PDA

View Full Version : The official Arizona Diamondbacks thread!!!!

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
There is a thread for virtually every other team, so I figured I would make one for my team :D

I believe that the D-Backs are a year or two away from making a serious push for another NL Championship, but I also believe that they could win the NL Worst this season as well....

They have 4 pitchers that were their respective teams opening day starters last season in Webb, The Unit, Livan Hernandez and Doug Davis....

They also have the sickest farm system in the league and a lot of those kids are going to be major contributors to the ball club this season:

Stephen Drew - SS
Connor Jackson - 1B
Justin Upton (maybe) - all over the place
Carlos Quentin - OF
Chris Young - CF
Alberto Callaspo - IF
Dustin Nippert - P
Miguel Montero - C

The future is BRIGHT for the snakes :rockon:

Oh yeah, I am stoked they finally got rid of that purple and are sporting a much improved look in the red and black :salute:

keithbishop
04-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Good luck to RJ in his quest for 300 wins, though i see he will open the season on the DL.

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Your farm system may be nice, but I know for a fact that the top rated systems (even in the eyes of experts) is the Yankees and the Rockies. ;)

Snapping Turtle
04-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Ugh.

Good Luck I guess. :P

DawgFanatic
04-01-2007, 04:33 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2007, 04:33 PM
:) :) :)

One more day! :D

Good luck to ya guys. May the best team win!

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Your farm system may be nice, but I know for a fact that the top rated systems (even in the eyes of experts) is the Yankees and the Rockies. ;)

I beg to differ....

All of last year, I heard over and over again that the top two farm systems top to bottom were....

1. D-Backs

2. Dodgers

People rank farm systems and from what I understand, the best two reside in the NL West and one of them is not the Rockies....

Snapping Turtle
04-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I beg to differ....

All of last year, I heard over and over again that the top two farm systems top to bottom were....

1. D-Backs

2. Dodgers

People rank farm systems and from what I understand, the best two reside in the NL West and one of them is not the Rockies....

That is different now. Rockies are #2.

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Good luck to RJ in his quest for 300 wins, though i see he will open the season on the DL.

Yup, but from what I gather he should be pitching come mid/end of April....

Hopefully that back holds up, he definetely deserves to get to 300 :salute:

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I beg to differ....

1. D-Backs

2. Dodgers

Hmmm... we will see. Rockies are playing a lot of rookies, so lets see who's is better. ;)

Snapping Turtle
04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
CLICK (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=5870)

Baseball America also has Rockies ranked two. :coffee:

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
This ESPN writer has Rockies at #2 and Arizona at #3.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove06/columns/story?columnist=law_keith&id=2742549

;)

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:44 PM
That is different now. Rockies are #2.

You and CinnaBunBun ;) could be correct....

I know that I heard quite a few times last season that the D-Backs and Dodgers were the top two, however, with the number of players that are moved in the off-season, the rankings may have changed....

I hope the Rockies are up there, as they are my second favorite team....

Kinda hard to root for them though when they are in your division :goofy:

Anyhow, good luck to the Rockies, lets knock the Padres off from the top :rockon: :salute:

CinnaMunMun
04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
You and CinnaBunBun ;) could be correct....

I know that I heard quite a few times last season that the D-Backs and Dodgers were the top two, however, with the number of players that are moved in the off-season, the rankings may have changed....

I hope the Rockies are up there, as they are my second favorite team....

Kinda hard to root for them though when they are in your division :goofy:

Anyhow, good luck to the Rockies, lets knock the Padres off from the top :salute:

And the Dodgers. I hate them :laugh:

Good luck tomorrow! :D

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Good links y'all :salute:

The fact that many of the D-Backs that were helping put them way up there are on the big league team (Carlos Quenton, Stephen Drew, Chris Young, etc.) prolly knocked them down a bit....

I stand corrected :cheers:

TR3Y
04-01-2007, 04:47 PM
And the Dodgers. I hate them :laugh:

Good luck tomorrow! :D

And to the Rockies as well :cheers:

DawgFanatic
04-01-2007, 04:58 PM
whohooooo mets vs stl this sunday night.. :rockon:

DawgFanatic
04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
whoho 8 to 6 d-backs winning bottom of the 8th

DawgFanatic
04-02-2007, 04:25 PM
D-BACKS WIN!!! :rockon:

8-6 over rockies

come from behind win, thanks to eric byrnes :D

papa grande should be a monster again this year (jose valverde)

TR3Y
04-02-2007, 06:39 PM
D-BACKS WIN!!! :rockon:

8-6 over rockies

come from behind win, thanks to eric byrnes :D

papa grande should be a monster again this year (jose valverde)

Word up Dawg :rockon:

Great way to start the season, finally ended that 4 game opening day losing streak....

And I agree, Papa Grande should have a MONSTER year :rockon: :rockon:

Snapping Turtle
04-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Good Game. :(

TR3Y
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Good Game. :(

Thanks!! :rockon:

You are a good sport :cheers:

BVP
04-02-2007, 06:47 PM

Im not! I hate the D-Bags. :fight:

Snapping Turtle
04-02-2007, 06:47 PM

I guess so.

