PDA

View Full Version : Reunited...and it (might) feel soooo good...

bustemindamouth
03-09-2004, 12:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1750078

Plummer to Boston one more time???

Especially since we lost out on Garner AND Jackson!

TxBroncoFan
03-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one Busted. Besides...if his personality and work ethic were a problem in way-laid-back San Diego...how much of a problem would it be here in Denver.

We've had a "loner" type player in the locker room not too long ago...remember him? I think he had recently become umemployed...

bronco_head
03-09-2004, 01:51 PM
That would be great if he came to denver but he would have to change his ways,maybe with jake there that woul help things since they played togather.Might be to big of a risk to gamble on,and cost to much money.

muse
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Shanny won't take another chance on a disruptive attitude player. So Boston's a no-no.

bronco_head
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Seems like he does have a bad attitude your proably right.

bklynbronco
03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
he is definitely not a team player at least T.O. has some type of numbers to go with his attitude. boston hasn't done crap and he still had an attitude. plus SD gave him alot of money do we take on his contract and then he gets hurt like he always does?

AsianOrange
03-09-2004, 02:20 PM
I like the idea of having Boston...the guy is only 25 and talented....

And he's a HUGE target...why not?

DPg2003
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by AsianOrange
why not?

His contract.

Bailey24
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Boston is definetly a risk with his work ethic and attitude. You never know what a player will do when he switches teams, sometimes they totally change in a good way. But Shanny has had way to many risk players that have been busts, especially expensive ones which boston would be im sure. I say TAI STREETS or DEZ WHITE would be 100% better risks to take and their also very young and also very talented.

NZrichy
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by AsianOrange
why not?

Attitude man, a player like that could cause distruption in the locker room which hurts the team.

broncos_mtnman
03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by NZrichy
Attitude man, a player like that could cause distruption in the locker room which hurts the team.

ABSOLUTELY!! If we've learned anything with some of the players we've obtained that had reputations before they came here (Dale Carter, Darryl Gardner come to mind) it's that attitude is a disease and it's contagious.

Let the Raiders go after him....lol

Bailey24
03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
He's definetly a good player, He's just a risk with the problems that he's had, and with the price tag he will command i dont know if the risk is worth it. Shanny isn't the best at getting expensive guys that have some risk to them and coming out on the good side.

DPg2003
03-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
i like it dont listen to these crack pots say he isnt a good player....well he was jus in the wrong city i think....how bout a city a mile high>????

I think he's a good WR, but he just signed a HUGE contract with the Chargers last year. If the Broncos trade for him they will have to eat all of that contract.

CireZero
03-09-2004, 06:29 PM
The way i look at it is like this, by coming here he would be back with Plummer who he caught those 91 catches 2 years ago from, and i don't remember him having problems in Arizona, plus I'm from San Diego and belive me Boston works harder than anyone here with maybe the exception of Donnie Edwards and Tomlinson, and of course you aren't gonna be happy with a team like that, if you notice the article said he spends alot of time working out and stuff, and if he's that dedicated to it and sees other people here doing it , you don't think that is gonna make him a better person in the locker room?

bustemindamouth
03-09-2004, 07:53 PM
I dont care about the previous "attitude problems", nipple rings, etc...the man can flat out play -- 250lbs, cut like heck, and running a 4.4?? Is there anyone on the NFL...offense or defense that big/strong/fast?? I think not...

The Dark Knight
03-09-2004, 08:00 PM
If Boston gets any bigger, than he'll be playing TE.
Hey, that's who will use to replace Sharpe!!!!
Not.

Bailey24
03-09-2004, 08:02 PM
You are right zero. A lot of times when players have problems while their on a team and then they go to another team then the problems dissapear. But a lot of times the problems dont dissapear. Thats the problem you never know. Its a 50 50 risk. I think shanny should stay away from 50 50 risks with players that have had some problems in the past cuz so far he has been dead wrong hoping that those type of players would change when they came to denver. Now i know any player is a 50 50 risk whether they are gonna perform or not when you bring them to your team, I dont care if they are the best player in the leauge. Any player is a risk, some are better risks than others but they are all still risks. But taking a risk on a player that has no reported problems is always an easier risk to take than on one that has problems. Like Bailey, He is in the top 3 corners in the leauge if not the best but he's still a risk. But he's and easier risk to take cuz he is a class guy, no off field problems or on field, and he has proven he is an excellent athlete and pro football player. I'm not saying boston is a bad player cuz i had him on my fantasy team last year. All im saying is shanny isn't good at turning players with some problems into players with no problems, it usually blows up in his face for even trying.

Bailey24
03-09-2004, 08:05 PM
plus he will be expensive i think, reworked contract or not. But yeah he is a good receiver and shannon sharpe build.

Fat Joe
03-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Everyone was screaming at the top of there lungs, no way in hell should we even THINK about getting TO, but yet you actually give this chode some thought? At least TO has personality and will work hard no matter where he goes, this guys just a ***** pump. Is Curtis Conway still available? Hes pretty damn good and we could probably nab him pretty cheap......

Either way, theres plent of receivers we could find besides this guy.

Bailey24
03-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Dez White and tai Streets baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rcsodak
03-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Wake up, people! Slap yourselves! Hellooooooooooooooo!!
Boston had 2 good years. PERIOD. Hell, last year he thought he was back in junior high and ended up in the prinipal's office that told him to go home and think about what he wanted to be when he grew up. You want somebody like that? Speaking of Gardner, Carter, etc..... Problem childs all of them. Their kind of sickness can't just be swept off like dust from you coat. They need help.....professional help. And denver is NOT the doctor.:fight: