PDA

View Full Version : LT is a hypocrite

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 03:17 PM
During the end of the Broncos/Chargers game, the Chargers got the ball with under four minutes, already up by a score of 41-20, they kept LT in the game and let him score, making the final score 48-20. He was then carried on the shoulders of his offensive linemen as they continued their celebration.

Hardly a classy move, on many levels.

Then....poor little LT breaks down after the Patriots mock Captain steriod and dance on the 50 after the game.

LT, what comes around, goes around.

topscribe
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
As stated by someone who apparently has never played in a championship game.

-----

Geandily
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Except LT didn't really taunt us after he got that touchdown, given it was kind of lame to have LT still in the game, but that was a play by Marty to try and get some more popularity with the fans.

But I am glad they made fun of captain steroid :D

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 03:22 PM
To whom are you referring?

JoRo
01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe its a lil bit of God telling Marty something?

Maybe Karma...

Who knows, lets jus stop these stupid threads.

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Except LT didn't really taunt us after he got that touchdown, given it was kind of lame to have LT still in the game, but that was a play by Marty to try and get some more popularity with the fans.

But I am glad they made fun of captain steroid :D

I'm not saying he did taunt. He should not have been in the game. Both actions embarrassed the other team. He failed to recognize that against the Broncos.

Players like Barry Sanders comes to mind when I think of those situations. I remember Barry being asked if he wanted back in a game for statistical reasons and he would say no.

But then Barry is the definition of class.

LT...he may need a refresher course.

The Dark Knight
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM

-----

Neither has LT.

ba-da-bum-bump!

Hartley
01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Either has LT.

ba-da-bum-bump!

^^
^^
:laugh:

How true.

quiksilverkid13
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
During the end of the Broncos/Chargers game, the Chargers got the ball with under four minutes, already up by a score of 41-20, they kept LT in the game and let him score, making the final score 48-20. He was then carried on the shoulders of his offensive linemen as they continued their celebration.

Then....poor little LT breaks down after the Patriots mock Captain steriod and dance on the 50 after the game.

LT was mad that it was done on his home field. I don't think it was very classy of the Patriots, but LT did not have to make such a deal of it. Although, can't say it would please me either given how far they have come to do that.

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
LT was mad that it was done on his home field. I don't think it was very classy of the Patriots, but LT did not have to make such a deal of it. Although, can't say it would please me either given how far they have come to do that.

No, what the Patriots did was wrong (although I love that they made fun of steriods) but LT is a hypocrite for the way he reacted.

SSBRONCS
01-15-2007, 04:35 PM
HE FORGOT HOW TO LOSE . after all it has been a few months without a loss for them. i still consider him classy for all other actions he shows but yesterday he was just a sore loser. hell he called him self classy in an interview lol

broncos_mtnman
01-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Neither has LT.

ba-da-bum-bump!

That deserves a CP!!

"You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

I'll have to owe you.

jcdavey
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM
they in effect , danced on the star in dallas

i don't expect some fans to understand that, but ask yourself how you would honestly react to another team celebrating 'after' the game, at your midfield

if you wouldn't be pissed and calling it classless, i think you're lying to yourself.

slr777
01-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Get over it Many records are broke such as junk touch downs. Seahawks did it last year.

jcdavey
01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
LT was mad that it was done on his home field. I don't think it was very classy of the Patriots, but LT did not have to make such a deal of it. Although, can't say it would please me either given how far they have come to do that.yeah i think LT was wrong too to make a federal case out of it.

CinnaMunMun
01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
they in effect , danced on the star in dallas

i don't expect some fans to understand that, but ask yourself how you would honestly react to another team celebrating 'after' the game, at your midfield

if you wouldn't be pissed and calling it classless, i think you're lying to yourself.

Exactly how I feel :salute:

SmithOverTO
01-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm not saying he did taunt. He should not have been in the game. Both actions embarrassed the other team. He failed to recognize that against the Broncos.

Players like Barry Sanders comes to mind when I think of those situations. I remember Barry being asked if he wanted back in a game for statistical reasons and he would say no.

But then Barry is the definition of class.

LT...he may need a refresher course.

LT's score was totally preventable by the Broncos. If he hadnt scored, he wouldnt have celebrated. What the Patriots did is inexcusable.

snowspot66
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
LT's score was totally preventable by the Broncos. If he hadnt scored, he wouldnt have celebrated. What the Patriots did is inexcusable.

BS. roidrage did more than enough before that game to warrant him being mocked. Where they were doing the mocking is irrelevant. It's a completely different situation compared to the TO star deal.

watchthemiddle
01-15-2007, 05:47 PM

-----

Ba Da Bing, Ba Da Boom.

I was taken back at first by the way LT responded after the game, but it shows he has heart.