I just hate Eric Byrnes...he always, always OWNS us. :sad:

TR3Y
04-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Im not! I hate the D-Bags. :fight:

:P

Sucks to be you :D

J/K, hard to root for a division team, huh???

BVP
04-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Sucks to be you :D

J/K, hard to root for a division team, huh???

I just have always hated them ever since they became a franchise. Almost as much as the Dodgers.

CinnaMunMun
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
How about DEM APPLES?! :D

Good game D-Backs, these games are fun to watch!

BVP
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey, Dawgfanatic, we own U guys. Thats what you get for being cocky. :salute:

DawgFanatic
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey, Dawgfanatic, we own U guys. Thats what you get for being cocky. :salute:
lmao, dam, i'll eat my words, good game man...

Snapping Turtle
Great, GREAT game!

Had me scared for a minute!

Love playing you guys, always fun! :salute:

CinnaMunMun
Do we play you guys tomorrow?

BVP
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
lmao, dam, i'll eat my words, good game man...

lol. Better change you profile. 1-1!

DawgFanatic
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
lol. Better change you profile. 1-1!
done lol..........

TR3Y
04-07-2007, 10:20 PM
1st place baby :rockon:

If not for a blown save by "Papa Grande" the D-Backs would be 5-1....

Go Snakes :D

CinnaMunMun
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
1st place baby :rockon:

If not for a blown save by "Papa Grande" the D-Backs would be 5-1....

Go Snakes :D

I thought the Rockies own the tiebreaker?

TR3Y
04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I thought the Rockies own the tiebreaker?

Not sure what you mean :confused:

The Rockies beat us 2 out of 3, but the Rockies have already had a day off and the D-Backs have not, so the D-Backs and 4-2, whereas the rest of the division minus the Dodgers :rockon: is 3-2....

CinnaMunMun
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Not sure what you mean :confused:

The Rockies beat us 2 out of 3, but the Rockies have already had a day off and the D-Backs have not, so the D-Backs and 4-2, whereas the rest of the division minus the Dodgers :rockon: is 3-2....

Oic, for some reason I thought the Padres didn't have the day off.

TR3Y
04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Oic, for some reason I thought the Padres didn't have the day off.

Oops, I lied, it's the Giants that are in dead last :P

Arizona 4 - 2

San Diego 3 - 2

LA Dodgers 3 - 2

Colorado 3 - 2

San Francisco 1- 4

DawgFanatic
04-08-2007, 09:14 AM
whooohoo lets keep it that way the whole season..... :rockon:

DawgFanatic
04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
WASHINGTON -- Livan Hernandez held the Nationals hitless for 5 2/3 innings and worked seven scoreless innings as the D-backs completed the four-game sweep with a 3-1 win Sunday afternoon in front of 17,224 at RFK Stadium in Washington.

It was just the fourth four-game sweep in franchise history as the D-backs completed their opening-season road trip with a 5-2 mark.

Hernandez (1-0) allowed his former teammates three hits over seven shutout innings. The first hit against him was a Ryan Zimmerman double with two outs in the sixth.

Arizona jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first inning on RBIs from Orlando Hudson and Eric Byrnes.

The D-backs, who never trailed in this series, added a run in the eighth when Chris Young's infield single scored Scott Hairston.

Jose Valverde closed things out for the D-backs to pick up his third save in four chances.
____

once again, thanks for livian nats!!! :rockon:

first place baby!!

SmithOverTO
04-08-2007, 07:37 PM
What I'd give for the Rockies to have a four game series with the Nationals right now...

mdterps
04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
What I'd give for the Rockies to have a four game series with the Nationals right now...

Whoa there, careful what you wish for... you never wanna fight a wounded animal.

SmithOverTO
04-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Whoa there, careful what you wish for... you never wanna fight a wounded animal.

Rockies went 8-0 against the Nats last year ;)

I know, I know...but....

TR3Y
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Great 4 game sweep of the Nats :rockon:

Keep it rollin' Backs :salute:

DawgFanatic
04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
5 game winning streak, beat the reds 3-2 come from behind, o-dawg (orlando hudson) hit the go in front homerun, and valverde finished it.

SmithOverTO
04-10-2007, 09:25 AM
5 wins in a row, D-backs very impressive :salute:

DawgFanatic
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
whohooooooo walk off game winning hit SCOTT HAIRSTON!! :rockon: 5-4

6 GAME WINNING STREAK!!

CinnaMunMun
04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Could you guys please lose a bit. ;)

DawgFanatic
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Could you guys please lose a bit. ;)
hehe chad tracy has been hitting very well lately, o dawg is also on fire, he has scored atleast a run in each of the 10 games this season.

SmithOverTO
04-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Damn 6 games, fellas, very impressive.

Rockies need to get out of LA with another win and then try to slow you guys down...

DawgFanatic
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Damn 6 games, fellas, very impressive.

Rockies need to get out of LA with another win and then try to slow you guys down...
thanks bud, i can't wait to face the rocks again... :rockon: maybe i'll go to a game if the money is right.

