PDA

View Full Version : Damien Nash Appreciation Thread

BigBroncLove
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Following in suit with the other Memorium forum, post your appreciation and thoughts on Damien Nash.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Nash family and his friends. He was very young, and it is sad that he was taken so early in his life. I will always remember the three games he gave us. Thank you Nash, and you will be missed.

champbronc2
02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
This is just so grim.

It is very sad having to come to these boards and seeing two "in memoriam" threads.

I would like to say my prayers go out to their family.

Also Darrent and Nash are up there together now. As brothers. Makes me feel oka inside knowing them two Broncos are up there together.

R.I.P. Bronco brothers, R.I.P. :salute:

Steve_Harbula
02-24-2007, 08:48 PM
I can't believe that we had to do this again, much less this soon. And it sickens me that we had a precedent set for what to do. But I was not surprised to see that were already so many messages of sympathy and support by the time we even got this forum built.

God bless you all, and rest in peace, Damien. :salute:

D.J.55
02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
i'll never forget the three games you gave us. you will be missed. R.I.P. Damien.

NickTranOwnz
02-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Yea I'll never forget the 3 games he played with us. He was a big RB and had great speed to match. I remember he had a lot of agility too.

Bronx84
02-24-2007, 08:59 PM
I remember when he tore up Tenesee, the team that cut him. He ran hard and had lots of potential.

LordPenguin
02-24-2007, 09:24 PM
wow. 2 young players with so much potential left this world too early. :ugh: :(

EMB123903
02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Rest In Peace Damien Nash, you will be missed, what a tragedy...

Cheesy
02-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I feel for everybody out there in Bronco Land, and I feel for Damien's family. :salute:
RIP #27 & #29

Chidoze
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
2007 - The year of Bronco tragedy :(

I didnt get to see much of you, but I know you will be missed by all. RIP #29 Damien Nash! :salute:

Sebaz10
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
RIP brother.... Our prayers are with your family.... :salute:

jackfrost
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Condolences on the passing of Damian Nash to all in the Bronco organization........this is becoming a way to familiar trait.

Terrible news , he may not have been as well known as Darrent but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the same respect.

I'm sure I speak for all Charger Fans in passing along our heartfelt thoughts on this tragic and untimely death.

NickTranOwnz
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
2007 will also be the year the Broncos return to the Super Bowl and win it, for Darrent Williams and Damien Nash.

Atwnbroncfan
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Another tragic day not only for the broncos but a family who lost a loved one.

Sonic Raider
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
I never got to know Damien Nash, period

This has really been a bad offseason for you guys. If it happened to my team, I know I'd be extremely upset & up in arms. Darrent & Damien were too young & had too much potential.

DevilSpawn
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I also did not know anything about Nash, as he had potential but very little playing time. What makes me so very sad about this was that this was a charity basketball game for his brother for what may be the ailment that caused his death. His brother got a heart transplant last month. This may have been hereditary. :(

eaglebronco
02-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm so sad but he is with God now. Prayers are sent.

OrAnGe CrUsH!!
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
:salute: In the past two months two Denver Bronco players have died. Darrent Williams & Damien Nash. May god have mercy on their souls and that they rest in peace. :salute:

Broncomaniac PG
02-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I remember when he tore up Tenesee, the team that cut him. He ran hard and had lots of potential. We saw Damien at the Bronco -Raider game in oakland and I remarked to my wife: "this young man is going to be terrific".......we are saddened by this, and we will miss him.

Broncomaniac PG

ROCKIES
02-25-2007, 04:45 AM
God Bless Damien and the Nash family...my heart goes out to you in your time of mourning. May god bless you, comfort you and keep you under the shadow of his wings and be your fortress and high tower in your time of need.

antiwup
02-25-2007, 05:04 AM
i never thought id be mourning the loss of another bronco! i dont know what to feel! mad god took them, sad they are gone! i cant believe it! my thoughts and prayers go out to damiens family!