Anyone who has EVER played the game on ANY level understands what he was going through if you were ever in a big game.

If you don't understand it, then 1. you never played...2. you played, but your team sucked and no game mattered.

LT is a cry baby? ALl you complaining about his actions are no better. Get over it.

:coffee:

Champ4DOP
01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
i think LT is right..he is humble man.

How many times do you see him actually make a big celebrative dance after he scores.....not very often

Skywalker
01-15-2007, 06:07 PM

How many times do you see him actually make a big celebrative dance after he scores.....not very often

I agree.

I think that you are also forgetting StugotsII, that the reason LT celebrated with his OL when he scored that TD against us, was because he just broke the record.

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Get over it Many records are broke such as junk touch downs. Seahawks did it last year.

Is that English?

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 06:38 PM

You could say the same about the Patriots. The Patriots win was totally preventable, if they didn't win, they wouldn't have celebrated. Running up the score is inexcusable. I could accept it more if it were a backup scoring.

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 06:43 PM

He actually celebrates just about every time he crosses the goal line.

He does that "look at me" pose.

StugotsII
01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
I agree.

I think that you are also forgetting StugotsII, that the reason LT celebrated with his OL when he scored that TD against us, was because he just broke the record.

I know why he was celebrating.

Up 41-20 with 3 minutes to go, you really don't need your starters in the game, running up the score, do you?

Skywalker
01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I know why he was celebrating.

Up 41-20 with 3 minutes to go, you really don't need your starters in the game, running up the score, do you?

No I don't think you do, but I think Marty wanted to give LT the record while he was at home.

broncos_mtnman
01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Ba Da Bing, Ba Da Boom.

I was taken back at first by the way LT responded after the game, but it shows he has heart.

Anyone who has EVER played the game on ANY level understands what he was going through if you were ever in a big game.

If you don't understand it, then 1. you never played...2. you played, but your team sucked and no game mattered.

LT is a cry baby? ALl you complaining about his actions are no better. Get over it.

Oh, now we get the "if you don't understand, you've never played football" speech.

Goodie - goodie!!

LT acted like a cry baby :cry: and showed none of the "class" he claims to demonstrate.

stnzed
01-15-2007, 07:16 PM

BS!!!!!!!

They were giving Merriman the same he gave them.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with that......Absolutely nothing!

Go to Profootballtalk.com to see how the Chargers acted when they beat the Patriots in New England in 2005.

You get what you give!

LT is a class player making the wrong stand at the wrong time. I don't hold that against him. But he shouldn't call out the other teams coach for doing the same thing he is.......Condoning using this dance to taunt an opponent.

He should start by telling Merriman to stop taunting opponents with his stupid dance.

If he doesn't have a problem with Merriman doing it, or just can't get him to stop it, then he would smart to keep it to himself.

topscribe
01-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Neither has LT.

ba-da-bum-bump!
Got me! :laugh:

-----

topscribe
01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
That deserves a CP!!

"You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

I'll have to owe you.
Well, I just paid him one. Have to admit, that was a good comeback. :cheers:

-----

topscribe
01-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh, now we get the "if you don't understand, you've never played football" speech.

Goodie - goodie!!

LT acted like a cry baby :cry: and showed none of the "class" he claims to demonstrate.

As I tried to express in an earlier post, LT was reacting in an extremely emotional
moment. You are not reacting in an emotional moment. (If you are, then perhaps
some soul-searching is in order?) Mtnman, you must come to the point where you
allow humans to be human and to have a few foibles. Do you think I've never
made a jackass out of myself in public? Do you think YOU'VE never?

You know the parable about the splinter and the beam, don't you? ;)

-----

Mtdonkeyfan
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I gotta tell ya all I totally agree with L.T. what the Pats did was no different than what #81 did on the Dallas star. As proof of classlessness (not really a word but it works) the look at this years history of the pats they lose and their coach wont shake the hand of the winning coach (zero zip nadda class) then celibrating On the Chargers symbol at mid field after a win (zero zip nadda class) Looks like #81 would fit right in with that orinization to me.

javon84walker#1
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
who did the "lights out" on the PATS????

BarkdogRX7
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
He actually celebrates just about every time he crosses the goal line.

He does that "look at me" pose.

Dude all your posts on here were stupid, and you're point is dumb, I dislike San Diego but LT is CLASS, he never does anything TO like in the endzone, he had a right to being mad, go back and look, he's NEVER once been in the media for anything bad...newb

stnzed
01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
who did the "lights out" on the PATS????

That would be Shawne Merriman wouldn't it?

BaileyTheBest
01-15-2007, 09:42 PM
If almost any other player in the NFL had made those comments, people would not be making nearly as big a deal out of it. People make comments like that all the time but folks don't start 5 threads on it. Not sure why LT is taking so much hell over it. Yall would be reacting differently had a Bronco said those things. Man it feels weird to defend a Charger but I think LT has earned it. Well, I'm out. Good night fellow Bronco fans!

WABronco
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Celebrating a league-record-breaking TD does not compare.

Just like celebrating on a play-by-play basis (Merriman) does not compare to celebrating post-game in a way that's designed to mock your opponent after you've beaten him. IMO.

Buff_bronc_fan
01-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Just like celebrating on a play-by-play basis (Merriman) does not compare to celebrating post-game in a way that's designed to mock your opponent after you've beaten him. IMO.

Yeah, if anything, celebrating on a play by play basis is much less classy than celebrating one time after a playoff victory...

Merriman had it coming to him-- I respect L.T. for standing up for a teammate... But his comments after the game about him being classy and Belicheck being responsible was just whiny cry baby crap...

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
LT and his team can celebrate in our game

LT just set the record so its no problem

and if it was a bronco RB like bell or something you know he would be celebrating too

any RB would

so just forget about it

BroncoStampede
01-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Congratulations LT, you won the JUST SHUT UP award on Mike and Mike.

TXBRONC
01-16-2007, 08:07 AM
As I tried to express in an earlier post, LT was reacting in an extremely emotional
moment. You are not reacting in an emotional moment. (If you are, then perhaps
some soul-searching is in order?) Mtnman, you must come to the point where you
allow humans to be human and to have a few foibles. Do you think I've never
made a jackass out of myself in public? Do you think YOU'VE never?

You know the parable about the splinter and the beam, don't you? ;)

-----

Right after the game I would give him a pass, but a day later he really should have just let it go.

Giveemlove
01-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Yea LT is a total hypocrite! He likes girls, he'd like girls with whipped cream, but he won't play in the Girls game of whipped cream. :brick:

I'm talking about LT (LordTrychon)

Oooops...wrong thread.

/bows out.

RunByDesign
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM

REP!!!

How true! :rockon:

RunByDesign
01-16-2007, 11:54 AM

-----

This includes LT, obviously?

StugotsII
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Dude all your posts on here were stupid, and you're point is dumb, I dislike San Diego but LT is CLASS, he never does anything TO like in the endzone, he had a right to being mad, go back and look, he's NEVER once been in the media for anything bad...newb

Very intelligent comments. When did I say he did anything "TO?" Never. Sure, he had the right to be mad, just like the Patriots have the right to dance and make fun of a drug addict.

StugotsII
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Your missing the point. They should not have gone for a TD up 41-20. It was the wrong move.

I'd rather see a team celebrate a playoff win, rather than a individual record. He can have his record, New England is still playing for something.

StugotsII
01-16-2007, 03:54 PM
LT and his team can celebrate in our game

LT just set the record so its no problem

and if it was a bronco RB like bell or something you know he would be celebrating too

any RB would

so just forget about it

Again, him celebrating isn't the problem. It's the way in which he got the record.

Cheap.

SmithOverTO
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
BS. roidrage did more than enough before that game to warrant him being mocked. Where they were doing the mocking is irrelevant. It's a completely different situation compared to the TO star deal.

I'm glad your able to express yourself reasonably. :rolleyes:

LT is class, the Patriots are not.

Fat Joe
01-16-2007, 05:21 PM
What Marty did against us by running up the score he paid for sunday. I said it the day it happend, the Chargers would win nothing this year because Karma would come back to bite them. Most people told me to piss off because I was just bitter about the loss, but you know what, I was right, as usual. Same thing will happen to New England for running up the score on Tennessee. The football gods do not appreciate the running up of scores, and it shows.

WABronco
01-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Your missing the point. They should not have gone for a TD up 41-20. It was the wrong move.

I'd rather see a team celebrate a playoff win, rather than a individual record. He can have his record, New England is still playing for something.
It's a league record (and a very, very illustrious one at that), though. If you've got a shot now, there's no reason to wait.

If Denver has a beef with them going for it, they should be more concerned with how they gave it up.

rcsodak
01-16-2007, 07:46 PM
It's a league record (and a very, very illustrious one at that), though. If you've got a shot now, there's no reason to wait.

If Denver has a beef with them going for it, they should be more concerned with how they gave it up.
Well, Denver said it DIDN'T have a problem with it......

......but I guess nobody asked some of the fans..... :)

StugotsII
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM

You simply fail to grasp what I am saying.

It is wrong for LT to complain about what the Patriots did, considering his own teams lack of respect to their opponents.

You have the Bronco game and them running up the score so he could break a record that gets broken every other year with 3 games to be played.

You have Merriman do his little dance everytime he drops a QB or RB in the backfield.

You have Merriman shooting roids and not taking blame for his own actions.

Bottom line: they are out of the playoffs.

Good ridance.

Bad things happen to bad people.