PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell - Heard of him



caveatemptor
03-23-2004, 10:49 PM
RB out of Oklahoma State. He ran a 4.37 with something like a 40" vertical. I've watched him a bunch in College and believe me, he will be a star for whatever team drafts him. He can run north south or run off tackle or on the pitch because he's so fast. Hits the hole fast and definitely has the potential to break it any time he makes it to the secondary. He's not super strong yet, but his 5'11" frame is the perfect size to bulk up. With the kinds of RB coaches the donkeys have, not to mention all the veteran leaders, this guy can be polished into a gem that will really outshine any other RB coming out this year. Forget Clarrett, with our later second round pick, this guy should be around and will be one of the steals of the draft.

Sharpey
03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
i like the sounds of him...sounds like another portis who fell to the second round...the bottom line is we need more picks in the second round so we can the opportunity to make selections like Bell...

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 11:01 PM
I like the idea of getting Tatum Bell on our roster. A second rounder, but he's a helluva player

Sharpey
03-23-2004, 11:02 PM
thanks for the pix of plummer...lol...

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 11:03 PM
I've tried and tried to get a cool pic of plummer in my posts, but that damn FAQ page is no good.:D

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:06 PM
another small back . . . just what the Broncos need . . .

GIVEME6
03-23-2004, 11:08 PM
5-11 205 is about what Portis was. Davis was maybe 215 so he isn't that far off. Not Q size anyway.

DPg2003
03-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
5-11 205 is about what Portis was. Davis was maybe 215 so he isn't that far off. Not Q size anyway.

Q may be short in stature, but he's not short of mass. He's at least 205 right now and he's strong.

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:13 PM
I dont think we should pick up another RB......... id rather sign gold when he realizes he isnt worth big Al money.Q is small but he has better than average ability.........behind our line he will do fine.......... Jake and company have the ability to pass to open up the run......I just hope Big Play Shay is back for one more season.........ONE MORE RING

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
UNDERRATED!!!...Tatum is good..him and Woods made Okie State look a lot better than they really were...he's going to be a second round sleeper..to the broncos...no matter who we get, they'd be backing up Q....

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
UNDERRATED!!!...Tatum is good..him and Woods made Okie State look a lot better than they really were...he's going to be a second round sleeper..to the broncos...no matter who we get, they'd be backing up Q....

what a joke . . . if you get anyone in the first two rounds, they start over Q . . . easily . . .

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by duaneok66
what a joke . . . if you get anyone in the first two rounds, they start over Q . . . easily . . .

I don't know about that...plenty of teams draft RB's in the 1st and 2nd round but they don't start...for example, our beloved chiefs..Larry Johnson..Heard of him? Probably not, second round draft pick not starting...Willis McGahee (although Injured) 1st round pick..not starting in Buffalo...give Q a chance!!!

DPg2003
03-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
for example, our beloved chiefs..Larry Johnson..Heard of him? Probably not, second round draft pick not starting

Johnson was a 1st Round pick man.

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:26 PM
I say we draft a punter ...put lipstick on him make sure he ha a number between 25 and 35 on his jersey and watch him rush his way to rookie of the year!

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
I don't know about that...plenty of teams draft RB's in the 1st and 2nd round but they don't start...for example, our beloved chiefs..Larry Johnson..Heard of him? Probably not, second round draft pick not starting...Willis McGahee (although Injured) 1st round pick..not starting in Buffalo...give Q a chance!!!

If you are going to give examples to back up your statements, at least you shoud use good ones . . . McGahee was recovering from an ACL AND he was playing behind Henry a guy that put up over 1400 yards in 2002, so it was a LOCK that he wasn't going to see the field . . . and LJ played behind some guy that has been all world the last two years, so that's a no brainer, so now you are going to tell me that Denver's situation would mirror those two???

LMAO

too funny . . .

caveatemptor
03-23-2004, 11:29 PM
mcgahee will supplant Henry as the starter in Buffalo by years end. Travis Henry is really overrated - if a guy fumbles seven times in one season, his yards per carry better be a bit higher than 4.1

If the broncos draft an RB in rounds 1 or 2, they may not be starting at the beginning of the season, but by campaigns end barring injury, they have to be the starter.

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by duaneok66
If you are going to give examples to back up your statements, at least you shoud use good ones . . . McGahee was recovering from an ACL AND he was playing behind Henry a guy that put up over 1400 yards in 2002, so it was a LOCK that he wasn't going to see the field . . . and LJ played behind some guy that has been all world the last two years, so that's a no brainer, so now you are going to tell me that Denver's situation would mirror those two???

LMAO

too funny . . .

Hey even the great Portis wasn't going to start here in denver being a second round pick...as I recall, he was going to back up Mike Anderson...but 24th pick isn't that special..we'll get a great player, but not someone like LaDamian Tomilisson..who came in and made an instant impact...

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by caveatemptor
If the broncos draft an RB in rounds 1 or 2, they may not be starting at the beginning of the season, but by campaigns end barring injury, they have to be the starter.

at least we can agree on that . . .

and by the way I'd love to have an overrated back that has run for 2800 yards in the last two years combined . . .

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by caveatemptor
mcgahee will supplant Henry as the starter in Buffalo by years end. Travis Henry is really overrated - if a guy fumbles seven times in one season, his yards per carry better be a bit higher than 4.1

If the broncos draft an RB in rounds 1 or 2, they may not be starting at the beginning of the season, but by campaigns end barring injury, they have to be the starter.

henry still gets his 3 td's a game though..LOL...yeah he is overrated, glad other people can see that, he gets his 3 1-yard Td and looks so great..that's why I think stats are overrated and shouldn't be paid too much attention to..

And you're right...NoOne is going to start over Q unless an injury...It's Officially Q's job to lose..ask Shanny and Kubiak, they'll tell you..they aren't impressed with this kid for no reason..

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
i say we trade our 2nd round ppicks to cinci for one of their young recievers

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Thesameold333
i say we trade our 2nd round ppicks to cinci for one of their young recievers

hmm...not a bad idea...they've got some good ones..Warrick, Johnson, Dugans ... I don't think they are willing to let go of Chad Johnson, but maybe a run at Peter Warrick? He's got sick maybe sicker moves than Q...

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
henry still gets his 3 td's a game though..LOL...yeah he is overrated, glad other people can see that, he gets his 3 1-yard Td and looks so great..that's why I think stats are overrated and shouldn't be paid too much attention to..



so you are ignoring 2800 yards and a 4.2 average over 2 years??? what do you (realistically) expect from Q (assuming he gets 240 carries) . . . of course this is a hypothetical because he won't . . .

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:42 PM
broncofan......dont forget kelly washington......hes gonna be a stud.....im a little partial since i went to school with him when i lived in va ..but he really is a stud ..i think he went 1st round last year

caveatemptor
03-23-2004, 11:45 PM
henry fumbles, had only one touchdowns last year over 20 yards and there are about 15 other guys in the league who's yards per carry were over 4.2 - McGahee will have that job by year's end

Thesameold333
03-23-2004, 11:46 PM
wheres thurman thomas when the wing eaters need him?

duaneok66
03-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by caveatemptor
henry fumbles, had only one touchdowns last year over 20 yards and there are about 15 other guys in the league who's yards per carry were over 4.2 - McGahee will have that job by year's end

get real . . . 1400 yards is 1400 yards . . . McGahee rides the pine for the next two years . . .

DPg2003
03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Thesameold333
broncofan......dont forget kelly washington......hes gonna be a stud.....im a little partial since i went to school with him when i lived in va ..but he really is a stud ..i think he went 1st round last year

I'm not sure exactly what Round it was, but I'm positive it wasn't the 1st.

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by duaneok66
so you are ignoring 2800 yards and a 4.2 average over 2 years??? what do you (realistically) expect from Q (assuming he gets 240 carries) . . . of course this is a hypothetical because he won't . . .

like any ole Bronco running back 1400+ yards 10+ TD's...it's basically given unless of an injury..

broncofan303
03-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Thesameold333
broncofan......dont forget kelly washington......hes gonna be a stud.....im a little partial since i went to school with him when i lived in va ..but he really is a stud ..i think he went 1st round last year

Bengals have him too? wow they're really stacked at WR..they defintely got a future ...wasn't he a QB too? sounds familiar from the Volunteers right?

GIVEME6
03-24-2004, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't count on Q getting the starting nod just yet. According to Bowlen on NFL Network, we are eyeing some RBs that he says "can help us out". Also, the staff is said to be drooling over Ahmaad Galloway who is apparently healthy and running better than he was BEFORE he tore up his knee. We'll see though.

broncofan303
03-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by DPg2003
I'm not sure exactly what Round it was, but I'm positive it wasn't the 1st.

yeah probably not...It was much later..probably 3rd round...

duaneok66
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by DPg2003
I'm not sure exactly what Round it was, but I'm positive it wasn't the 1st.

Washington went in the 3rd round due to injury concerns . . .

broncofan303
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
I wouldn't count on Q getting the starting nod just yet. According to Bowlen on NFL Network, we are eyeing some RBs that he says "can help us out". Also, the staff is said to be drooling over Ahmaad Galloway who is apparently healthy and running better than he was BEFORE he tore up his knee. We'll see though.

yeah I'm hearing a lot of "Corey Dillion" leaning towards Denver talk..Q is da man, whether or not he gets the job..if he doesn't start here, I say he packs his bags and start for some other team..but knowing Q he won't do that, he's a team player, he knows his role..

GIVEME6
03-24-2004, 12:20 AM
I'll pass on Dillon. Especially since Cincy wants a second round pick. The second round is where it's at, and Denver isn't gonna bring in another player past his prime. Dillon is acts like a b!tch 90% of the time too.

duaneok66
03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
I'll pass on Dillon. Especially since Cincy wants a second round pick. The second round is where it's at, and Denver isn't gonna bring in another player past his prime. Dillon is acts like a b!tch 90% of the time too.


what he said . . . Dillon is a cancer and even I'd take Q over that loser . . .

broncofan303
03-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
I'll pass on Dillon. Especially since Cincy wants a second round pick. The second round is where it's at, and Denver isn't gonna bring in another player past his prime. Dillon is acts like a b!tch 90% of the time too.

That's more than Portis's b|tch 50% of the time...especially on Thursday night Fox Sports Net ... he was an arrogant dude, but that alone is why I would miss him..

jamjeehunta
03-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Thesameold333
I say we draft a punter ...put lipstick on him make sure he ha a number between 25 and 35 on his jersey and watch him rush his way to rookie of the year!


LOL THATS SOME FUNNY SHHHT...

nickmeyer
03-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by DPg2003
Q may be short in stature, but he's not short of mass. He's at least 205 right now and he's strong.


That pic of Lelie shows how much of a threat he is gonna be this year