TR3Y
04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Owings is going for a 2-0 start tonight as the D-Backs look to make it 7 in a row and add another sweep to their early season resume :rockon:

GO D-BACKS :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

By the way I am going to the Dodgers game this coming Monday, I will be about 20 rows up just above the visitors dugout (perfect foul ball territory) :rockon:

anton...
04-11-2007, 07:06 PM
its official...

this team sucks...

:coffee:

TR3Y
04-11-2007, 07:08 PM
its official...

this team sucks...

:coffee:

Are we in a Giants thread :confused:

anton...
04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Are we in a Giants thread :confused:

we are?!?! :O

:confused:

DawgFanatic
04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
tough loss, 3-2 to the reds.. :sad:

TR3Y
04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
tough loss, 3-2 to the reds.. :sad:

Oh well, I will take 7 out of 10 all year :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

WhoDeyBengals
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Good series, guys.

We didn't capitalize on the plethora of opportunities your team gave us, and you lit up our relievers for runs in each game.

I thought for sure we'd beat you during the game Arroyo pitched, but oh well.

Good luck the rest of the way (until you play us again, that is.;) )

DawgFanatic
04-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Good series, guys.

We didn't capitalize on the plethora of opportunities your team gave us, and you lit up our relievers for runs in each game.

I thought for sure we'd beat you during the game Arroyo pitched, but oh well.

Good luck the rest of the way (until you play us again, that is.;) )
thanks, how do you like tom brenamen (sp) ? He was a GREAT commentator next to gracy down here, he was with us for 9 years, i miss him very much :sad: and goodluck to you guys too..... :salute:

TR3Y
04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
thanks, how do you like tom brenamen (sp) ? He was a GREAT commentator next to gracy down here, he was with us for 9 years, i miss him very much :sad: and goodluck to you guys too..... :salute:

He was a GREAT color guy!!!!

Big ups to the D-Backs for letting him walk when he was still under contract....

They realized that he had a dream opportunity available to him to be able to announce with his dad in his hometown....

Just shows you how classy the D-Backs are as an organization :salute:

WhoDeyBengals
04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Thom Brenneman is GREAT. He is such an improvement over the last guy that we had on the radio, and now he's reunited with his dad, Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brenneman. I love listening to baseball games even more than I like watching them, if you can believe that! :beer:

SmithOverTO
04-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Good game guys...Byrnes is a frickin beast.

DawgFanatic
04-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Good game guys...Byrnes is a frickin beast.
thanks, you guys played a great game, too great infact :ugh:

SmithOverTO
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
thanks, you guys played a great game, too great infact :ugh:

Yeah, our bullpen and 2 out hitting was fantastic :smug:

We got Webb which was really lucky.

TR3Y
05-25-2007, 09:02 PM
WOW!!!!

Rookie Mark Reynolds is straight up killing it :eek:

Tonight is only his 10th game and he already has three 3-hit games and tonight he is 4-4 and just a double away from hitting for the cycle!!!!

He has reached safely in 9 out of 10 games and has at least 1 hit in 8 out of 10....

He is batting like .450 :salute:

Go Reynolds go!!!!!

:rockon:

TR3Y
05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
D-Backs win again, although, Papa Grande had to make things a little to interesting in the bottom of the 9th :fight:

7 quality starts in a row for the D-Backs starting pitchers :rockon: :salute: :D :rockon:

TR3Y
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
D-Backs win again!!!!

They made it 6 in a row with their 11-5 victory over the Phillies today....

Rookie pitcher Micah Owings got the win to push his record to 4-1....

Go Backs!!!!

TR3Y
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
It sucks being the only one that posts in here.....

*cough, cough* Dawg :D

TR3Y
06-07-2007, 09:29 AM
11 out of 12 for the Snakes!!!! :rockon:

1st place baby!!!!

:salute:

TR3Y
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Man it sucks being the only fan of the hottest team in baseball (them and KB's Yankees anyways)!!!!

Anywho, just had to bump my thread a bit, the Snakes surely deserve some praise for the recent tear they are on!!!!

GO D-BACKS!!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
08-19-2007, 05:13 AM
:eek: @ Micah Owings.
Damn what an amazing performance by him.

Probably the best hitting performance by a pitcher that I have seen.
And the D-backs keep on rolling.

I feel good knowing that the Yankees swept the D-backs.
They are a pretty good team. :salute:

thatkidhunt
08-19-2007, 06:09 PM
I been talkin bout Micah Owings right bout the time Grace did, and the kid is not only a very solid pitcher, but a monster at the dish (Melvin uses him to ph). I believe he went to Georgia Tech and last night at the game he had 40+ family member in Atlanta watching him play for the first time as a Major Leaguer........What a perfomance to say the least (jus unbelievable)

as far as the DBACKS go

Yes, i am a die-hard fan, the ups the down, but they are a serious threat to win the NL even with their miniscule payroll (in which 1/3 goes to "the Unit" and hes pitched in bout 4 games, and was horrible in 3)

Justin Upton......jus another dbacks farm system gem

There are a lot of games left vs the WEST, so they jus gotta keep winning series

already got 9 in a row.....go backz

o and im pulling for the rockz to get the card.......i hate the pads and the dodgers that much.

