PDA

View Full Version : L.T. won't play in the Probowl if Belichick is the coach

Hypnotic
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Eric Allen and Qadry Ismail of ESPN News are reporting that L.T. will not play in the probowl if the New England Patriots end up losing to the Colts and Bill Belichick is the coach of the AFC team in the probowl. They also were showing the interview of L.T. confirming that. L.T. is still pissed...

Atwnbroncfan
01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
I can see why L.T. is pissed but its not like the coaches told the players to do that. He should be more pissed at the players and not screaming at the media about Bellichek.

Skywalker
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I watched the game, but missed what happened after the game. What happened?

champbronc2
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
LT is over reacting a bit... :rolleyes:

Hypnotic
01-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I watched the game, but missed what happened after the game. What happened?

Here watch this you tube video. You see alittle bit of what happen then L.T. talks about it with the media after the game.

You Tube link of L.T. after the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBy2pA-j9Zc

Nomad Broncofan
01-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Eric Allen and Qadry Ismail of ESPN News are reporting that L.T. will not play in the probowl if the New England Patriots end up losing to the Colts and Bill Belichick is the coach of the AFC team in the probowl. They also were showing the interview of L.T. confirming that. L.T. is still pissed...

If he does that he would be even more less of a man than I first thought with is little whiny rant after the game. He should be the bigger man and represent the AFC at the Probowl. And if he does skip I hope the NFL fines him $75,000 or more because this would set an example to others players that if they don't like a coach they don't have to show up. LT is a crybaby for even thinking this! How pathetic!

BroncoStampede
01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Lababyian from profootballtalk.com

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1884898/0/nouser_1884/T1_-1_1884898.jpg

Hypnotic
01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Lababyian from profootballtalk.com

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1884898/0/nouser_1884/T1_-1_1884898.jpg

LOL...That's funny :D

BroncoStampede
01-15-2007, 06:49 PM
LOL...That's funny :D

lol i know, check out these links for more funny stuff on the chargers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=buckheit/070115

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=snibbe/nfl/070115

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/070115

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/070115

funny stuff.

BroncoStampede
01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
This one is my favorite

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1884922/0/nouser_1884/T0_-1_1884922.jpg

Denver Native
01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
LT is over reacting a bit... :rolleyes:

LT is over reacting a lot - he has one great year, and he turns into a JERK!!!!!

Snapping Turtle
01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I used to stick up for him all the time...you can bet I'll stop now. Like I said in another thread, I am so adding him to my crybaby list.

1.my brother
2.Peyton Manning
3. LT

woot.

Southstander
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I guess LT just does not want to know what it is like to play for a Super Bowl Winner :D

rcsodak
01-16-2007, 07:44 PM
The definition of irony.....

....everybody calling LT, just a few weeks ago, a "class act", and a model NFL player that would be welcomed on any team.....

......and now he has NO class....is a whiny baby.....etc.....

....ya just gotta love this game..... :cheers:

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 07:20 AM

What a big cry baby L.T. is. He needs to grow up. Fine. Don't show up to what the fans consider an honor.

PatsCrowEater
01-17-2007, 07:46 AM
What a big cry baby L.T. is. He needs to grow up. Fine. Don't show up to what the fans consider an honor.

Oh, LT will be there but Belichick won't.

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh, LT will be there but Belichick won't.

I agree with you but if it is Belichick as the AFC Coach...

KJ707
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Sounds a bit like Sour Grapes to me.

Ladainian Tomlinson is a great running back in this league. Very Humble. He needs to get over this loss and move on. The Coaching Staff and Players were taking this game like a Regular season game. Receivers dropping the ball, missed play opportunities, are not going to help the team. In the playoffs, Players MUST come ready to play, be at the top of their game, and most importantly come through when needed. L.T. had a great game, but one player can't win the game himself.

Had Shawne Merriman stayed humble and not done that ridiculous dance, the player's would have nothing to mimic him about when he was totally shutdown. A perfect example of being humble has to be Marvin Harrison. Every time Harrison makes a big play, he acts like he's done it before, acts professionally and classy.

RBDynasty
01-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Eric Allen and Qadry Ismail of ESPN News are reporting that L.T. will not play in the probowl if the New England Patriots end up losing to the Colts and Bill Belichick is the coach of the AFC team in the probowl. They also were showing the interview of L.T. confirming that. L.T. is still pissed...Wow.... ok... now that's taking it waaaaaaaaaaay too far.

