PDA

View Full Version : Dillon?!?

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:06 PM
Is Dillon a good fit for the Denver Broncos. I feel that Q cannot get the job done, I love Q and hope he remains a Denver Bronco, but Denver needs a power runner. A solid between the tackles type of runner who not only will knock you over but will hurt you in the process. I like Corey Dillon, he seems to be a run straight and hit the hole type of guy. My only concern is; will Dillon fit with the Broncos? Part of me says yes; trade for him right away while part of me says; forget it and look towards the draft. I was looking for others view on Dillon becoming a Denver Bronco.

Booher
03-22-2004, 09:06 PM
no! he's a crybaby cancer

EddyMac87
03-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kwanzi
My only concern is; will Dillon fit with the Broncos?Thats your concern?

FORGET ABOUT DILLION. IT WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE!!!

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:12 PM
Denver needs a feature back...

Booher
03-22-2004, 09:13 PM
i'm happy with Q

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Q is way to small the minute a huge 300+lbs Ted Washington or Warren Sapp falls on him its over. Yeah he had a great game against the Colts. The Colts are not the greatest defense in the world. Are you gonna tell me that you would not be the least bit hesitant to send Q in if the season were on the line?

DistilledFun
03-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Q is way to small the minute a huge 300+lbs Ted Washington or Warren Sapp falls on him its over. Yeah he had a great game against the Colts. The Colts are not the greatest defense in the world. Are you gonna tell me that you would not be the least bit hesitant to send Q in if the season were on the line?

yes they would kill Q but they have to catch him first... thats why Q can start he is small and isnt caught easy

jplummer16
03-22-2004, 09:19 PM
We don't need dillon...If for some reason Q can't handle the carries we still have Anderson who has been a feature back for us before, and Droughns/Galloway who need a chance to prove themselves.

EddyMac87
03-22-2004, 09:20 PM
kwanzi, you've got to be kidding me

Dillion the next dale carter.

Too much money

Not worth the draft pick

Dillion is 30 years old, he's got 1 mediocre year left

Q will be a hell of a lot better then Dillion

broncofan303
03-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Booher
i'm happy with Q

I second that!! Q...

EddyMac87
03-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
Q... Agreed

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm not sayin Dillon. but WHO?!? Denver has thrived on a featured back. Q does not have it. He is great. He's speedy. He can out run anybody. Could he take the punishment of a full NFL season? I don't think so. Who's gonna be there when Q falls. Galloway? He's got his own injury issues then what? Anderson? If Anderson is gonna be the featured back he should be so from the satrt but I have seen nothing to tell me that Anderson will be the man.

Qistheman
03-22-2004, 09:24 PM
i dont know what dillons stats physical stats are, but i bet Q is stronger in both squat and bench(495, 375), than dillon is. he has enough power and speed combo to be great (new 40 4.36)

jbones733
03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
i am content w Q , i have faith in shanny, i dont want Dillon at all, I would like to draft a back in the draft & go with Q, Galloway & our rook

jplummer16
03-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Qistheman
i dont know what dillons stats physical stats are, but i bet Q is stronger in both squat and bench(495, 375), than dillon is. he has enough power and speed combo to be great (new 40 4.36)

Thank you for bringing up those stats. What people tend to do is look at his height and say he can't be a feature back but in reality he has more mass than what portis has. Portis is a good bit taller then Q and yet they weigh about the same. And damn he so quick and fast.

Qistheman
03-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by jplummer16
Thank you for bringing up those stats. What people tend to do is look at his height and say he can't be a feature back but in reality he has more mass than what portis has. Portis is a good bit taller then Q and yet they weigh about the same. And damn he so quick and fast.

anytime, just backing up my boy, Q. trying to set some people straight

broncofan303
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jplummer16

yeah Q is a strong dude .. in Oklahoma he was squating more than each LB they had, and they had some good ones...

broncofan303
03-22-2004, 09:33 PM
anytime, just backing up my boy, Q. trying to set some people straight

Glad you can appreciate a great runner not a runner who's stat's are high...

....Q....

kcarr26
03-22-2004, 09:33 PM
as i said ina post before..dillon is a washed up one day wonder....thanx lewis, go sell some more coke:duh:

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:35 PM
How many carries did Q have? Are you ready to hand over the reins to him? An untested phenom. I feel evertyone is getting me wrong Q was the man. I'm just worried about his reliability. Can He play the full 16 game as the featured back?

Qistheman
03-22-2004, 09:35 PM
i watched him for 3 1/2 years after they burned his redshirt, he is the man, i loved watching him play, and this past year i taped every game i knew he was going to play in, he is a stud( that is one large run-on sentence)

EddyMac87
03-22-2004, 09:37 PM
How many carries did Q have? I dont keep track

Are you ready to hand over the reins to him? Is it really my decision

An untested phenom. So has all the backs we've plugged in for the past 10 years
I'm just worried about his reliability. [/B][/QUOTE] Hes reliable

Can He play the full 16 game as the featured back? Did portis?

Orange_Crush21
03-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by EddyMac87
I dont keep track

Is it really my decision

So has all the backs we've plugged in for the past 10 years
I'm just worried about his reliability. Hes reliable

Did portis? [/B][/QUOTE]
agree with that.

mrsolo
03-22-2004, 09:44 PM
i watched him for 3 1/2 years after they burned his redshirt, he is the man, i loved watching him play, and this past year i taped every game i knew he was going to play in, he is a stud( that is one large run-on sentence)

Hey Qistheman. Did you tape the Denver/Indy game from December, Q's 136 yard day? If so, is there ANY way I could get a copy of that from you? I still have not seen it and it's driving me CRAZY. I'm a huge Griffin fan, as well as a Sooner fan, and I've been lookin everywhere for that game. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

GoDenver
03-22-2004, 09:45 PM
we're fine with Droughns and Griffin. we dont need Dillon.

kwanzi
03-22-2004, 09:45 PM
I loved watching Q play. I'm just saying if I were Shanahan I would be hesitant to make Q my featured back. It could work out, I'm not trying to take anything away from Q I love having him a Denver Bronco. If Q is the choice may he be the next Terrel Davis, Mike Anderson, or any other in the long list of Denver running backs.

GoDenver
03-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by mrsolo
Hey Qistheman. Did you tape the Denver/Indy game from December, Q's 136 yard day? If so, is there ANY way I could get a copy of that from you? I still have not seen it and it's driving me CRAZY. I'm a huge Griffin fan, as well as a Sooner fan, and I've been lookin everywhere for that game. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out.

bro... you missed that game? that sucks!

mrsolo
03-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Quentin carried the ball 287 times his senior year at Oklahoma. In a game against the Raiders this year, he took a cheap shot from Romanowski, and got drilled by Charles Woodson. Both times he popped right back up and headed back to the huddle. He can take a hit as well as just about anybody.

mrsolo
03-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by GoDenver
bro... you missed that game? that sucks!

Yeah, tell me about it. I dont' have ESPN, and I was in my truck during the part of the game. I got it on ESPN Radio, and the announcers were going crazy over Q. It was torture not getting to see it.

jplummer16
03-22-2004, 09:50 PM
I loved watching Q play. I'm just saying if I were Shanahan I would be hesitant to make Q my featured back. It could work out, I'm not trying to take anything away from Q I love having him a Denver Bronco. If Q is the choice may he be the next Terrel Davis, Mike Anderson, or any other in the long list of Denver running backs.

Its hard to predict how good Q can be as our main back. But like i said before, if he doesn't preform well, we still have Anderson, who i'm sure is dieing to get some more carries

orang/blu in LA
03-22-2004, 09:58 PM
From what i've seen i have faith in Q. Pat Bowlen is on the NFL channel right now, and he said (when asked about running backs) that we have some good ones and that there are also some in college that we're looking at and if we can get them then great. I'm not too familiar with college ball - who do you guys think he's talking about? (time for me to do some research!)

Qistheman
03-24-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by mrsolo

i had it and my room mate taped over, and then i beat him up, so were no longer roommates. sorry

mrsolo
03-24-2004, 03:10 PM
i had it and my room mate taped over, and then i beat him up, so were no longer roommates. sorry

Hey no problem. Guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks man.