PDA

View Full Version : More than just a football player...

McKeough
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Football should be the last thing on anyones mind right now.

Nash was a son, a brother, a friend.

Life is a very precious thing, and to have not one, but two taken away so prematurely, and so close apart is beyond words.

I'm sorry to come across as rude, but I've seen posts about how we're now lacking RB depth, and how it needs to be addressed -- these don't belong here.

Condolences go out to the Nash family, and his friends.

R.I.P.

LordPenguin
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM

Life is a very precious thing, and to have not one, but two taken away so prematurely, and so close apart is beyond words.

I'm sorry to come across as rude, but I've seen posts about how we're now lacking RB depth, and how it needs to be addressed -- these don't belong here.

R.I.P.
:salute: :salute:

stnzed
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM

R.I.P.

Same thing happened after the death of Williams! *shrugs*

Bronx84
02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah it's terrible.

KyLewin
02-24-2007, 11:46 PM

R.I.P.

I agree 100%.

My heart and prayers go out to the Nash family and his friends, as well as the Bronco nation as a whole.

Eventually, depth chart issues have to be mentioned - life does go on and someone will have to take Nash's spot on the roster next year - but I hope not to see that come up for at least a few weeks. Let's all grieve before we look at this loss from a depth chart stand point.

R.I.P. Damien, we'll miss you.

DawgFanatic
02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
I feel sorry for you bronco fans, must be tough this offseason...

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS & DAMIEN NASH :salute: :salute: :salute:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-25-2007, 03:05 AM
I agree with you. Those posts make me sick. A few hours after the Broncos game some guy on some site said some Crude joke about Dwill and it made me mad. I mean this is horrible. first D-will dies in a Horrible way. Then when im starting to get over it but still thinking about him another player passes.

I never thought I could lose any players and now i lose 2 players on one team.

This mite be the worst year for any team that i can remember. :(

and i dont want to draft a RB nor do i want to draft a CB :salute:
nor do i care.

If all you can think about is our team needs after losing a player to death then ur not a true fan.

UnderArmour
02-25-2007, 07:10 AM
For what it's worth, everyone was going on about RBs prior to his death.

This whole thing is just unbelievable. Not only losing one Bronco, but two Broncos. I cannot even imagine how the players on the team could feel right now, having to fly out to a second funeral in ONE offseason. We've already lost so much... And the season hasn't even started yet. My heart goes out to Damien Nash's family, and Brandon Marshall.

sooners13
02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm at a loss for words. A guy out doing a charity event for his brother that just received a second chance on life last month with a heart transplant. In the mean time he collapses and passes away.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the Nash family, friends and Broncos organization.

Broncos nation unite and pray for all involved and lets get through this and hope for good things in the near future.

GeneralSterlingPrice
02-25-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree with you. Those posts make me sick. A few hours after the Broncos game some guy on some site said some Crude joke about Dwill and it made me mad. I mean this is horrible. first D-will dies in a Horrible way. Then when im starting to get over it but still thinking about him another player passes.

nor do i care.

If all you can think about is our team needs after losing a player to death then ur not a true fan.

Wow. I bet their families wish they could get over it. My thoughts go out to you for losing 2 players on one team. The Marshall University Thundering Herd football team had a pretty bad year in 1970, And I bet you will care once the season starts.

darrent/hero
02-25-2007, 09:01 AM

R.I.P.

exactly exactly exactly :salute: :salute: :salute:

darrent/hero
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM

nor do i care.

me 2 i was just getting over dwill... then my dad came to wake me up for church this morning.... he told me.. crushed me again just like dwill

I_Only_Like_Jay
02-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I'd say that it may just be one the things that comes to mind.

Three years ago, after I found out that my dentist passed away, my first thought was how sad, then I thought, now which dentist will I go to. It's kind of the same thing. But it's also part of the process.

Snapping Turtle
02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Nice post McK.....I couldn't agree more. :(

broncosROXMYSOX
02-25-2007, 09:45 AM
I agree I mean I can understand if You're talking about how good of a player he was but let's not worry about all the other things. It's offseason right now and we'll get this figured out by regular season. Right now we need to pray for the families and friends of Darrent and Damien...not worry about the game. This is about more than football now.

EMB123903
02-25-2007, 10:23 AM

R.I.P.

RIP DAMIEN NASH my condolences to the Nash family, truly a big loss in the bronco nation, he was a great person and roll model! this is gonna be tough to handle, I cant imagine what his family is going through, just horrible something had to happen like this..

calibroncogrl47
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM

R.I.P.

I agree... Football is not even in my thoughts at this time. It is not important at all!

RIP Nash!... Prayers and Hugs to all his family, friends and teammates... He will be missed!