Marshall#15
01-17-2007, 06:29 PM
It's amazing to see such a humble player like LT turn into a total as*hole after just one game. Get over it LT.

Day1BroncoFan
01-17-2007, 07:44 PM
WOW, I wish I would have seen what the pats did so I could know for myself. That being said, this is a little over the top. LT is losing ground and should just get over it.

Thundergirl
01-18-2007, 12:38 AM
WOW, I wish I would have seen what the pats did so I could know for myself. That being said, this is a little over the top. LT is losing ground and should just get over it.

I have seen 2 vids that show the Pats and I don't know what made him so mad.

CinnaMunMun
01-18-2007, 01:54 AM

Not sure if they showed it real well.

After the Pats clinched the win (after the missed FG) some Pats ran out on the field to the 50 yard line and did Merriman's "Lights Out" dance.

I think LT had a right to be upset, as I see this as being no different than T.O. with the Dallas star (obviously when he was back with the Eagles), but c'mon LT, how was that Belichick's fault and why are you still going with it instead of dropping it?

frenchfan
01-18-2007, 05:11 AM
I think players should stop to always celebrate for each play they make...
Celebrating a TD/FG or the win is OK... As far as it's soft & funny...
Stop dancing because you made a good tackle and the game just starts... It's stupid...

Players should understand they are so lucky to play this game, being well payed for that and that they are examples... They should show some better class...

Now, message to LT : stop crying baby and show them all you are the best on the field... The better answer is not in the media but on the field ;)
I've never seen John acting like that after a defeat (and he knows what are bad loss)... He just go on trying his best and he finally did it...
Stop the blabla and play some football...

About the Pro Bowl... It's a honour to be chosen... If he won't play it, then no respect for him anymore... Bellichick or not... The game is for the fans, not for him/bellichick/any players...

saltybuggah
01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
i dont know what to say after reading all this ......... :speech:

l.t. *** if he actually follows thru with this he is now like all the other ...hole.
would he not take handoffs from brady??????????

this is a shame and another black eye on the nfl if it actually happens.
millions of people wish to suit up in the nfl. play one snap. stand on the field. be a part of the team. anything just for that chance.

and now we continue having these babies cry cuz someone took their ball away cuz thats all that it is.. grow the f up l.t.

fans and players would give their right arm just to do what you are doing. just cuz your team got beat and players rejoiced in a manner that was carried away. dont be a classless jerk like some of these nfl players.

i just saw an espn interview with l.t. talking about jim brown and how he only calls him mr. brown out of respect for the guy. looks like l.t. lost his respect for the millions of people who watch and love the game so much. :salute:

BB-SD
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I registered just to reply to this thread.

There was much more going on than anything the video showed, this isn't sour grapes whatsoever. In all the football games I have attended or coached I haven't seen more displays of crass behavior than at the conclusion of that game, not to mention some of Belichick's low-class pre-game hijinks such as bringing his team out during our introductions on purpose.

Those passing judgement based upon that video are talking out of their asses. Not mentioned anywhere is something I saw long after the cameras were turned off (yes I attended the game)

The Patriots players actually went up to the fans in the seats and started taunting them. Not just a word before running into the locker room, but they stood there and berated our fans, swearing at them and mocking them even more with the Merriman dance. Jarvis Greene in particular.

As I have said before, if the players don't like each other great, they can take it out on each other on the field and it's even better football for us. But when players turn on the fans who pay their salaries, it suddenly becomes a Ron Artest situation, not a sour grapes situation.

We Charger fans are used to losing, let's be honest here. We don't have your history and tough losses are a dime a dozen for us. I didn't whine after the Jets playoff loss, I shook hands with the loudmouth Jets fan next to me in 2004 and wished him good luck next week. I didn't get angry after our home loss to you last season when Brees got hurt, that hit wasn't dirty or intentional at all.

But what I saw last weekend was something else. I have always said the Patriots were a great organization and did it right, and they made me look a jerk for respecting them. Never again.

You shouldn't condone poor behavior just because it works against your division rivals, because it opens the door to the same thing happening to you.