TR3Y
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM
The D-Backs and Padres wrapped up their season series against each other last night with the D-Backs taking the game 9-6 against Jake Peavy and winning the series 3-2....

Good bounce back series after going to San Diego and losing 3 of 4 last week....

Even better that they found a way to win the series after getting smoked in game 1 by Maddux and co. and then having ot face Chris Young and Peavy the last two games of the series!!!!

The Snakes won the season series 10-8 versus San Diego!!!!

Should be a hell of a run to the finish line!!!!

thatkidhunt
09-06-2007, 02:55 PM
D-BACKS and Broncos in October...........its goint to happen.

YES!:salute:

The D-Backs and Padres wrapped up their season series against each other last night with the D-Backs taking the game 9-6 against Jake Peavy and winning the series 3-2....

Good bounce back series after going to San Diego and losing 3 of 4 last week....

Even better that they found a way to win the series after getting smoked in game 1 by Maddux and co. and then having ot face Chris Young and Peavy the last two games of the series!!!!

The Snakes won the season series 10-8 versus San Diego!!!!

Should be a hell of a run to the finish line!!!!

TR3Y
09-09-2007, 08:23 PM
The D-Backs just swept the Cards out of town and in doing so opened up a 3 game lead in the NL West!!!!

Thanks to all the Rockies and their fans for helping out the soon to be NL West Champs :salute:

thatkidhunt
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
yep, I got my playoff tickets lined up!!!!!!!!

The D-Backs just swept the Cards out of town and in doing so opened up a 3 game lead in the NL West!!!!

Thanks to all the Rockies and their fans for helping out the soon to be NL West Champs :salute:

TR3Y
09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Still in 1st in the NL West although only by a game :sad:

Also, coupled with the win last night - kudos to rookie pitcher Micha Owings on the gem last night :salute: - and the Mets meltdown they are dealing with....the Snakes would have the #1 seed in the NL if it ended today :rockon:

Keep it up D-Backs :rockon:

TR3Y
09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
The snakes are in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

SmithOverTO
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Congrats on winning the West and homefield advantage fellas :rockon:

Now...go easy on us, wont ya? :D

thatkidhunt
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Game 1 was great, had great seats, and we did what we needed to win the ballgame.........every analyst out there is overlooking the SNAKES!!!

The team with a 25yr old age average on the team, with #s that have continued to make people:confused: all season!!!!!!

It's called "Anybody Anytime", been our motto all year, and it is true day in and day out.

This team MAY not win it all this year, but the D-BACKZ are going to be good for years to come..........

Our AAA system is second to NONE!

Go BABY BACKS!!!!!!

See you at Chase Field tomorrow too!!!!!

CinnaMunMun
10-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Congrats on the win today D-Backs! Webb pitched another gem (not a surprise at all).

Nothing against you guys in the slightest, but I want you guys to win as I don't want the Rockies to maybe play the Cubs. Rockies just stink against the Cubs, almost guaranteed. Plus it would be awesome if two NL West teams went to the NLCS. :D

thatkidhunt
10-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Congrats on the win today D-Backs! Webb pitched another gem (not a surprise at all).

Nothing against you guys in the slightest, but I want you guys to win as I don't want the Rockies to maybe play the Cubs. Rockies just stink against the Cubs, almost guaranteed. Plus it would be awesome if two NL West teams went to the NLCS. :D

It's funny, all the D-Backs fans are pulling for the Rox to win against the Phills, and it seems all the Rox fans are pulling for the D-Backs to beat the Cubbies...........

I personally think that these are THE two best teams in the NL (Right Now)

Mets and Padres are BETTER teams then the Rox and Backs on PAPER, but PAPER doesnt translate into team chemistry and DESTINY!!!!!!!

Im calling for a D-BACKS ROX NLCS too!!!! and at that point........

Let the best YOUNG team with an amazing AAA system win!!!!!

Good Luck Rockies (ive been sayin Rocks for the card since l8 JULY)

thatkidhunt
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
It's getting close to game time baby!!!!

Im headed down to Chase Field a little early tonight!!!!!

Catch up with yall later!!!!!

Go Dbacks!!!

TR3Y
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Let's go D.D. :rockon:

Follow up Webbie's gem with one of your own tonight :salute:

GO SNAKES!!!!

thatkidhunt
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok, Im leaving now.......

Had to watch the first part of the Yankees game, sorry JAYCUTLERMVP, I took the Indians @ home....

All my family is from OHIO.

AND my best friend is a YANKEES fan, so I love to give em crap all the time.

any who.......GO SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost wish Micah Owings was pitching this game, that way we could use him to drive in about 3-4 runs, plus im not sold on Doug Davis, and can't stand Livan Hernandez:sad:

We will see what happens, now to the ball park I go!!!

"Anybody, Anytime.":salute:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
10-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok, Im leaving now.......

Had to watch the first part of the Yankees game, sorry JAYCUTLERMVP, I took the Indians @ home....

