PDA

View Full Version : Griese

EddyMac87
03-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I was on denverpost.com and read an article that said griese had a chance to be the bucs starter. What a huge mistake for the bucs. LOL. click here (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~2024392,00.html)

BroncoStud102
03-20-2004, 06:58 PM
No kidding lol, haven't they seen him play yet??

Dink and dunk, no liveliness....Griese is a joke.

GoDenver
03-21-2004, 06:31 PM
why do people even mention that word anymore? i call it the "g" word. i mean talking about it is kinda like doin a fat chick. ya, its over and you cant take it back but there's no need to mention it to ANYONE

EddyMac87
03-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by GoDenver
why do people even mention that word anymore? i call it the "g" word. i mean talking about it is kinda like doin a fat chick. ya, its over and you cant take it back but there's no need to mention it to ANYONE LOL

LynchRules
03-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by GoDenver
why do people even mention that word anymore? i call it the "g" word. i mean talking about it is kinda like doin a fat chick. ya, its over and you cant take it back but there's no need to mention it to ANYONE

That was way too funny. I'm still rollin'

GoDenver
03-24-2004, 01:14 AM
...cool, im not the only who laughs at my stuff

Bronczilla
03-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Griese is an excellent QB and his stats speak for themselves. In Denver he was a scapegoat for the Defense, which was the real cause of at least two mediocre seasons during his stint with us.

EddyMac87
03-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Bronczilla
Griese is an excellent QB I didnt read any furter so if your being sarcastic please tell me. LOL

mr336wmg
03-28-2004, 09:54 AM
kinda scary...

EddyMac87
03-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mr336wmg
kinda scary... LOL

BroncoStud102
03-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Griese is an excellent QB and his stats speak for themselves. In Denver he was a scapegoat for the Defense, which was the real cause of at least two mediocre seasons during his stint with us.

Please tell me you are joking dude? If not, please refrain from discussing the intangiables of quarterbacking in the NFL from this point in.

Bronczilla
03-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Only a know-nothing ignoramus would blame Griese for Denver's failings during his stint as our starting QB. Maybe you should stick to watching and commenting on European football, because you just embarrass yourself when you pretend to be an authority on the American game.

Under Griese in '02, Denver had the #2 ranked Offense in the league. Only Oakland was better and then only fractionally so – Denver had 6,090 total yards, Oakland had 6,237.

Griese also had a 66.7 completion percentage. And while our offense was scoring 24.5 pts per game, our defense was giving up 21.5.

While Griese threw only 15 TDs, he also threw only 15 INTs, and the fact that Denver still managed over 6,000 yards (3,214 yds of that came thanks to Brian’s arm) says that he was not only effective in moving the team, but that an outstanding running game lowered his overall numbers.

Denver’s Defense was also ranked #2, but it was massive breakdowns in the defensive secondary and along the defensive front (remember the idiotic 1 man rushes against Oakland?) that caused several important losses (like that humiliating defeat to Oakland). The defense also allowed one fewer point than the offense scored.

The previous year, 2001, Griese threw for 23 TDs and 19 INTs. The offense put up only 4817 yds – which would make them the 21st ranked offense – , but Griese’s arm counted for 2,827 yards of that. Even with the lowered output in yardage, Griese still managed to put up 21.3 pts per game – which really makes them the #10 ranked offense – , while the supposedly #4 ranked defense gave up 21. 2 pts per game – which really makes them the #12 ranked defense.

During the ‘01 season Denver’s O was also faced with an avalanche of injuries, yet poor pathetic Brian Griese still had the offense outperforming the defense in the only area that matters – scoring.

And before you rag on Griese for his ‘01 INTs, that same year Kurt Warner threw 22 INTs and Peyton Manning threw 23.

So now we’re up to the modern age and Plummer is a hero where Griese was a fop. But Plummer has yet to match Griese’s performance and benefitted from 1. A FAR healthier offense and 2. The departure of Ray Rhodes and his moronic defensive schemes, which overcame offensive excellence the previous two seasons.

Plummer threw for only 2,182 yds last years with only 15 TDs, and his completion percentage was lower than Griese’s in the previous two seasons. The offense as a whole had a pretty nice 5598 yds total, but still isn’t up to what Griese squeezed out of it the previous year.

Plummer and the offense scored 23.8 points per game, not as good as Griese’s numbers from the year before. But Denver still went to the playoffs. Why? Because the defense only allowed 18.8 pts per game.

