how Tomlinson always has good games against the Pats.

He probably will again, but the Chargers have blown for years, and the Pats have been at the top for years.

True, but LT's best games against the Pats were against a defense that featured Mony Beisel, Chad Brown & Duane Starks.

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 10:54 AM
That's fine. But I was never trying to say the Patriots were a complete team. I was simply saying they're the most complete team SD will face this year.

Their D is on par w/ Baltimore but their offense is better than Baltimore's and the ravens were the most complete team SD has faced thus far.

It's not so much better, as it is inconsistant.

The Ravens have better weapons.

Clayton + Mason + D Williams > um.... troy Brown? Chad Jackson? Caldwell? Gaffney?

Heap > Watson or Graham, and Dan Wilcox isn't as good as them, but not too bad either.

on the other hand...

Pats O-line > Balt O-line

Brady > McNair

The Baltimore Defense is better by another tier due to their consistant ability to rush the passer on almost every play. They pressure Manning the most he has been all year. Not sacks, but tons of hurries and 2 ints, 2 should-been ints.

I think that the case, for this year, could be the pats and Chargers are the two most complete teams each are facing this year (each other).

Few teams are complete, but these two could be made to be the most complete.

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Personally, I think Phillip Rivers is the key factor in today's game.

If he can stay mistake free, I see the Chargers winning this one. He just needs to manage the game.

If he makes mistakes typical of a young QB, which he has done, the Patriots WILL capitalize and the Pats will likely win.

JMHO.

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm counting on Rivers to play like a young QB and the mental pressure will get to him causing him to make mistakes but I think LT will be the X factor for SD.

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Personally, I think Phillip Rivers is the key factor in today's game.

If he can stay mistake free, I see the Chargers winning this one. He just needs to manage the game.

If he makes mistakes typical of a young QB, which he has done, the Patriots WILL capitalize and the Pats will likely win.

JMHO.

True. Another key factor is red zone D. Both team's offenses are tough in the Red Zone but SD's defense is only 29th while the Pats red zone D is in the top 5.

The Pats have to contain LT in the zone and force more FG's than SD would like.

RunYouOver
01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

PatsCrowEater
01-14-2007, 01:03 PM
GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

You're rooting for the Chargers? I heard there's a few MLB players rooting for them too, guys like Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Rafael Palmeiro, Felix Heredia and Jason Grimsley.

RunYouOver
01-14-2007, 01:06 PM
You're rooting for the Chargers? I heard there's a few MLB players rooting for them too, guys like Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Rafael Palmeiro, Felix Heredia and Jason Grimsley.

I know what you're trying to do. :P

Sammy Sosa's not watching?

Then it must be ok ;)

By the way, as I mentioned before....I hope Merrimen and Castillo both miss their ride to the stadium and can't play. And I hope their backups have record setting days :P

It's not because of you that I'm not rooting for the Pats...and I hope the Colts crush the Chargers next week....but its because of so many annoying Bandwagon Patriot fans that I know.

I'd like to see them lose :)

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I really really want to see SD lose whether it's this week or the next. My entire aim through this entire playoff run to the SB is to see the Chargers take a nose dive.

There's nothing worse then seeing a promising season fall far short of your expectations. I mean everyone of the Denver faithful this year knows that feeling.

I just want reciprocate that feelign to San D fans :P

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Big game coming in a few minutes. Looking forward to it! Last weekend of a two day football extravaganza. So sad to see Sundays become nothing more then a countdown to Monday when everything ends, but if you ask me, this is the most exciting weekend of football every year, Division Champion week!

gindaorshaman
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Im rooting for the Chargers as well. Im sick of seeing the Patriots everywhere.

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Brady is ****ing blessed....

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 03:08 PM
sauerbrun just kicked a 56 yard punt from inside his own 10 yard line... i want him back

Lorcust
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Chargers suck... chokenheimers...

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Vrabel just did Shawn's Steroid dance. That was funny

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
1st down pats at last! Drive it all the way...

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:24 PM
That was a decent drive.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:31 PM
That was a huge tackle by Vrabel on L.T.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
That was a huge tackle by Vrabel on L.T.