All my family is from OHIO.

AND my best friend is a YANKEES fan, so I love to give em crap all the time.

any who.......GO SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost wish Micah Owings was pitching this game, that way we could use him to drive in about 3-4 runs, plus im not sold on Doug Davis, and can't stand Livan Hernandez:sad:

We will see what happens, now to the ball park I go!!!

"Anybody, Anytime.":salute:

:laugh:
How much did you bet on them?

And yea tough loss but it only counts as 1.

Congrats to the D-backs. :salute:

Rockies/Dbacks for the NL.

2 young teams.

Should be fun. :rockon:

TR3Y
10-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Who would have predicted that the Snakes and Rox would be battling it out for the NL back in March :confused:

Granted they both still have to win another game, but I do believe that come Sunday....both the Rox and Snakes will be headed towards a game 1 @ Chase Field for the beginning of the NLCS :rockon:

GO D-BACKS!!!!

thatkidhunt
10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Who would have predicted that the Snakes and Rox would be battling it out for the NL back in March :confused:

Granted they both still have to win another game, but I do believe that come Sunday....both the Rox and Snakes will be headed towards a game 1 @ Chase Field for the beginning of the NLCS :rockon:

GO D-BACKS!!!!

Roger that 10-4, over and out:salute:

Schroedog
10-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I will be so stoked if its a Rox vs D-Backs NLCS, neither of these teams get any credit from the media so we'll show them that the the west is best in the NL.

The D-backs had the best record in the NL and all the media will talk about is their run differential, and the Cubs 99 year WS drought.

Rockies win 16 of 17 and all the media talk is about how our closer might of cheated by dumping water on his jersey and when the Phillies bats will wake up, they will slaughter the Rockies.

Both teams are very similar too, with young not too well known kids with a ton of talent playing their hardest! these teams will be exciting for a while and it should be a great rivalry in the future.

I hope of both of our teams make it to the NLCS, this would make for a great matchup! And if you guys beat us I will definitely root for you in the WS.

Congrats on a great season too. :salute:

SmithOverTO
10-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I just want to see a Southwest NLCS!

lex
10-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I will be so stoked if its a Rox vs D-Backs NLCS, neither of these teams get any credit from the media so we'll show them that the the west is best in the NL.

The D-backs had the best record in the NL and all the media will talk about is their run differential, and the Cubs 99 year WS drought.

Rockies win 16 of 17 and all the media talk is about how our closer might of cheated by dumping water on his jersey and when the Phillies bats will wake up, they will slaughter the Rockies.

Both teams are very similar too, with young not too well known kids with a ton of talent playing their hardest! these teams will be exciting for a while and it should be a great rivalry in the future.

I hope of both of our teams make it to the NLCS, this would make for a great matchup! And if you guys beat us I will definitely root for you in the WS.

Congrats on a great season too. :salute:

Yeah, well just so you know, its not the Cubs fans who are clamoring to hear more focus on the Cubs. Its not Cubs fans who are asking E!SPN and all the others to focus on the Cubs. Me personally, Id rather they spread the attention around.

thatkidhunt
10-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, well just so you know, its not the Cubs fans who are clamoring to hear more focus on the Cubs. Its not Cubs fans who are asking E!SPN and all the others to focus on the Cubs. Me personally, Id rather they spread the attention around.

I would too if I was a Cub or a Cubs fan.......haha

Sorry, just a little left over adrenaline from the last two nights dealing with Cubbies fans!!!!!!

Go D-Backs

lex
10-06-2007, 05:01 AM
I would too if I was a Cub or a Cubs fan.......haha

Sorry, just a little left over adrenaline from the last two nights dealing with Cubbies fans!!!!!!

Go D-Backs
Yeah, Cubs fans arent that bad so dont hide behind them as an excuse for being a jackass.

thatkidhunt
10-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, Cubs fans arent that bad so dont hide behind them as an excuse for being a jackass.

My point exactly. Class act bunch of people you are.

Just be glad that you play in the absolute worst division in baseball or you would not be playing in october.

Mets and Padres are at home watching a team with less talent and worse record playing the D-Backs and are like:confused:

I didn't say anything disrespectfull, it was all in good fun, and TRUST me CUBS fans ARE that bad!!

A guess a century of LOSING will do that to ya, eh?

DawgFanatic
10-06-2007, 05:44 PM
d-backs about to wrap it up, close it up fellas, bottom 7th, lets go

SmithOverTO
10-06-2007, 06:31 PM
d-backs about to wrap it up, close it up fellas, bottom 7th, lets go

And they did :beer:

Congrats...let's make it an all-west NLCS!

Broncomania96
10-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Congrads to the D'Backs on plating a great series and hopefully that can carry over to the next round :clap:

(Ill probably be posting the same thing in the Rockies thread in a few hours ;))

TR3Y
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Should be a GREAT series between two young and exciting teams!!!!

Here's to a classic series and some great young kids battling it out for the NL Pennant :rockon:

TR3Y
10-16-2007, 09:58 AM
What they accomplished sans the NLCS sweep is AMAZING!!!!

