PDA

View Full Version : So much for Darrel Jackson

KIDBRONC11
03-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Well another one bites the dust......Are we gonna sign anyone? Here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1754985

TxBroncoFan
03-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Not a big deal really...D. Jackson is alright, but he's inconsistent. This is not really that much of a loss.

Return of Lava
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
im glad we didnt get jackson, or garner, that means Q and Madise/Nate have better chances to start.

Cugel
03-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, too bad, but a $1M salary plus an $8M signing bonus is a lot of loot to pay to your #2 receiver. He would have been a nice pickup for us, but hopefully there are others we could get who might step in.

The draft is stocked with receivers, but you can't take a rookie WR and expect him to start - too much to absorb his 1st year. At best, he might be getting into the rotation on 5 receiver sets toward the end of the season and hope to take a big step forward in year 2 (exactly the way Lelie did NOT).

:rolleyes:

If Lelie has another disappointing year (call it "pulling a Deltha"), we might be in real trouble on offense. No Portis to take up the slack, Rod Smith a year older and slower (rather like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown for the Raiders), no Eddie Mac -- and a buch of un-proven 3rd stringers. (Does anyone remember Frank Rice and all the fan hoopla about him and how he never panned out? Well Adrian Madise and all these others are about the same thing. Maybe 1 of them will emerge, but to have your season depend on it is REALLY rolling the dice.

You need 3 or 4 quality receivers to succeed and we need them more than ever without the constant threat of Portis to rely on.

People ripped Jake Plummer for the playoff loss, but Manning had Marvin Harrison to throw to and we didn't. 'Nuff said.

dandaman23
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
He signed a 6 year $25 million dollar deal with the Seahawks.

muse
03-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Our receiver corps isn't that experienced but I don't think Darrel Jackson was a must. Weve got Rod and Ashley starting, MarTay in 3/4 receiver, Madise in 3/4 receiver and Charlie Adams/Nate Jackson at 5. That's a good receiving corps which really just needs some experience. Like Walls and Herndon really. One of my favourite quotes was in the Seahawks @ Fudge Packers playoff match this year (from the commentator):

'The Seattle Seahawks have a very good receiving corps and are decent targets for Matt Hasslebeck. Their main weakness however is that they have problems catching the football'.

AznBroncoFan
03-09-2004, 08:51 PM
You guys really wanted Darrel Jackson??!!! What a JOKE!
That guy has BUTTER-FINGERS!!! He would've been PERFECT for the Detroit Lions!

Return of Lava
03-09-2004, 10:22 PM
I think even if Lelie has a disappointing year, he is still our future, he has the superb tools, he just needs the confidence, that may take a while it may not, but he will end up the star of our team. Madise and Jackson are developing, that takes more than a year or 2 to reach full potential. we have no idea where they stand or how far they can go in our offense, you cant tell how good a player is gonna be in only 1 year. Nor can you put a limit on how good they can be after a year or 2 or 3. i think they are good enough to catch a pass right now, but still need to work on the little things to become very good. Madise already has nice cuts and hands, so thats a start, he can play already. I havent seen Jackson play, all i know about him is he has great size. I think we are in no need to panic about them they are young and raw. Plus we can draft a WR and develop him also