PDA

View Full Version : What about Jarrett Payton?

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 09:18 PM
He'll be a late round pick, and if we haven't picked up a RB in the earlier rounds, I say we should take a chance on him. He's been kinda hit by the injury bug, but he could pan out for us. I'm sure he'll last until the 6-7th round which would be a good value.

Jim
03-23-2004, 10:16 PM
I dont really know who he is...is he good?

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 10:19 PM
He's Walter Payton's son, who played for Miami last year. He had an ok year as a first year starter, but isn't regarded that high. He'd be a good value in the 6th or 7th rounds since we have good luck with backs taken that low.

rcsodak
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
...and then, when john elways son grows up, lets draft him....and when ......

Pleeeeeeeeease......he sucks.....and he ISN'T as good as his father was, GRHS!

Bailey24
03-23-2004, 11:44 PM
i was thinking the same thing plummer. We have a knack at finding the backs that no one thinks is that great because of some injuries in college or just didn;t have that great of a college career, ala terell davis. I think he'd be worth the pick just cuz he is walters son.

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:46 PM
He's a lil-overrated, too much hype for being Walter's son...but if it would be anywhere, he'd make a career here, he'd be a bust anywhere else...but does anyone know if his counterpart, I think Gore is coming out this year?

DPg2003
03-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
...and then, when john elways son grows up, lets draft him....and when ......

Pleeeeeeeeease......he sucks.....and he ISN'T as good as his father was, GRHS!

I think he would be worth a look as an Undrafted FA, only as a FB though. He might fit well in our system as a FB, but I don't think will look for anymore than one RB though.

DPg2003
03-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
but does anyone know if his counterpart, I think Gore is coming out this year?

Gore is not coming out this year, what made you think that?? He tore his knee up again and that's why Payton was starting. Then the Freshman Tyrone Moss emerged and started taking carries away from Payton.