If you were there to actually see what all was happening, you'd be every bit as disgusted as LT was. And that I am.

Best of luck next year.

Bolt Action
01-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I find it funny that you can't find one shread of information to support this claim that he said he won't play in the pro-bowl if Bellicheck is the coach.

Pretty odd that the SD media wouldn't have picked up on this. :rolleyes:

BB-SD
01-18-2007, 03:47 PM
LT on the possibility of playing for Belichick:

“I thought about that,” Tomlinson said. “It will be pretty interesting. I don't know how that'll go over. I probably wouldn't say two words to him.” http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070116-9999-1s16chnotes2.html

turns out that once again people are talking of things they know nothing about and are busy bashing a good guy for an unfounded rumor - while excusing the Patriots perpetrators for the harder truth.

Being part of the human race kind of disgusts me sometimes.

dogfish
01-18-2007, 04:09 PM
LT is over reacting a lot - he has one great year, and he turns into a JERK!!!!!

i' not going to comment on the whole pro bowl situation, but i do have to respond to this. . . sorry DN, but LT has been great his entire career-- he may have gotten more media recognition the past year or so, and this season was indeed his best. . . but to imply that he wasn't great before this year couldn't be more wrong. . .

SmithOverTO
01-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Good for LT. I doubt this will give Ole Belichek some sleepless nights but I really hope it does.

HurricaneDovs
01-20-2007, 10:32 AM
can i just sit back and laugh at this real quick

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ok ok

hold on

...HAHAHAHAHA!!

alright im done

its funny how in that interview he had to justify what he did. "you know me. im a classy guy. i would never do anything like that"

WELL YOU JUST DID!! something tells me what people think of him and how he appears means more to him than he lets on. if it didnt he wouldnt have to explain himself.

but whatever. i dont care. he can sit his crybaby a** at home if he wants. i dont want him repping the AFC anyway.

Burgess56
01-22-2007, 02:18 AM

Wow, there is a lot of hypocrites in here. Unbelievable.

Watch the video again, you can see a Patriot right on the logo at midfield for a second. That was Hobbs acting like Merriman

I dont want to defend him but he had every reasons to be upset. ALL of YOU would respond the same way he did. ALL OF YOU!

I dont blame him if he doesnt want to go to Pro Bowl cuz he bad mouthed about him and we all know Belicheck is a d*ck!

str8jacket
01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
People still watch the pro bowl? :eek:

jcdavey
01-22-2007, 12:02 PM
if LT skips the pro bowl that's going to piss me off

jcdavey
01-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Wow, there is a lot of hypocrites in here. Unbelievable.

Watch the video again, you can see a Patriot right on the logo at midfield for a second. That was Hobbs acting like Merriman

I dont want to defend him but he had every reasons to be upset. ALL of YOU would respond the same way he did. ALL OF YOU!

I dont blame him if he doesnt want to go to Pro Bowl cuz he bad mouthed about him and we all know Belicheck is a d*ck!people don't seem to care because it's merriman's dance that was being mocked and in their eyes merriman and the chargers deserve it

they have trouble putting themselves in that situation where essentially another team is taking a piss on the star in dallas 'after' a game. this was obviously worse than what TO did, it's just too bad there was no george teague around to take out hobbs

jcdavey
01-22-2007, 12:07 PM
can i just sit back and laugh at this real quick

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ok ok

hold on

...HAHAHAHAHA!!

alright im done

its funny how in that interview he had to justify what he did. "you know me. im a classy guy. i would never do anything like that"

WELL YOU JUST DID!! something tells me what people think of him and how he appears means more to him than he lets on. if it didnt he wouldnt have to explain himself.

but whatever. i dont care. he can sit his crybaby a** at home if he wants. i dont want him repping the AFC anyway.some people were just looking for a reason to hate LT cuse he's not on their team, and he gave it to them, even though for the most part he was right

he just wasn't right to involve belichik in the fiasco

Chief-Dom
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Tell you what - That brady is a class act. Not like LT at all. When brady loses a game he doesn't get upset with anyone. He just runs off the field as fast as he can and not talk to anyone. :rolleyes:

Anyone know if he did the same thing last year when the broncos beat them?

Fat Joe
01-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Not sure if he did that against Denver last year, but I do know hes a whinny little girl in all of his post game press conferences after a loss.