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Man Damien i will deff miss you.

This truly is tough having 2 Memoiriams.
1 is bad enough but this is a horrible start to 2007 for sure.

I remember when you played Oakland and i got mad because you fumbled the ball and i was cussing at the TV Screen :(

I also remember the game vs the Chargers when i started Mike Bell in fantasy and you took some carries from him

But i always enjoyed watching you.
Im sorry to hvae lost you Damien.

My thoughts and prayers are deff with the Broncos and with you.

sneakers
02-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Good Bye Damien!

The only Bronco game I have ever been to you ran like a beast!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/nfl/02/24/nash.death.ap/p1.nash.wire.jpg

Dean
02-25-2007, 05:33 AM
For Damien's family and friends, my prayers for your comfort and strength are with you. May the Lord God be with you in your time of sorrow.

antiwup
02-25-2007, 05:37 AM
man its like 4:35 am here and looking at nfl.com they have nothing on nash's passing! there is just something wrong with that! does the nfl care?

wncbronxx
02-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Following in suit with the other Memorium forum, post your appreciation and thoughts on Damien Nash.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Nash family and his friends. He was very young, and it is sad that he was taken so early in his life. I will always remember the three games he gave us. Thank you Nash, and you will be missed.

May God grant him his speed as he begins his other journey. You will be missed Nash! :salute:

MarvinWillis
02-25-2007, 05:58 AM
I just got home from, and i seen Damien nash died. I SAID NOOOO!!!!, Than i started to cry because he was human... and he was bronco. I loved his game against the Chargers. I Hope he is up there Broncos mansion with Darrent Williams.
RIP
Damien :salute:

MarvinWillis
02-25-2007, 06:02 AM
man its like 4:35 am here and looking at nfl.com they have nothing on nash's passing! there is just something wrong with that! does the nfl care?
They only care, about Star Players. When Darrent Died he wasn't even on NFL home page, top story. I bet all news stories are going to say Nash was an Upcoming star, like all of a sudden they started to call Darrent a Shut down corner and stuff.

Sorry but its the truth.
RIP Dwill and Damien

wncbronxx
02-25-2007, 06:09 AM
I never got to know Damien Nash, period

This has really been a bad offseason for you guys. If it happened to my team, I know I'd be extremely upset & up in arms. Darrent & Damien were too young & had too much potential.

Thanks for your kind words to Broncomania! What class!

MarvinWillis
02-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks for your kind words to Broncomania! What class!
I know what a classy Raider fan, probably the only one.

Champ4DOP
02-25-2007, 06:40 AM
This really sucks. The whole bronco community just gets over D-Will's death and then this happens. I Just wish the best to his family and the broncos.

Rip Damien Nash

calibroncogrl47
02-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Damien,

You made such an Impact on me during preseason! I saw the talent in you and was so excited when you were signed. You had such a bright furture and it is a shame you were unable to prove it to the unknown. BUT you are in heaven now keeping DWILL company and that sets my mind and heart at ease. You guys im sure are having a blast.. and looking down on us.... Just know that you are missed already!

Prayers and thoughts to all who knew and loved Damien.... and the the entire Bronco Community!~

Thundergirl
02-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Damien was awesome to watch in person. I had the pleasure of seeing him play against SD(even though we lost), it was awesome. My prayers are with everyone that held him close to their heart!

BroncoTouchdown
02-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Damien,

You made such an Impact on me during preseason! I saw the talent in you and was so excited when you were signed. You had such a bright furture and it is a shame you were unable to prove it to the unknown. BUT you are in heaven now keeping DWILL company and that sets my mind and heart at ease. You guys im sure are having a blast.. and looking down on us.... Just know that you are missed already!

Prayers and thoughts to all who knew and loved Damien.... and the the entire Bronco Community!~

I couldn't have said it better myself. R.I.P. Damien Nash, we miss you already.