Agreed, if he didn't make that tackle he would have gone for an easy 15, maybe 20 - 30 yards knowing LT.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:41 PM
So far Vrabel is having a big game.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:44 PM
So far Vrabel is having a big game.

Yeah, but it seems Gates and WR's of SD are doing a lot of what they shouldn't be doing.

Bruschi has been playing fairly well, but he's been doing to much of that spinning crap. He's much better on a bull rush....

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
That's a horrible call. Gates lost that ball.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but it seems Gates and WR's of SD are doing a lot of what they shouldn't be doing.

Bruschi has been playing fairly well, but he's been doing to much of that spinning crap. He's much better on a bull rush....

Yeah I notice Teddy getting stuffed alot

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Not a chance. The only reason it ever looked like he could have had possession was that they slowed it down so much on the replay.

But it looked like Gates was about to reach out with the ball which I think would be considered a football move.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Not a chance. The only reason it ever looked like he could have had possession was that they slowed it down so much on the replay.

I disagree. Whenever a player wraps both hands around the football I consider it possession. Obviously the rule book says that he has to go to the ground for it to be considered a catch if no football move is made, but he had possession IMO and lost it.

But then, my desire to watch SD lose is well documented and my opinion is hardly objective...

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Brady threw that right to Edwards.... bad bad read...

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Huge blitz by Hawkins

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Brady threw that right to Edwards.... bad bad read...

Yeah Brady never looked Edwards off the Tightend

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Huge blitz by Hawkins

Agreed, I love watching Rivers get blind sided. I wanna get a animated gif of that hit :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I think (and I could be wrong) that a football move is determined by the movement of the feet.

I see what you are saying. I'm going to search around for some more info on that rule.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
An 8.9 rating for Brady. Personally, I think that's fantastic. :D

lol..You know what is really a killer in that stadium is the sun on the vistor side. I went to the Denver vs San Diego game in Dec and the sun is brutal..I think the sun is playing a part also.

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I guess Belichick and Brady aren't the masterminds, they were out to be. Now i'm going have to root for the Colts! Thanks alot NE! (I know there's another half but I would beat my house NE will not comeback!)

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:15 PM
SM19 I found this on Football Insiders.

In this case, there is a specific ruling governing when a pass becomes completion if the receiver is in the process of being tackled when he makes possession. The rule is that if a receiver is being tackled while establishing possession, if he does not maintain possession until he he is downed, it is an incompletion.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 04:19 PM
TD PATS!!!!!!!! That's the way to end a half!

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow. What poise for Brady on the TD throw

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
TD PATS!!!!!!!! That's the way to end a half!

Yeah that was a nice drive. Good clock management.

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Brady and co couldn't capitalize on the first possession of the second half! Pathetic! NE is on the downhill slide! I guess I''ll watch a movie with the family!

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Man the Chargers WR's are not helping Rivers out at all. How many drops is that now?

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Man the Chargers WR's are not helping Rivers out at all. How many drops is that now?

More then SD wants, that's for sure.

That's been a problem through the season, though through this latter half, they have been improving on their catches vs drops. However SD arguably has one of the worst WR cores in the AFC.

It will be a big issue for the Chargers through the offseason, and like KC did last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see two 1st day picks used on WR by San Diego in this years draft.

That or they will grab someone in FA, but that's unlikely IMO, they don't have that much cap space.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:53 PM
More then SD wants, that's for sure.

That's been a problem through the season, though through this latter half, they have been improving on their catches vs drops. However SD arguably has one of the worst WR cores in the AFC.

It will be a big issue for the Chargers through the offseason, and like KC did last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see two 1st day picks used on WR by San Diego in this years draft.

That or they will grab someone in FA, but that's unlikely IMO, they don't have that much cap space.

Yeah San Diego has some work to do when the off season arrives. I think they will have a hard time getting Turner to stay. Turner could easily start for a team. Speaking of WR they haven't mentioned McCardell at all.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah San Diego has some work to do when the off season arrives. I think they will have a hard time getting Turner to stay. Turner could easily start for a team. Speaking of WR they haven't mentioned McCardell at all.

He's lost a lot of speed, he's 37 I think.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 04:56 PM
He's lost a lot of speed, he's 37 I think.

Yeah your right I just looked up his bio. Born: 01/06/1970

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 04:58 PM
That was a great play by Osgood, could mean a lot on this drive if the pats get stopped near the 50.....

20 yards is a big difference.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:00 PM
That was a great play by Osgood, could mean a lot on this drive if the pats get stopped near the 50.....

20 yards is a big difference.

Yeah we need Special Team play like that.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah we need Special Team play like that.

Agreed, a big sore spot for Bronco fans and the organization this year.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Well.... that's one way for the Pat's to get into scoring range. :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Well.... that's one way for the Pat's to get into scoring range. :D

lol..Brady is off today

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:07 PM
lol..Brady is off today

Agreed, most of his passes are off or have to much/to little on them.

He's not playing to his potential right now.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
It's funny we were talking about McCardell before look at Troy Brown having a good game. He is 36..

BaileyTheBest
01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Florence you dumbass.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Florence you dumbass.

I thought the refs were going to call him for taunting. But just gave him a personnal

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:12 PM
It's funny we were talking about McCardell before look at Troy Brown having a good game. He is 36..

Yeah but one year makes a big difference :D. Look at Rod Smith, he's 36 :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah but one year makes a big difference :D. Look at Rod Smith, he's 36 :D

lol.. Very true

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
This game is going to go down to the wire I think.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
This game is going to go down to the wire I think.

I hope so, that means the PAt's will have a chance to win it.

Personally I gave them a small chance of beating the Chargers despite my deep desire to see exactly that.

I personally want to see more runs against this SD defense now that the pass has been established. We're seeing a little of that, but this SD Defense is running high. Gotta take some energy out of them IMO...

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:26 PM
I hope so, that means the PAt's will have a chance to win it.

Personally I gave them a small chance of beating the Chargers despite my deep desire to see exactly that.

I personally want to see more runs against this SD defense now that the pass has been established. We're seeing a little of that, but this SD Defense is running high. Gotta take some energy out of them IMO...

I saw before the Chargers were wrapping Phillips hamstring and Merriman was out but he just came back in. I hate both these teams but I want to see the Pats end the Chargers season.

DBfan187
01-14-2007, 05:26 PM
go Pats! :rockon:

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I saw before the Chargers were wrapping Phillips hamstring and Merriman was out but he just came back in. I hate both these teams but I want to see the Pats end the Chargers season.

So would I, plus seeing another AFC championship game between the Colts and Patriots would be fun to watch. Though I think SD and Colts will be a better game.

I'm with you though. I don't root for the Pat's or Colt's ever, but the playoffs are a special occassion, especially when a Division rival is riding so high.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
go Pats! :rockon:

I'm with ya on that one.. :beer:

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Ouch :hurt:

BroncoKazuki
01-14-2007, 05:39 PM
21 to 13 SD winning.

8 mins left in the game. at least its not boring. Seeing Brady picked off is always a (+) in my book :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM
21 to 13 SD winning.

8 mins left in the game. at least its not boring. Seeing Brady picked off is always a (+) in my book :D

Yeah the game is entertaining but with 8 mins left that is to much time to give Brady to answer.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah the game is entertaining but with 8 mins left that is to much time to give Brady to answer.

Against this SD defense.... who knows....

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Wow. What a pass..Gaffney has great hands

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow. What a pass..Gaffney has great hands

Yeah agreed, he recovered well from his slip up to.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
This game is getting nutzzz. Stupid challenge Marty

BaileyTheBest
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
The Chargers have shot themselves in the foot so many times today that they are now having to shoot themselves in the leg because their feet are gone.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 05:48 PM
rofl. way to go mcree, you dumbass. all you had to do was knock the ball down. or at least catch it and NOT fumble. but instead, you give patriots a first down instead of failing a fourth down conversion. that is too funny :laugh:

BroncoKazuki
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
the reason the chargers should win agenst NE and Indy.

1. Put the roadblock in Manning that he will never win a SB and is doomed to be in and exit the playoffs without touching the grail.

