PDA

View Full Version : The Reason we won the Super Bowl

Broncos-N-Horns
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
I think that one of the reasons that we won was because John Elway wasnt selfish towards his salary. He offered to drop his salary in order to bring in key free agents so that he would have a chance to win the big game. Thats one of the reasons why Peyton Manning and the Colts wil never win the Super Bowl, instead of wanting the most money ever just settle for less and let your team use that money on free agents. Am I the only one who gets it?

LynchRules
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Broncos-N-Horns
I think that one of the reasons that we won was because John Elway wasnt selfish towards his salary. He offered to drop his salary in order to bring in key free agents so that he would have a chance to win the big game. Thats one of the reasons why Peyton Manning and the Colts wil never win the Super Bowl, instead of wanting the most money ever just settle for less and let your team use that money on free agents. Am I the only one who gets it?

Nope. I get it too. The Buc's should have done the same thing with Lynch.

NameUsedBefore
04-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Yup.

Players always say they're after the ring but then suddenly instead of helping the team they drag it down with some huge contract, or go to a ***** team just to GET the bigger contract.

I think John and Marino wanted the ring the most out of anybody from the past decade. John got it and, sadly, Marino did not.

antd700
04-18-2004, 11:35 AM
I totally agree with you. It's not like they're earning minimum wage or something, these guys are earning more than we will probably earn in a lifetime every five years.

Also don't forget TD he took paycuts aswell!

Elway
04-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Well see how Donavan does, since he is a 100 million plus qb who right now is most well known for choking in 3 championship games.

Booher
04-22-2004, 07:56 PM

actually we scored more points than our opponets, thats why we won!

Uula Bear
05-01-2004, 03:01 PM

Didn't the Colts have to pay Peyton the $$$$ they did cuz they made him their franchise player?