Day1BroncoFan
02-25-2007, 10:51 PM
For everything there is a season.
For everything is there a reason?
For some things there is a time to cry.
Even though one may live another must die.
We’re brought into life no choice to say.
Our time is brief such a very short stay.
We never know when our death draws near.
We leave behind our loved ones so dear.
We live our lives while leaving our mark.
We hope in someone to ignite a spark.
Remembered is what we all hope to be.
Looking down on earth that spark we hope to see.
Our sparks are shinning up towards the sky.
Our way of telling Damien goodbye.

Broncos_27
02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Rest in peace Damien we will never forget about you......... :salute:

R.I.P. Damian
02-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I have had the honor of watching Damien grow into the player he was today and also wearing the same uniform he had and being on the sideline and playing on the same field he played on.

We were classmates and former teammates at Riverview Gardens we played on the freshman team for a little while till you were really good they moved you up to Varsity.

But my sophomore and junior year at Riverview me and Damien played on Varsity together and I remember the times goofing off in the locker room with him he was a goofy loved to have fun all the time and always had a smile on his face.And chanting that song by Master P to freak the other teams out....LOL! And banging to the beat of Kill Us All by Twista on the lockers in the locker room. I was good at playing ball but never had the talent he had he always talked about playing in the NFL at practice he got his dream and did well.

I will miss you my fellow friend and former teammate! R.I.P. Damien 04/14/82-02/24/07

See ya in the heavenly skies one day homie.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-26-2007, 12:22 AM
I have had the honor of watching Damien grow into the player he was today and also wearing the same uniform he had and being on the sideline and playing on the same field he played on.

We were classmates and former teammates at Riverview Gardens we played on the freshman team for a little while till you were really good they moved you up to Varsity.

But my sophomore and junior year at Riverview me and Damien played on Varsity together and I remember the times goofing off in the locker room with him he was a goofy loved to have fun all the time and always had a smile on his face.And chanting that song by Master P to freak the other teams out....LOL! And banging to the beat of Kill Us All by Twista on the lockers in the locker room. I was good at playing ball but never had the talent he had he always talked about playing in the NFL at practice he got his dream and did well.

I will miss you my fellow friend and former teammate! R.I.P. Damien 04/14/82-02/24/07

See ya in the heavenly skies one day homie.

Welcome to the Site :salute:

thats cool you knew him and stuff.
tough loss :(

and how come your username is DamiAn?

BroncoSexyDaddy
02-26-2007, 12:30 AM

See ya in the heavenly skies one day homie.Thats great to hear some insight on our players.Welcome to the boards R.I.P. Damian :beer:

Poto
02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
My name is Paul LaPota. I played at Coffeyville Community College with Damien. I had heard a great deal about him before joining the team and was excited about playing with him. However, when finally meeting Damien, it was much more. I can sincerely say he was a genuine person and friend. I was there on the open kickoff of the season when he tore his ACL. He felt down, but never doubted himself or his future. We played with several players that are now in the NFL, and I can say that not all successful athletes are as great as a person as Damien was. I just wanted to take the chance to share with people that not only was Damien a good football player, but a fine person as well.

I hope that because of his passing, that his foundation will get the public recognition it deserves. I know ultimately, that's what Damien would have wanted.

I feel blessed I can call Damien a teammate as well as a friend. My heart and prayers goes out to his family.

greaneydrummer80
02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Once again we have lost another bronco too early, i am sure the glimpses of great potential we were shown on the field were nothing compared to the potential greatness he would of showed in life as a man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the family and friends.

22cannon
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
I wish we had more time to get to know you Damien

DawgFanatic
03-23-2007, 02:58 PM
R.I.P Damien Nash....you'll be greatly missed.... :(

SmithOverTO
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
A bump for his memory. :salute:

JerseyAdam
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks man. As a football player I was really excited to see you play next year. Semed you had a lot goin for ya. On a personal level, sucks that your life was so swift-on to bigger and better things though. God Bless.