Hats off to the entire organization!!!! A couple of tweaks during the off-season and this team may be able to take the next step and play in the W.S. in 2008 :rockon:

I can't wait to watch all the young talent develop on this team....specifically Justin Upton and Chris Young in the OF....

Mark Reynolds, Stephen Drew, Micah Owings, etc., etc., etc. :rockon:

TR3Y
04-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Straight up KILLIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon::salute::rockon::salute::rockon:

CinnaMunMun
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Diamondbacks......

Stop winning. :laugh:

Naw, but you guys are doing amazing. :D

TR3Y
05-16-2008, 09:53 AM
....to help snap out of a semi slump....

Still be best in the BIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute:

thatkidhunt
03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
This Thread needed some lovin. Almost time for the season. Lets go D-Backs!!!!!!!!!!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/JaeHunt/zarl9i1e882fglrb1yb0yzgho.gif

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/JaeHunt/dback2.gif

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Almost game time.:salute:

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
D-Backs 2 Padres 0 end of the 1st.

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 02:59 PM
ugh... blah...common boys.

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
4-zip...:sad:

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
4-zip...:sad:

2 run bomb by Reynolds!!:D

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 03:07 PM
2 run bomb by Reynolds!!:D

Its early no worries.

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Its early no worries.

But its Dan Haren, be worried.:smug:

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
whata bunch of bull

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
sooooo lucky...lol...smh.

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Inside the Park Homerun Stephen Drew!! 6-0 Dbacks

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Dan Haren 1 hit thru 5

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
somethings going to happen right now, its the 6th and were down six. Lets go boyssss

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
somethings going to happen right now, its the 6th and were down six. Lets go boyssss

Dan Haren 1 Hit through 6.

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JAtlQGqPg_M/SccA_63kyWI/AAAAAAAAAyY/Z27a4DMXt4E/s400/disappointed.jpg

always get my hopes up...:sad:

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
"YOOO ADRIAN!!!!" ... Finally something positive.

thatkidhunt
04-05-2010, 04:08 PM
"YOOO ADRIAN!!!!" ... Finally something positive.

Think he will make it through the season in San Diego??

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Think he will make it through the season in San Diego??

honestly i hope not, i hope we rape someones farm for him. He deserves to win and get paid and he wont get that here. maybe we can fill a bunch of holes with what we get in return. i love the guy wish we had a team that could afford to keep him but thats not reality in san diego, atleast not yet.

CHARGER$
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
back to back jacks by adrian and kyle...juzz a lil too late.

HurricaneDovs
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Arizona looked good today.

Haren is still a monster. But do they have anyone behind him?

Reynolds is going to be an all-star this year. Calling it now.

thatkidhunt
04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Arizona looked good today.

Haren is still a monster. But do they have anyone behind him?

Reynolds is going to be an all-star this year. Calling it now.

Well yea, hopefully Webb gets healthy soon, and we picked up Edwin Jackson who was really successful with Detroit last year and Ian Kennedy from the Yanks. I think Haren and Upton will make it again for sure, it would be sweet if Mark did too.

CHARGER$
04-07-2010, 08:52 AM
bummer adrian homered again yesterday and the pads beat the dbags...sorry hunt:P

thatkidhunt
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
bummer adrian homered again yesterday and the pads beat the dbags...sorry hunt:P

No your not:D

CHARGER$
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
well, hunt, congrats on the series win. Im proud of my boys putting up a fight.

thatkidhunt
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Grand Slam Chris Young!!!!!! 6-0 Dbacks Bot 3:salute:

Southstander
04-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Grand Slam Chris Young!!!!!! 6-0 Dbacks Bot 3:salute:

Way to go.

thatkidhunt
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
well, hunt, congrats on the series win. Im proud of my boys putting up a fight.

Thanks buddy, I just heard that Chris Young (your Chris Young) is going to miss his next start, I hope he is alright.

thatkidhunt
04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
D-Backs win 9-1 bringing their record to 3-1 on the season.

:D

HurricaneDovs
04-09-2010, 09:52 PM
DBacks are lookin pretty good early.

thatkidhunt
04-13-2010, 11:27 AM
DBacks are lookin pretty good early.

Not to shabby, its sad that we lost Montero. He is pretty good for a 6 hole hitter.

We got the Dodgers in their home opener today.:salute:

thatkidhunt
04-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Time to bounce back after yesterdays loss. :sad:

thatkidhunt
04-14-2010, 11:56 PM
9-7 D-Backs top 11

Lets not blow it again bullpen.

HurricaneDovs
04-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Well that game went on a heckuva lot longer than it needed to.
Glad to see AZ got the win though.

thatkidhunt
04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Well that game went on a heckuva lot longer than it needed to.
Glad to see AZ got the win though.

Me too :D

thatkidhunt
04-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Early 2-0 lead for Haren, Dbacks goin for their third straight series win :salute:

HurricaneDovs
04-16-2010, 08:40 AM
The heck is it with the DBacks and giving away leads?

thatkidhunt
04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
The Bullpen is atrocious. Injury to Montero is hurting the offense. D-Backs are as good as their pen IMO and right now, it aint pretty.

thatkidhunt
04-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Not to mention we got Albert and the Cardinals next and the Phillies after that.

