PDA

View Full Version : Great ...juuust great. :(

sbutk
01-14-2007, 06:52 PM
F'n Patriots.

I was so psyched up for a Chargers-Saints Super Bowl XLI.

Both teams have amazing success stories and would have been soooo deserving.

Now the Patsies have come and ruined (half of) that dream scenario.

...PLUS, I am now in a quandry over who I want to lose more next week, since I absolutely loathe both New England and Indy.

At least one decision is now easy: I'll be pulling for the NFC in XLI, no matter what.

:fight:

DawgFanatic
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Why would u want a rival team in the superbowl? :confused: Classy or not, thats just dumb... :coffee:

Lynn84
01-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I hate that Pats too. I hope the Colts kill them and can finally make it to the superbowl.If it is the Pats I hope the Bears make it and kill them.

BaileyTheBest
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Why would u want a rival team in the superbowl? :confused: Classy or not, thats just dumb... :coffee:

I wanted the Chargers in the SB just because I hate the Pats and Colts more than I do any team in the NFL. It would have been funny to see SD lose to Brees in the SB.

sbutk
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM

Apparently my sentiment is shared by BaileyTheBest.

I don't see what being a division rival has to do with this, at all.

...I was rooting for the Chargers because

they have a great team
LT is one stand-up example of a complete football player and human being
they've never won a SB
they deserve to win this one
and they probably had the best chance of the remaining teams of eliminating both the Patriots and the Colts.

Sonic Raider
01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
F'n Patriots.

At least one decision is now easy: I'll be pulling for the NFC in XLI, no matter what.

:fight:

Me too, I'll be pulling for the Saints to win it all, but the Bears will be o.k. (IF the Patsies represented the AFC ;) )

defense!!!
01-14-2007, 08:56 PM

they have a great team
they've never won a SB
and they probably had the best chance of the remaining teams of eliminating both the Patriots and the Colts.

You're going to have to edit that a bit after what happened after the game. "You guys know me, im a very classy person," Tomlinson said. "They showed no class, and maybe it comes from the head coach."

That just cracked me up!

Lynn84
01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
You're going to have to edit that a bit after what happened after the game. "You guys know me, im a very classy person," Tomlinson said. "They showed no class, and maybe it comes from the head coach."

That just cracked me up!

That was a funny comment.I love that guy.I like the eagles too and if it was dallas playing the pats I would so want dallas to win.

BigBroncLove
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM

they have a great team
they've never won a SB

I disagree on a few of those.

1. They do have a great team, no arguements here.

2. You know, before this game, a felt LT was one of the classiest players in the NFL. However after today I feel differently about him. It's easier to remain poised when your on top, but I felt he over reacted and didn't keep that class when it should shine the most.

3. No team deserves to win a Super Bowl.... maybe individuals do, like Elway at the end of his career. Not teams IMO.

4. They did, which is why it makes it that much sweeter to see for those of us who didn't want to see a division rival win it all. I don't like the colts or the pats, but when it comes to dislike, everyone else in our division wins the "I don't like you more" contest almost every week.

ctren
01-14-2007, 10:43 PM
"I wanted the Chargers in the SB just because I hate the Pats and Colts more than I do any team in the NFL"

As a bronco fan, how can you hate any team more than the raiders? Sure they suck now, but my memory is good enough that I still hate them more than any other team.

Fat Joe
01-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Being from New England its really easy to hate them, between the bandwagon fans and just obnoxious ways they've won over the last 4 years (tuck rule), its pretty easy to hate them more then losing itself.

My rank of hate:

1-5: Patriots
6:Chiefs
7:Raiders
8:Seahawks
9:Bears
10:Chargers

Mad Madigan
01-15-2007, 12:32 AM

That just cracked me up!
I just think it's funny how LT is scrutinized for telling the Truth (whether he should have or not) while the Patriots bad Sportsmanship and trash talking is perfectly acceptable, Welcome to America :confused:

sbutk
01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
"I wanted the Chargers in the SB just because I hate the Pats and Colts more than I do any team in the NFL"

As a bronco fan, how can you hate any team more than the raiders? Sure they suck now, but my memory is good enough that I still hate them more than any other team.

I know it may be difficult for some Bronco fans out there to understand, but if you'd let yourselves peek out from under the blinders once in awhile, that is actually possible. (And a large part of why we hate the Colts has to do with what they've done to Denver in the playoffs, so don't go calling our team loyalty into question.)

:rolleyes:

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 07:24 AM

I agree 100%. Anyone who wants a rival team in the Super Bowl needs to have his membership revoked.

assassin216
01-17-2007, 08:01 AM
why do yall hate the patriots and colts so much............just becuz the colts beats us everytime in the playoffs doesent mean yall gotta hate them..........as for the patriots how can yall not like them when they won 3 freakin superbowls......come on now.....if it was some other team yall would praise them...........dont make any sense.......would yall stop and think they are just better than us............

PatsCrowEater
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
why do yall hate the patriots and colts so much............just becuz the colts beats us everytime in the playoffs doesent mean yall gotta hate them..........as for the patriots how can yall not like them when they won 3 freakin superbowls......come on now.....if it was some other team yall would praise them...........dont make any sense.......would yall stop and think they are just better than us............

It's just that jealousy breeds contempt.

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM

If it wasn't for our damn defense, we would be playing in this game.