PDA

View Full Version : Who will end up being the starter RB for the Oakland Raiders?

Tour
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I think that concern us because they're very talented, and we're going to face 'em twice a year (at least).

Thrasher
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Who would be the guy that would start instead of Rhodes?

And i wouldn't be too worried if Rhodes would be the starter though I think he will be.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the poll.

maruske845
07-03-2007, 11:46 AM
jordan

i think he started last year...but i don;t know

and he was first on the list :P

OaklandxxRaider
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I voted rhodes, because im pretty sure thats who will start. However, if bush keeps doing well and impressing coaches, and most of all, if he stays healthy.... then he will be our future starter at the RB position.

Ravage!!!
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't see any on the roster that have me worried. None of them are a LT, LJ, or a TH. Rhodes proved he wasn't a starting quality RB when in Indy, and they NEEDED a RB after releasing Edge. So he doesn't concern me that much at all.

To be honest, I don't really care. None worry me as far as being a huge threat... that being said...whoever starts isn't a concern until we play them those 2 weeks.

OaklandxxRaider
07-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Just wondering but shouldnt this thread be in the "Other NFL Teams" forum?

Tour
07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Just wondering but shouldnt this thread be in the "Other NFL Teams" forum?

You shouldnt be in the Raiders forums? (just kiddin)

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I think Michael Bush will be the biggest steals in the draft, but that impact won't be felt until next year.

I think Rhodes & Jordan will split carries evenly so whoever starts, it doesn't matter. I say as the season goes on, Rhodes outplays Jordan and gets the nod to start.

3 Times BABY!
07-03-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't see any on the roster that have me worried. None of them are a LT, LJ, or a TH. Rhodes proved he wasn't a starting quality RB when in Indy, and they NEEDED a RB after releasing Edge. So he doesn't concern me that much at all.

To be honest, I don't really care. None worry me as far as being a huge threat... that being said...whoever starts isn't a concern until we play them those 2 weeks.

Im sorry; but travis henry hasnt done anything to warrent being referred to by his initials.
And you ARE worried about michael bush. Dont lie.

Ravage!!!
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Im sorry; but travis henry hasnt done anything to warrent being referred to by his initials.
And you ARE worried about michael bush. Dont lie.

He hasn't done anything to warrant being referred to his initials? I didn't realize that was a badge of some earned honor.

But trust Me... the LAST thing I will be worried about is ANY player for the oakland raiders.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I think that almost every running back the Raiders have ever had sucked and they will continue that tradition. The Raiders are going to remain irrelevant. The only question is who will they take at number one next year?

jcdavey
07-03-2007, 04:43 PM
bush or possible darren mcfadden (starter in 08) if oakland is able to get the #1 pick again

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
I think that almost every running back the Raiders have ever had sucked and they will continue that tradition. The Raiders are going to remain irrelevant. The only question is who will they take at number one next year?
I bet that if we named every productive back the Raiders ever had vs. the Broncos backs, even with the Shanahan system about the Broncos' line, the results would make your post look incredibly stupid...

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I bet that if we named every productive back the Raiders ever had vs. the Broncos backs, even with the Shanahan system about the Broncos' line, the results would make your post look incredibly stupid...

You do that.

Sonic Raider
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Personally, I hope it's Michael Bush. The factor that will be the big key to Michael Bush playing or sitting will be how healthy his leg is. When Michael Bush had that season-ending surgery on his leg, he had a rod placed in it & has rehabbed it ever since. On the field, Michael Bush is the total package: Size, speed, power, agility, work ethic, leadership, & character. Hell, he can even throw the ball well too, opening possibilities for trick plays that have him as the QB. From what I heard, he is now at 100%.

AlWilsonizKING
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
This thread is messin' with my head......I see orange and blue but yet at the same time I see Silver and Whack and Faiders logos everywhere......

I gotta get outta here....................it's like a sick nightmare or something.

PEACE!!!

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 05:28 PM
You do that.
Mark Van Eghan
Clem Daniels
Pete Banaszak
Harvey Williams
Marcus Allen
Bo Jackson
Tyrone Wheatley
Charlie Garner

Your turn.

Sonic Raider
07-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Mark Van Eghan
Clem Daniels
Pete Banaszak
Harvey Williams
Marcus Allen
Bo Jackson
Tyrone Wheatley
Charlie Garner

Your turn.

You forgot Napolean Kaufman

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 05:35 PM
You forgot Napolean Kaufman
Shhh. It's called strategy. He digs deep, real deep, names his 8 Bronco backs then I spit out some more.

Watch what happens when he names either of the Bells, you'll love what I have planned for that...

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Terrell Davis
Olandis Gary
Reuben Droughns
Clinton Portis
Floyd Little
Mike Anderson
Bobby Humphrey
Howard Griffith

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Terrell Davis
Olandis Gary
Reuben Droughns
Clinton Portis
Floyd Little
Mike Anderson
Travis Henry
Howard Griffith
Travis hasn't played a down for the Broncos yet. Name one more please...

jcdavey
07-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Personally, I hope it's Michael Bush. The factor that will be the big key to Michael Bush playing or sitting will be how healthy his leg is. When Michael Bush had that season-ending surgery on his leg, he had a rod placed in it & has rehabbed it ever since. On the field, Michael Bush is the total package: Size, speed, power, agility, work ethic, leadership, & character. Hell, he can even throw the ball well too, opening possibilities for trick plays that have him as the QB. From what I heard, he is now at 100%.yep, when healthy i had this guy going top 15 , 1st round for sure
he's not half the qb that tomlinson or mcfadden is though haha

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
yep, when healthy i had this guy going top 15 , 1st round for sure
he's not half the qb that tomlinson or mcfadden is though haha
How many throwing TDs does Tomlinson NOT have vs. Oakland? :laugh: I wonder if Turner will use that play or if our defense FINALLY realizes that when Tomlinson shifts to one side yet doesn't run forward, it's a pass.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Any more backs Devilspawn

jcdavey
07-03-2007, 06:17 PM
How many throwing TDs does Tomlinson NOT have vs. Oakland? :laugh: I wonder if Turner will use that play or if our defense FINALLY realizes that when Tomlinson shifts to one side yet doesn't run forward, it's a pass.i think 3 of those vs oak

i think his only incompletion was to brees vs washington in 05

i think he's 6 out of 7 with 6 tds overall, something like that

as for the travis henry being listed earlier for denver, are you sure he hasn't played a down yet? i thought he was in the HOF already :D

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Any more backs Devilspawn
You only named 7 to my 8. Travis Henry doesn't count. Name an 8th back and I'll name some more.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
You only named 7 to my 8. Travis Henry doesn't count. Name an 8th back and I'll name some more.

I already replaced him with Bobby Humphrey.

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Marv Hubbard
Herwritt Dixon
Lamont Jordan - Why Jordan? Managed to run for 1000 yards which does not = suckage. Disappointing, yep. Bust? Hell yes. Suck? Nope.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Tatum Bell
Carlos Snow
Billy Joe

jcdavey
07-03-2007, 06:36 PM
it's like deliverance

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Carlos Snow

Carlos Snow played for Denver? When? Carlos Snow played in the NFL? When?

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I voted for Micheal Bush,he could be the best RB of the 3 in years to come.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
I thought he did I guess he didn't oh well how about Otis Armstrong.

Sonic Raider
07-03-2007, 06:48 PM
For the first few games, it won't be Dominic Rhodes because he's getting suspended for 4 games for violating the league's Substance Abuse Policy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-rhodessuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I thought he did I guess he didn't oh well how about Otis Armstrong.
Zack Crockett
Napoleon Kaufman
Charlie Smith
Kenny King

I think I made my point. If you had said recently, as in the last four years, I'd agree with you. Jordan's 1000 yards on a 4-12 team is impressive only because of the bad record of the team and the horrible o-line. But our backs have not done a thing since 2003, if only in brief spurts, if that. But over our history, the running game is what made the Raiders successful and we have produced just as much solid contributers in the backfield as any team.

For this year, our success on offense depends on the line and the back finding the holes if there are any. I don't think Jordan or Rhodes will be jaw dropping. Together they could be a solid 1-2 punch, maybe. But I rather see what Bush can do because I think we have a beast on our hands, which is what we need with Tomlinson, Johnson & Henry as our rivals.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Tony Dorsett
Sammy Winder
Hewritt Dixon
Darren Lockyer

Yes Dorsett did play with Denver in his last year before having a knee injury.

anton...
07-03-2007, 07:01 PM
rhodes --> like edgerrin james was a product of the colts passing game... overrated...

so it will probably be jordan...

:2cents:

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Hewritt Dixon
I named him for Oakland, when he had his productive years.

Darren Lockyer
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok ok ok, Stop stop stop. The RUGBY Broncos don't count. ;) Funny though.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I named him for Oakland, when he had his productive years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok ok ok, Stop stop stop. The RUGBY Broncos don't count. ;) Funny though.
Wanted to see if you would catch that

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Wanted to see if you would catch that
Heh heh, it was pretty funny. I know a lot about the (Denver) Broncos too, not enough to win in a trivia game, but more than a troll would.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Heh heh, it was pretty funny. I know a lot about the (Denver) Broncos too, not enough to win in a trivia game, but more than a troll would.

I'll give you some CP for that.

Hoserman117
07-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Marv Hubbard
Herwritt Dixon
Lamont Jordan - Why Jordan? Managed to run for 1000 yards which does not = suckage. Disappointing, yep. Bust? Hell yes. Suck? Nope.

Oh cool, so we can use any 1000 yard back?

Yeah Tatum Bell definitely gets the nod then.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh cool, so we can use any 1000 yard back?

Yeah Tatum Bell definitely gets the nod then.

Your turn name some more backs I haven't named.

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I'll give you some CP for that.
Likewise...

Hoserman117
07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Marv Hubbard
Herwritt Dixon

Sorry, Dixon never got 1000 yards. Best was 865.

Hoserman117
07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Zack Crockett
Napoleon Kaufman
Charlie Smith
Kenny King

I think I made my point. If you had said recently, as in the last four years, I'd agree with you. Jordan's 1000 yards on a 4-12 team is impressive only because of the bad record of the team and the horrible o-line. But our backs have not done a thing since 2003, if only in brief spurts, if that. But over our history, the running game is what made the Raiders successful and we have produced just as much solid contributers in the backfield as any team.

For this year, our success on offense depends on the line and the back finding the holes if there are any. I don't think Jordan or Rhodes will be jaw dropping. Together they could be a solid 1-2 punch, maybe. But I rather see what Bush can do because I think we have a beast on our hands, which is what we need with Tomlinson, Johnson & Henry as our rivals.

It depends what you count successful... We have had a crap load of 800 and 700 yard backs also... I dunno, maybe it's just me but even 1100 yards is a pretty bad season for a starting RB in Denver.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:26 PM

We were only naming productive backs

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
It's not just 1000 yards. The debate was about productive running backs. Herwitt was productive in 3 of he 5 years he played in Oakland, with over 1000 total yards in those seasons. As a threat in the backfield, he set up for the 7 step drop bombs that Art Shell tried desperately to deploy last year. :laugh:

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:35 PM
If we were only naming 1000 yard rushers I couldn't name Howard Griffith, Billy Joe, or Tony Dorsett.

columbiaskinny
07-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Your turn name some more backs I haven't named.Gaston Green.

Rod Bernstein.

DevilSpawn
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
It depends what you count successful... We have had a crap load of 800 and 700 yard backs also... I dunno, maybe it's just me but even 1100 yards is a pretty bad season for a starting RB in Denver.
It depends on how you look at it.

Like I said with Lamon Jordan, he had close to 1600 yards in 2005, but it wasn't a productive 1600. He didn't come through in the clutch, he fumbled at crucial times and he only ran for 100 yards three times out of fourteen games. In fact, he had 90+ yards in two more of those games and I don't think he had more than 50 in the rest.

1000 yards nowadays means little because a runner can go a full season without rushing for 100 yards in a game and get that total. 1500 yards should be the standard now.

beastlyskronk
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Gaston Green.

Rod Bernstein.

I'm feeling generous so I'll give you some CP.

crazybronco
07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
rhodes is baned for 4 games

omac
07-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Mark Van Eghan
Clem Daniels
Pete Banaszak
Harvey Williams
Marcus Allen
Bo Jackson
Tyrone Wheatley
Charlie Garner

Marcus Allen is a great, great runningback. He should've had an Elway-like career - playing for the Raiders until he retired, and always being the starter. Too bad it didn't work out that way. Still a great career though.