PDA

View Full Version : Those wanting the Colts to beat the Patriots

gindaorshaman
01-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Found this little article: Click Me! (http://www.bleacherreport.com/nfl/nfl/dear-peyton-manning...please-beat-the-patriots-20070115933/)

Bronco fan4ever
01-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Very funny! Thanks for posting.

Fred the Bunny
01-16-2007, 10:29 AM
well, i wouldn't mind seeing the colts win.

BigBroncLove
01-16-2007, 11:10 PM
If there was a way for both these teams to lose I would vote for that. Obviously that's not the case and between the two, I'd rather see the Colts go then another year of watching the Patriots in a Superbowl.

evendelae
01-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Eh. Let the Colts get it over with.

PatsCrowEater
01-17-2007, 06:53 AM
I know just how fans from other teams must feel. I got real sick of Dallas dominating in the early 90's.

But, I'd suggest you have your barf bags ready this Sunday because your beloved NE Patriots are going to Miami for another Lombardi.

Ohio Broncos
01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I know just how fans from other teams must feel. I got real sick of Dallas dominating in the early 90's.

But, I'd suggest you have your barf bags ready this Sunday because your beloved NE Patriots are going to Miami for another Lombardi.

I sure as hell hope so. I'd rather see the Pats in the Super Bowl than a team that has played like crap (defensively) most of the season. Don't let the last two weeks fool you. The Colts are a soft, overrated dome team that played two teams in the playoffs who couldn't score at a swinger's convention.

I just don't know how New England's depleted secondary is gonna stop the Colts receivers. But we've all learned to never underestimate Bellichick. :2cents:

PatsCrowEater
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
I sure as hell hope so. I'd rather see the Pats in the Super Bowl than a team that has played like crap (defensively) most of the season. Don't let the last two weeks fool you. The Colts are a soft, overrated dome team that played two teams in the playoffs who couldn't score at a swinger's convention.

I just don't know how New England's depleted secondary is gonna stop the Colts receivers. But we've all learned to never underestimate Bellichick. :2cents:

The only reason the Colts D looked good against the offenses of KC and Baltimore is because they were playing against the offenses of KC and Baltimore.

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 06:58 PM

I have to agree with this statement. The Patriots are a higher caliber team than the Indianapolis Colts. The Pats, with home field, should defeat the Colts.

BroncoKing
01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
The only reason the Colts D looked good against the offenses of KC and Baltimore is because they were playing against the offenses of KC and Baltimore.

There is actually some truth to that.

PatsCrowEater
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I have to agree with this statement. The Patriots are a higher caliber team than the Indianapolis Colts. The Pats, with home field, should defeat the Colts.

Well, the Pats are playing at the RCA Dome but given that Brady is something like 10-0 in domes and 23-1 on turf I would have to agree they are playing at home.

BigBroncLove
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, the Pats are playing at the RCA Dome but given that Brady is something like 10-0 in domes and 23-1 on turf I would have to agree they are playing at home.

I just don't think the pat's will win.

The funny thing is PatsCrowEater is that your playoff picks in the 2006 playoff forum are identicle to my picks in my local playoff pot up until this week....

we'll see who's is right :P

I think the Pat's will run the ball with more ease. Indy's run defense has improved in the post-season and having Sanders back at Safety has been a big boost for the Colts on third down, but I don't see Indy stopping your tandem in Dillon and Maroney. I do however see them stopping the Patriot pass more often then SD allowed. Though as you know PCE, I was rooting for NE all the way that day.

On the flipside, I don't think the Patriots secondary is prepared to stop Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Utecht either. The wya the Colts love to stretch the field will create some big problems for your secondary IMO, similar, but not nearly as effectively as they did aginst you guys earlier this season. If Payton does, which I think he will, it may help Addai reach at least a mediocre day against the Pat's stout run defense.

In the end though, I think it will be a close game that comes down to one thing and one thing only, getting into FG range and slamming 3 points home in those last seconds. The Pat's did well last week at San D, but I question how your new kicked will do in the RCA dome (one of the loudest places IMO after Arrowhead and Seattle's stadium). We all know Vinateri's record, and he's what I see tipping the scales....

No matter what, I think it will be a great game.

saltybuggah
01-18-2007, 06:29 PM
just tired of the pats fans around here. not too many colts fans but if they win the superbowl im sure they will crawl out of the woodworks too.
but im for the colts.....
i just hope that the saints make it and beat the colts then :D

PatsCrowEater
01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
just tired of the pats fans around here. :D

Who? Which ones are you tired of? Just give me the names and I'll rub 'em out!

RBDynasty
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Hahah ... that's a great letter. This will be the only time EVER that I will root for the Colts to win. Let's go Manning!!!! Put the beatdown on those Pansies!!!!!

Pansy Bandwagoneer fans suck.

LordPenguin
01-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Of the two teams I'd rather have the pats win but if both could lose that would be great.

_BrusT_
01-20-2007, 01:29 PM
I like the Patriots. It isn't the fact they are winning, it is how they do it. They are the most entertaining team in football over the last years. I love to watch their games, and I was proud we could handle them their first postseason loss under Brady. I hope they make it to the SB. But if they don't, I wish Peyton well, because he deserves it, too.

saltybuggah
01-20-2007, 02:15 PM
time for old brady to hit the showers colts win
just give manning a sb ring already im sooo tired of hearing about his whinny ass

XXXII XXXIII
01-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Why the helll are you wanting the colts to win? REMEMBER what happen when the colts creamed the broncos 2 times in '05, '06 in the playoffs? Go PATRIOTS!

OptimusPrime5
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Why the helll are you wanting the colts to win? REMEMBER what happen when the colts creamed the broncos 2 times in '05, '06 in the playoffs? Go PATRIOTS!
Why did you come to our boards knowing that Denver dominated New England? Or did you just hop on the bandwagon?

saltybuggah
01-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Who? Which ones are you tired of? Just give me the names and I'll rub 'em out!

just look at xxxii xxxiii. time for that rubbin' out part ?

PatsCrowEater
01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the Boards XXXII XXXIII. Stick around. I think you're gonna be well liked here!

Passepartout
01-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Most of all, the Colts need to learn from the
Chargers mistakes and penalties and not
Make them as that really doomed the Chargers.
Hopefully Tony Dungy will be better prepared to
Lead the Colts or I really don't want to suffer through
Another Pats SB! Yuck!