Going to the game tomorrow, hopin we dont get smashed on.

thatkidhunt
04-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Dbacks pen finally didnt blow a game. If they hadnt yesterday then we would have swept the Phillies. I will take the series win I guess being that our record is what it is.

Play better. :D

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Some where I have a program from the first game ever at the BOB.

thatkidhunt
04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Some where I have a program from the first game ever at the BOB.

I have a couple different things from that day. I have my special opening day ticket in a sleeve signed by Jerry Colengalo, I have the bright purple and tourqouise seat cushion they handed out, and I am pretty sure I have the program floating around somewhere too.

It was awesome, enjoyed every second.

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
I have a couple different things fromt that day. I have my special opening day ticket in a sleeve signed by Jerry Colengalo, I have the bright purple and tourqouise seat cushion they handed out, and I am pretty sure I have the program floating around somewhere too.

It was awesome, enjoyed every second.

A friend of mine picked it up for me, so I am sad to say I was not there.

thatkidhunt
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
A friend of mine picked it up for me, so I am sad to say I was not there.

Still a cool piece of memorabilia.

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I also have the program for the first Rockies home game. Elways last home game, Elways last post season game, the only home game of the 97 Playoffs. Last game at Mile High. Last Regular season home Avs game. First game at Investco. Super Bowl 32 and 33.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the snakes. I am glad updated the your colors. The first ones where too 90's.

thatkidhunt
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I also have the program for the first Rockies home game. Elways last home game, Elways last post season game, the only home game of the 97 Playoffs. Last game at Mile High. Last Regular season home Avs game. First game at Investco. Super Bowl 32 and 33.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the snakes. I am glad updated the your colors. The first ones where too 90's.

Well sir, that is quite a collection, and yes, Im pretty glad we switched it up too. I really like our home saturday black jersies, they are pretty sweet.

Southstander
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Well sir, that is quite a collection, and yes, Im pretty glad we switched it up too. I really like our home saturday black jersies, they are pretty sweet.

I think the Rockies need to change, but if I where to post that in thier thread I would get flammed. It would be for the same reason as why you changed your colors. Purple, black and Silver scream 90's. Sadly so do the Av's colors of Teal, Burgondy and Silver.

thatkidhunt
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
D-Backs beat up on the Cubbies today 13-5

We are playing .500 ball again :peace:

HurricaneDovs
04-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Hunt, you know what they say about payback right?

thatkidhunt
05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Hunt, you know what they say about payback right?

Yes I do, and that female dog is showing its had yet again today :D

The Pen better not blow Haren's win AGAIN

thatkidhunt
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes I do, and that female dog is showing its had yet again today :D

The Pen better not blow Haren's win AGAIN

Well TKH, your fears have come true yet again. Dan Haren has had more wins stripped from him in the last two years then anyone I know, its rediculous.

thatkidhunt
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Worst pen in the game, even HD will agree how awful our pen is, we just handed that game away. I have lost track of how many games they have blown this year.

HurricaneDovs
05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah the DBacks pen is pretty bad this year. I thought ours sucked, but the DBacks could have one of the best records in baseball right now if it wasnt for the bullpen.

Gotta figure that one out or AZ could be lookin at another long year.

thatkidhunt
05-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah the DBacks pen is pretty bad this year. I thought ours sucked, but the DBacks could have one of the best records in baseball right now if it wasnt for the bullpen.

Gotta figure that one out or AZ could be lookin at another long year.

Absolutley, its insane. Ugggh, hats off to the Cubbies though, a win is a win is a win. :salute:

HurricaneDovs
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Absolutley, its insane. Ugggh, hats off to the Cubbies though, a win is a win is a win. :salute:

Thank ya sir. Itd be nice if we could figure out how to do that on a more consistent basis.

thatkidhunt
05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I hate our pitching so much.:sad:

Southstander
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
I hate our pitching so much.:sad:

No offense but at least your team has an excuse. Three of ours pitched the in the Winning game of a Worlds Series, with all of them having atleast one ring.

HurricaneDovs
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Dont worry man. Youll probably sweep us when we come here. Chicago never seems to play good in Arizona.

It does feel nice to be back at .500 though. :D

thatkidhunt
05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I think our 9-1 lead is safe tonight, but if any1 can blow it, our pen can.

Southstander
05-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I think our 9-1 lead is safe tonight, but if any1 can blow it, our pen can.

Our pen gave up four runs in 17 - 4 blow out to end the game 17 - 8.

thatkidhunt
05-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Our pen gave up four runs in 17 - 4 blow out to end the game 17 - 8.

Yea I saw that, both our pens are crap right now, yours will prob eventually snap out of it, you got one of the best closers in the game.

Any win is good after lettin the O's do ya like that;)

Southstander
05-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Yea I saw that, both our pens are crap right now, yours will prob eventually snap out of it, you got one of the best closers in the game.