Now, I’ll say it again for those too slow to pick it up before now, or too lazy to do the research on their own; Denver did not fail in ‘01 and ‘02 because of Brian Griese, they failed because of the defense. They also did not succeed in ‘03 because the replaced Griese with Plummer. They succeeded because they got rid of Ray Rhodes and the defense finally started holding up its end of things.

If it makes you feel better to blame Denver’s recent mediocrity on Brian Griese, great. But don’t sit there and pretend that you know anything about football or that anyone who disagrees with you doesn’t.

EddyMac87
03-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Only a know-nothing ignoramus would blame Griese for Denver's failings during his stint as our starting QB. Maybe you should stick to watching and commenting on European football, because you just embarrass yourself when you pretend to be an authority on the American game.

Under Griese in '02, Denver had the #2 ranked Offense in the league. Only Oakland was better and then only fractionally so – Denver had 6,090 total yards, Oakland had 6,237.

Griese also had a 66.7 completion percentage. And while our offense was scoring 24.5 pts per game, our defense was giving up 21.5.

While Griese threw only 15 TDs, he also threw only 15 INTs, and the fact that Denver still managed over 6,000 yards (3,214 yds of that came thanks to Brian’s arm) says that he was not only effective in moving the team, but that an outstanding running game lowered his overall numbers.

Denver’s Defense was also ranked #2, but it was massive breakdowns in the defensive secondary and along the defensive front (remember the idiotic 1 man rushes against Oakland?) that caused several important losses (like that humiliating defeat to Oakland). The defense also allowed one fewer point than the offense scored.

The previous year, 2001, Griese threw for 23 TDs and 19 INTs. The offense put up only 4817 yds – which would make them the 21st ranked offense – , but Griese’s arm counted for 2,827 yards of that. Even with the lowered output in yardage, Griese still managed to put up 21.3 pts per game – which really makes them the #10 ranked offense – , while the supposedly #4 ranked defense gave up 21. 2 pts per game – which really makes them the #12 ranked defense.

During the ‘01 season Denver’s O was also faced with an avalanche of injuries, yet poor pathetic Brian Griese still had the offense outperforming the defense in the only area that matters – scoring.

And before you rag on Griese for his ‘01 INTs, that same year Kurt Warner threw 22 INTs and Peyton Manning threw 23.

So now we’re up to the modern age and Plummer is a hero where Griese was a fop. But Plummer has yet to match Griese’s performance and benefitted from 1. A FAR healthier offense and 2. The departure of Ray Rhodes and his moronic defensive schemes, which overcame offensive excellence the previous two seasons.

Plummer threw for only 2,182 yds last years with only 15 TDs, and his completion percentage was lower than Griese’s in the previous two seasons. The offense as a whole had a pretty nice 5598 yds total, but still isn’t up to what Griese squeezed out of it the previous year.

Plummer and the offense scored 23.8 points per game, not as good as Griese’s numbers from the year before. But Denver still went to the playoffs. Why? Because the defense only allowed 18.8 pts per game.

Now, I’ll say it again for those too slow to pick it up before now, or too lazy to do the research on their own; Denver did not fail in ‘01 and ‘02 because of Brian Griese, they failed because of the defense. They also did not succeed in ‘03 because the replaced Griese with Plummer. They succeeded because they got rid of Ray Rhodes and the defense finally started holding up its end of things.

If it makes you feel better to blame Denver’s recent mediocrity on Brian Griese, great. But don’t sit there and pretend that you know anything about football or that anyone who disagrees with you doesn’t. dude, u really think anyone read that after you called griese a great QB?

Bronczilla
03-28-2004, 05:25 PM
"dude, u really think anyone read that after you called griese a great QB?"

Wow. Talk about a snappy comeback. I'm awed.

If you're too dim to prove your point, we understand. You don't have to embarass yourself by hiding behind a childish "oh huh!" defense.

Now, run off and finish playing with your dollies. Don't you trouble your wittle head with any nasty, wasty facts.

BroncoStud102
03-28-2004, 05:25 PM

If it makes you feel better to blame Denver’s recent mediocrity on Brian Griese, great. But don’t sit there and pretend that you know anything about football or that anyone who disagrees with you doesn’t.

LOL, ok, I think somewhere in this brown nose to Bob and Brian Griese, you called me an idiot....So I will retort to you....

First of all, I WAS A QB, I played football at a high level for 6 years.....

So I DO KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT PRICK......

1. Stats, stats, stats....

Why did Griese have a 66% completion percentage with low yardage?

He threw 5 yard passes! He is the epitomy of dink and dunk offense, he rarely took chances downfield...when he did..GUESS WHAT!!??? HE THREW INTS! He lacks a big time arm....

2. He played with no heart.

When we got down, he was at his WORST. He wasn't a leader, he didn't WANT to be a leader.....He pissed me off to watch....

3. STATS MEAN SQUAT WHEN YOU LOSE BALL GAMES BUD!

Elway had a relatively LOW rating during his first 10 seasons in the NFL.....YET, we made it to 3 Super Bowls....Why is this????

Heart, downfield passing, MAKING PLAYS WHEN HE HAD TO!!!!

NONE OF THESE QUALITIES DOES GRIESE POSSESS...NOT A ONE.

So do yourself a favor, jump on the Tampa bandwagon, and learn something about the technicalities of playing QB, and NOT on Madden 2004.....Playing QB means you have to make plays, lead your team, and never be afraid to take chances...Do WHATEVER it takes to win a game for your team.....

You can sign Griese, I'll take Jake ANY DAY of the week over him.

Thanks anyway clown.

EddyMac87
03-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BroncoStud102
2. He played with no heart. most important...

Bronczilla
03-28-2004, 06:02 PM
"First of all, I WAS A QB, I played football at a high level for 6 years....."

Ohhhhhhh, so you're a has been, or rather, a never was.

I bet while you were playing third string back up "at a high level" you won all kinds of SB rings. Gosh, I bet chicks really throw themselves at you when they find out you couldn't even cut it as a scrub.

If all Griese did was "dink and dunk", where'd that 3,200 yards passing come from in '02? How many five yard passes does it take to accumulate 3,200 yards? You're mighty Jake Plummer fell more than a thousand yards short of that . . . taking shots down the field.

You generalize and understate Griese's ability, because you can't back up your position with facts and logic. Don't worry, though, you can always toss out some more gradeschool name calling. Good thing, since you aren't good for much else.

I can see why you got shoved out of the game after a mere six, bench warming seasons. You have no understanding of the game. . . beyond a few much loved cliches.

With his "dink and dunk" style, lack of heart, and lack leadership ability Greise not only surpassed Plummer in the cosmetic total yards statistic, but in points scored, which is considerably more than cosmetic.

Your Elway example proves my point. Elway could afford statistical mediocrity, because his defense wasn't regularly blowing games for him. Just a Jake could afford a statistically weaker season than Greise, because the defense was playing better in '03 than in it was in '02 and '01.

We didn't start turning things around last year because we switched form Griese to Plummer. The offensive results from the last three seasons are a virtual plateau. We began turning things around because of improved defensive coaching and schemes.

If you'd possessed the ability to understand that you might've been worth a damn as a player. Too bad you didn't follow your own advice and learned something about the technicalities of playing QB.

EddyMac87
03-28-2004, 06:05 PM
"First of all, I WAS A QB, I played football at a high level for 6 years....."

Ohhhhhhh, so you're a has been, or rather, a never was.
lol, hes still probly better then griese.

kenoyripsit28
03-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Well i guess it's confession time Brian Griese is my favourite player .........im not lying i read your post bronczilla and dont worry you are right, Griese is good but it just didnt work for him here, if he gets a shot in tampa he will make it happen.

EddyMac87
04-01-2004, 07:27 PM
^i cant belive what im hearin....this is a bronco site right?^

manwiththeplan
04-03-2004, 11:08 PM
I think he'll fit in nicely with the buc's offensive plan. He was crap with Denver and I'm happy as hell that he's gone. But with the Buc's already lacking three of their key players, and Griese being nothing other than a low mediocre quarterback, this is what they need.

EddyMac87
04-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by manwiththeplan
But with the Buc's already lacking three of their key players, and Griese being nothing other than a low mediocre quarterback, this is what they need. After they lose their start DT, and their defencive captain (lynch) what they need is a sh*t QB? i dont think this was their plan headin into the offseason

muse
04-08-2004, 01:56 AM
All I know is that Al, Trev and Kenoy are going to have a few things to say to him...after they've slammed him into the turf.

EddyMac87
04-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by muse
All I know is that Al, Trev and Kenoy are going to have a few things to say to him...after they've slammed him into the turf. yep, but i'd rather see them break portis's legs!