2. Put the Brady Bunch in their place as not a Dynasty team.

3. Chargers loose in the SB and it becomes a detrimental psycological crush for them. If they cant get it this year they are better off not trying for the years to come. :cheers:

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
The Chargers have shot themselves in the foot so many times today that they are now having to shoot themselves in the leg because their feet are gone.

lol..That's funny.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:53 PM
the reason the chargers should win agenst NE and Indy.

1. Put the roadblock in Manning that he will never win a SB and is doomed to be in and exit the playoffs without touching the grail.

2. Put the Brady Bunch in their place as not a Dynasty team.

3. Chargers loose in the SB and it becomes a detrimental psycological crush for them. If they cant get it this year they are better off not trying for the years to come. :cheers:

Reasons why the Chargers shoudl lose to either the Pats or the Colts.

1. SD beat hte Broncos twice this year.

2. They are a Division enemy, no scratch that, a division rival.

3. Winning a Super Bowl could propell SD to Dynasty status.

4. The AFC will win the SB whoever goes IMO.

5. I hate the Charges/Chiefs/ And especially the Raiders.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
yay. well played, chaps :clap:

BroncoKazuki
01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Reasons why the Chargers shoudl lose to either the Pats or the Colts.

1. SD beat hte Broncos twice this year.

2. They area Division enemy, no scratch that, a division rival.

3. Winning a Super Bowl could propell SD to Dynasty status.

4. The AFC will win the SB whoever goes IMO.

5. I hate the Charges/Chiefs/ And especially the Raiders.

The quest is who is the lesser of 2 evils,

I really dont want Manning and Co to win, Same with the Brady Bunch and Shean and his Merry men to win either. I hope they all have a crushing defeat to AFC team this year.

Firstwave64
01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
damn they got fooled lol

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:56 PM
After that 2 point conversion It sounded like there are alot of Pats fans there. Didn't the Chargers although we all know how many bandwagon fans the chargers have so I wouldn't doubt alot of Pat fans bought up alot of tickets.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 05:57 PM
The quest is who is the lesser of 2 evils,

I really dont want Manning and Co to win, Same with the Brady Bunch and Shean and his Merry men to win either. I hope they all have a crushing defeat to AFC team this year.

Anyone in our division is the greater of the evils in my opinion always :D. RAther have the Colts win then the Chargers, especially since we dont have to ever play the Colts twice in one season...

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone in our division is the greater of the evils in my opinion always :D. RAther have the Colts win then the Chargers, especially since we dont have to ever play the Colts twice in one season...

yeah I second that. You don't want to see your division foe win the Superbowl.

TheMastermind
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
lol.....if the chargers lose this one.....

it will be very fitting for Marty.....with that interception fumble thing haha :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
The Pats better make sure they do what they have to do in order to resign Samuel. That guy is clutch.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
The Pats better make sure they do what they have to do in order to resign Samuel. That guy is clutch.

They will, they have tons of cap room with the loss of Branch.

They better make this 3rd and 10 to... clutch.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Huge Play Pats!!!!!!

Chew that clock now.

Firstwave64
01-14-2007, 06:07 PM
lol i can't believe this ..

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Huge Play Pats!!!!!!

Chew that clock now.

You were right 3 and 10 clutch. Nice throw

watchthemiddle
01-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Marty is starting to grip a little harder. His neck vains are about to go BOOM!!!

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:09 PM
lol i can't believe this ..

I can. Brady is the best Playoff QB of this era.

LoyalSoldier
01-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I can. Brady is the best Playoff QB of this era.

The chargers did help them. They had several idiotic fouls at bad times.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:11 PM
You know the best thing that could happen about the Pats beating the Chargers is that

1. Marty gets fired
2. Chargers Offensive Cord now has the time to start interviewing for a Head Coaching job
3. Leaving the Chargers in a tuff spot for next year.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
A lot of time left on that clock....

To much. Game is far from over.

BaileyTheBest
01-14-2007, 06:13 PM
If NE wins, what % of the time do you think ESPN will spend talking about Manning/Brady this week? I put the over/under at 75%.

Firstwave64
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
70 sec with no timeouts it going to be interesting

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
You know the best thing that could happen about the Pats beating the Chargers is that

1. Marty gets fired
2. Chargers Offensive Cord now has the time to start interviewing for a Head Coaching job
3. Leaving the Chargers in a tuff spot for next year.

1. I don't think Marty will be fired after this year, or for many after that. Just my opinion.

2. See #1 :P

3. To much game left..... gotta hope the are left in that spot. Nothing to show for this season but good develpoment for the defense and a bad draft spot.

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:16 PM
If NE wins, what % of the time do you think ESPN will spend talking about Manning/Brady this week? I put the over/under at 75%.

I don't know it can't be any worse then how much they loved talking about T.O.

Firstwave64
01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
game over CHARGERS LOSE

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...lol

BroncoAdam
01-14-2007, 06:18 PM
marty! Marty! Marty! Lolzlolzlolz

DBfan187
Marty's curse is for REAL! :D

:rockon:

DrunkPanda
WHOOOOOOOOOOO! i wouldn't have the game end any other way. this was the dream way i wanted the chargers to lose. a chance to put away the game on new england's fourth down attempt and they screw it up, beautiful :)

Firstwave64
01-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Marty can't win nothing p

watchthemiddle
01-14-2007, 06:20 PM
LT is fired up!!

He doesn't want to shake anyones hand.

That surprises me... I thought he was a class act.

XXXII XXXIII
I'm so happy the Chargers lost. :P :D :rockon: ;)

BigBroncLove
Woohhooooooo!!!!! 100% on all my playoff picks since wildcard week on!!!

Best Bronco present of the year, right after the missed xtra point against Cinci.....

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

BroncoKazuki
:goofy: Oh god... Its Armageddon.... Manning vs Brady.... oh well chokenhimer strikes again.

At this point im rootin for indy now, please for the love of god Manning send brady home packin.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
After that 2 point conversion It sounded like there are alot of Pats fans there. Didn't the Chargers although we all know how many bandwagon fans the chargers have so I wouldn't doubt alot of Pat fans bought up alot of tickets.
no, you're wrong. those patriot fans were chargers fans at the beginning of the game. then it looked like the patriots were going to win, so then they started cheering when the patriots did well

BaileyTheBest
LT is fired up!!

He is very much a class act. He is just pissed about how the pats rubbed it in after than missed FG.

Hypnotic
WHOOOOOOOOOOO! i wouldn't have the game end any other way. this was the dream way i wanted the chargers to lose. a chance to put away the game on new england's fourth down attempt and they screw it up, beautiful :)

Now we'll see if the Charger fans show up in the smack forum. I smell the crow on the table

watchthemiddle
01-14-2007, 06:22 PM
He is very much a class act. He is just pissed about how the pats rubbed it in after than missed FG.

I know....it just surprised me...I would be upset also and not want to shake their hands either.

aberdien
Go Colts.

-

Hypnotic

Yeah L.T. is a class act. I would be pissed also if the Pats were over celebrating.

Chidoze
Did you guys see LT storming the field after the Pats won? He looked pissed that N.E. had that little extra celebration on the chargers field. Never seen him lose his cool like that....:eek:

snowspot66

Cheering because you pulled a win out of the fire is rubbing it in? No, no. He's pissed because he's the only guy that executed well all day and the chuggers blew it big time.

watchthemiddle
Now we'll see if the Charger fans show up in the smack forum. I smell the crow on the table

I would rather deal with Charger fans then Pansy fans. Why they would come on here instead of a Charger site is a mystery to me, but for some reason they do.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 06:23 PM
LT is fired up!!

everyone's a class act when they are winning. except for rivers. i can't stand that guy

Spyder
01-14-2007, 06:24 PM
everyone's a class act when they are winning. except for rivers. i can't stand that guy

Exactly! Everyone's a good sport when they're winning.. and a bad sport when they're losing. Part of the game.

Hypnotic
Go Colts.

-

Yeah I won't mind watching Mr.Potatoe Head win a Superbowl this year.

BaileyTheBest
I know....it just surprised me...I would be upset also and not want to shake their hands either.

He ought to be pissed off at his defense for committing boneheaded penalties and being dumb enough to pick it off on 4th down. I am pissed at the result of this game because I really don't want to hear all the Manning/Brady hype and those are the last 2 guys I want to see in the SB. God I hope the winner of the Saints/Bears game wins the SB.

BigBroncLove

I agree. Rivers is way to cocky, especially for what he has accomplished thus far in his career.

watchthemiddle
01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeah I won't mind watching Mr.Potatoe Head win a Superbowl this year.

Its not going to happen....Manning is going to have to go into Foxboro and try to win....we all know what the outcomes gonna be once again.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:25 PM
He ought to be pissed off at his defense for committing boneheaded penalties and being dumb enough to pick it off on 4th down. I am pissed at the result of this game because I really don't want to hear all the Manning/Brady hype and those are the last 2 guys I want to see in the SB. God I hope the winner of the Saints/Bears game wins the SB.

I loved every second of watching SD lose!!!!

Spyder
01-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Its not going to happen....Manning is going to have to go into Foxboro and try to win....we all know what the outcomes gonna be once again.

The game is actually in Indy..

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Nope, other wya around. Brady has to go to the RCA dome.

BaileyTheBest
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM

Sorry, I just can't excited about seeing Tom Brady win in the playoffs. I would rather the Chargers have won.

Spyder
01-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Bwhahaha, I'm with you man. :D

Hypnotic
01-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Me too . I have such a big grin :D right now.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
this game ranks just slightly below a broncos playoff win on the awesome meter :)

gindaorshaman
01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
:goofy: Oh god... Its Armageddon.... Manning vs Brady.... oh well chokenhimer strikes again.

At this point im rootin for indy now, please for the love of god Manning send brady home packin.

Im with you on this one.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I just can't excited about seeing Tom Brady win in the playoffs. I would rather the Chargers have won.

Not me for several reasons alreayd described in this thread.

1. SD winning a SB could propell them to a Dynasty team.

2. We Don't play the Colts/Pat's twice in a year evre, we do every year with SD.

3. The Superbowl becomes much more difficult to understand who wins. If New Orleans goes, I think they have a chance to beat both the Pat's/Colts. If Chicago goes, Colts will probably win, PAt's will probably lose. If the Chargers went to the playoffs, hands down San Diego IMO.

4. I love watching Division rivals lose.

Passepartout
01-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Chargers really should had thrown ten more yards
To give Kaeding like a forty-four yard FG and then spike the ball.
Because had they done that, Kaeding would have had a better shot!

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I gave up too easy BBL but I forgot I was dealing with Marty and I do say Brady and Belichick are clutch! Sorry Pats fans for giving up on your team!

:clap: :dance: :dance: :clap: Chokenheimer proved me right and way to go PATS!

JoRo
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Honestly I am glad LT said it. It isn't like he is wrong. Anyone remember what BB and Tommy boy looked like when we beat them in the reg season? Tom said the Fbomb on national tv and BB refused to shake hands and pouted.

They are whiners, and I dont blame LT for bein upset

broncos_mtnman
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Sorry, but when you go in front of the press and say "I'm a classy guy," you've already demonstrated that you aren't.

Classy would be to shake hands with the winners, or just walk away. But his behavior, along with his comment about how poor behavior probably comes from the head coach (later in the locker room) is pathetic.

Sorry, but LTs behavior doesn't even measure a 1 on the classy "meter."

Poor sport and a cry baby.

:sad: :sad:

Nomad Broncofan
01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry, but when you go in front of the press and say "I'm a classy guy," you've already demonstrated that you aren't.

Classy would be to shake hands with the winners, or just walk away. But his behavior, along with his comment about how poor behavior probably comes from the head coach (later in the locker room) is pathetic.

Sorry, but LTs behavior doesn't even measure a 1 on the classy "meter."

Poor sport and a cry baby.

:sad: :sad:

LT is trying to act like the victim and have the media be sympathetic for him! It seems to be working too at least on ESPN! The bigger man would have swallowed his pride, shook hands, and went to the locker room.

broncos_mtnman
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM
LT is trying to act like the victim and have the media be sympathetic for him! It seems to be working too at least on ESPN! The bigger man would have swallowed his pride, shook hands, and went to the locker room.

The media loves him, so he'll get a pass, but his behavior is everything but "classy."