Any win is good after lettin the O's do ya like that;)

Yeah, the last time the "Halloween Birds" sweep three games from us in B-More was 1974. Four years before I was born.

thatkidhunt
05-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Leadoff HR for Kelly Johnson, thats 10 :salute!:

Southstander
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Leadoff HR for Kelly Johnson, thats 10 :salute!:

Congrats.:td:

Southstander
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
You are helping us tonight. So Thank You.:salute:

thatkidhunt
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
You are helping us tonight. So Thank You.:salute:

Yea, they taxed Burnett with 3 HR's in the first, he has been pretty bad lately for New York.

Southstander
06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Yea, they taxed Burnett with 3 HR's in the first, he has been pretty bad lately for New York.

I so can't wait for tomorrow.

thatkidhunt
06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
I so can't wait for tomorrow.

Why??

ten

Southstander
06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Why??

ten

I get to see the Sox in person for the first time.

thatkidhunt
06-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Nice, thats awesome, hope you have a blasty blast. :salute:

Southstander
06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Nice, thats awesome, hope you have a blasty blast. :salute:

Thanks bro.

ERoyal248
06-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Have fun South, which game is Ubaldo vs Lester..

ERoyal248
06-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Yankees chipping away, only 7-3, thats nothing with the DBacks bullpen..

Southstander
06-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Have fun South, which game is Ubaldo vs Lester..

I was thought it would be tomorrow, but either I miscounted, or the Rockies changed up their rotation. Lester pitches tomorrow against Chicin (SP), then on Wednesday it is Lackey vs Baldy.

Southstander
06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I hope Upton did not just get "Tuloed".

ERoyal248
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I was thought it would be tomorrow, but either I miscounted, or the Rockies changed up their rotation. Lester pitches tomorrow against Chicin (SP), then on Wednesday it is Lackey vs Baldy.

Oh, ok, well have fun either way, Sox should win the series regardless..

:salute!:

Southstander
06-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh, ok, well have fun either way, Sox should win the series regardless..

:salute!:

Thank you bro!:salute:

thatkidhunt
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
At least I had my 4,000th post in the D-Backs thread, as much as we suck, still love em.

ERoyal248
06-21-2010, 09:18 PM
At least I had my 4,000th post in the D-Backs thread, as much as we suck, still love em.

Upton for Chavez, JoJo Reyes, and Kawakami..

Deal??

thatkidhunt
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Upton for Chavez, JoJo Reyes, and Kawakami..

Deal??

No Thanks:D

Southstander
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Well the D-Back have made some changes the GM and Coach are fired.

thatkidhunt
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Well the D-Back have made some changes the GM and Coach are fired.

Its on ESPN now.

BroncoFanBoy
07-01-2010, 11:59 PM
lol d-backs

http://thekashmir.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/laughing.jpg

Go Rockies :D

thatkidhunt
07-02-2010, 03:40 PM
lol d-backs

http://thekashmir.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/laughing.jpg

Go Rockies :D

I think the team does better under Gibson. I was hoping he would get the job when they gave it to Hinch.

HurricaneDovs
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/33282399_4285868130.jpg

That is all.

thatkidhunt
07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/33282399_4285868130.jpg

That is all.

Good stuff buddy!! :salute:

HurricaneDovs
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Good stuff buddy!! :salute:

Thank you sir. I went to the game today with a buddy of mine. It was nice to see them actually play well in Arizona for once.

ERoyal248
07-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Whatever you do, dont trade Haren to the Phillies or Mets.

thatkidhunt
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM

I have heard Phillies, if that happens, even though he has not had his best year so far I am going to be :(

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-05-2010, 08:56 PM
dbacks should trade justin upton for carlos zambrano to the CUBBIES!!!

thatkidhunt
07-05-2010, 09:01 PM

No thanks, we are bad enough as it is, dont need another guy who stinks screaming down the throats of a bunch of other guys who stink.

Sparky The Sun Devil
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
No thanks, we are bad enough as it is, dont need another guy who stinks screaming down the throats of a bunch of other guys who stink.

we will pay his salary as well.

HurricaneDovs
07-05-2010, 11:34 PM

If I had an official "HurricanDovs endorses this post" stamp, itd be all over this.

BroncoFanBoy
07-05-2010, 11:55 PM

Would the phillies be able to afford Haren? they just gave howard that huge extension earlier in the season, they got utley who's in the 4th year of a 7 year 85 million dollar contract, plus Roy Halladay's 3 year 40 million contract. Idk if they can afford haren. the mets are possible tho.

Southstander
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Mora to the D-Backs.

DiversityA
12-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Mark Reynolds got traded to the O's. I will miss having him give our pitchers an extra 5 strikeouts a game.

BroncoFanBoy
12-07-2010, 08:04 AM
JJ Putz is a D-Back now

Southstander
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
JJ Putz is a D-Back now

Just about to post this.....

Southstander
02-21-2011, 10:59 PM
D-Backs to honor the 2001 World Series team.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110211&content_id=16616752&vkey=news_ari&c_id=ari&partnerId=rss_ari&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter