PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Jones

myoung
03-23-2004, 11:33 AM
I know alot of you have been pressing to pick up Jones in round 1. While Stephen Jackson is moving up the board, Jones had a problem at the Virginia Tech pro timing day. He ran three 40s. All in the 4.6s.....

vicious2500
03-23-2004, 11:38 AM
By the time our pick comes he'll be gone the patriots have the ravens pick right before our pick and if Kevin Jones gets by Dallas and I think its seattle. The chances of us getting Kevin Jones are just as slim as me getting into the NFL.

rcsodak
03-23-2004, 11:41 AM
...like africangoshdarn.....?????:D

GSRelyea
03-23-2004, 11:43 AM
With all of the free agent pickups, that have filled many of the holes that the team had, don't you guys think that packaging a couple of picks to move up in the draft is becoming a possibility?
I think Jackson is a stud and would be worth making a move for, and he will def. not be around at the 24th pick.

vicious2500
03-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah african god has fallen off the map much like those bucs.

NJBRONCOSFAN
03-23-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm telling all of you two words - Julius Jones!!! He fits the mold of Portis, which is to say quick and strong and he'll be available on the second day of the draft.

myoung
03-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
I'm telling all of you two words - Julius Jones!!! He fits the mold of Portis, which is to say quick and strong and he'll be available on the second day of the draft.

Also Randy starks and an iffy workout and experts say he might drop a little bit in the draft. this is a guy the broncos org is really hot on.....

NJBRONCOSFAN
03-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Yea, he had problems with academics, etc. at Notre Dame but he got his s@$! together and was back this past year, showed flashes of brilliance. Julius Jones is the type of running back that the Broncos look for, draft in a late round, and turn into a pro-bowler! He went to ND, so he can handle pressure, and he's so quick and strong. he reminds me so much of portis

myoung
03-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Yea, he had problems with academics, etc. at Notre Dame but he got his s@$! together and was back this past year, showed flashes of brilliance. Julius Jones is the type of running back that the Broncos look for, draft in a late round, and turn into a pro-bowler! He went to ND, so he can handle pressure, and he's so quick and strong. he reminds me so much of portis

He is not as fast as Portis. In fact, he is not as fast as Bell. I am not sure if I prefer Jones or Bell at this point. I want to get one thing straight jones will not be a late round pick. He will most likely go in round 3. He is not a sixth rounder like Davis was. Portis was not a late rounder either. he went in the second round.....

NJBRONCOSFAN
03-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Yo, let me apologize. When i say late round, I meant to say 2nd day of the draft. I hope I didn't say Portis was a late-rounder, cuz he definitely wasn't. Also though, I could see Jones slipping to the 5th round, because there are question marks about him.

NJBRONCOSFAN
03-23-2004, 01:49 PM
You said he's not as fast as Bell? I'm not familar with who Bell is. Fill me in friend.

myoung
03-23-2004, 02:00 PM
You said he's not as fast as Bell? I'm not familar with who Bell is. Fill me in friend.

Tatum Bell from Oklahoma State. at the combine Bell ran a 4.37 and J. Jones ran a 4.45...

most draft analysts have Bell rated slightly higher than Jones and that they will go in the third round. Possibly slide to the fourth. I agree Jones would be a steal if he was there the second day but his workouts have been to good for him to fall that far. If we want him I think it will take a third rounder to get him....

Gbt31
03-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Bell has possiblity of going late second around early third, his 40 time is way to fast, and his numbers are way to great for him to slip into second day.

O&B_Forever
03-23-2004, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't take either. If it works, don't 'fix' it. We draft backs that fit our style of offense. What we don't do is change our offense to fit the style of the running back. Period. We'll take a back that works for our running scheme, specifically, the stretch-play. We have too many other needs to be picking a damn Running Back in the first couple of rounds.

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Ok, one thing about Jones' 4.6 40 time: Scouts said that it was due to him having trouble getting off the line, but he has run in the 4.4's consistently before that last timing. That was confirmed on a few websites as well as last weeks Pro Football Weekly's Draft Coverage. I don't think anyone should worry about how fast Jones is. Trust me.

myoung
03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
Ok, one thing about Jones' 4.6 40 time: Scouts said that it was due to him having trouble getting off the line, but he has run in the 4.4's consistently before that last timing. That was confirmed on a few websites as well as last weeks Pro Football Weekly's Draft Coverage. I don't think anyone should worry about how fast Jones is. Trust me.

I know he is fast. The times just really surprised me. He used to be a track guy. Getting off the line should not be a problem for him and three times in a row. The reason I posted this is that the times may help his stock drop a little bit which could be good news for some of you. At his current level I think he is gone by the time we pick. But if he drops you never know.

I would still prefer a WR in round 1 so I don't care much either way about Jones.

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Jones just better hope he goes to a team with an O-line and a passing game.

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:04 PM
As sure as i am that Pat Bowlen is smoking crack when he compares John Lynch (who is a great player) to my man Steve"dont cripple me please" Atwater ...I am sure that we dont need to draft a high RB.......i dont know why but i have faith in Q.

Maybe it has to do with TD or maybe OG or maybe MA or maybe even CP ....but i feel confident that we make good running backs out of mediocre ones and great ones out of good ones....and although he may not be great yet....i feel that griff is a notch above mediocre....... This is our year fellas..........Just imagine if elway would have had as good of blocking way back when?

Hed have more rings than a Mr. T starter kit.

Mr. Chaz
03-23-2004, 11:31 PM
I honestly don't like Bell, he can't block for crap, it's probably his biggest weakness. I heard he shies away from taking on linebackers and safeties, but I forget where from.

myoung
03-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Chaz
I honestly don't like Bell, he can't block for crap, it's probably his biggest weakness. I heard he shies away from taking on linebackers and safeties, but I forget where from.

That is in his bio everywhere. You can add that he was benched last year in college for fumbling to much....

Mr. Chaz
04-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I also heard he was benched last year in college for fumbling too much. I'd prefer JJ anyway.