Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Dark Knight
    aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
    • Feb 2004

Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

Wow, What a terrific show. I can't say enough about this show. What were the idiots at FOX thinking? This show has some of the best potential I have ever seen. I got this set because of the glowing reviews I kept seeing about it. Even after ALL the hype i've seen on this thing, it still impressed me to no end. God, now I am feeling the yearning for more episodes! How can FOX do something like this? There should be an FCC violation for neglecting viewers of excellent programing. Anyway, I give it my biggest endorsement, if you don't have it, buy it now. It's only 35 bucks at Amazon.com. That's 14 episodes for 35 bucks, you can't go wrong.
  • Javalon
    Hail to the King, baby!
    • Sep 2003

Welcome to the fold, my friend! In case you couldn't tell, I'm also a fan.

Did you know they're about to start production on a movie? While I think that's great, I really want them to get it back on TV. 2-3 hours every couple of years from movies is nowhere near as satisfying as 14-18 hours a year from a television series.

But...I'll take whatever I can get. It's been a long time since I got that involved in a television show.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• The Dark Knight
      aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
      • Feb 2004

Yeah, I heard about the movie. I also heard that if it does well, they may consider a relaunch of the series. I can't believe those idiots at FOX canceled the show. I betcha the guy that made the final decision didn't even see a single episode. It makes you wonder.

Comment

• The Dark Knight
        aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
        • Feb 2004

Hey Javalon!

What's your favorite episode? Who's your favorite Character?

We need to get a discussion rolling on this thing.

Comment

• Javalon
          Hail to the King, baby!
          • Sep 2003

Huh...tough questions. 'Train Job' is very special to me because that was the first episode aired, the first one I saw, and the one that hooked me. The end of that episode surprised me so much and let me know I had found something special.

Other than that it's tough to pick a favorite because they were all so good. If I had to choose one I might go with 'Our Mrs. Reynolds.'

Same problem with picking a favorite character, I just love them all. Even Jayne, even though I hate the kind of person he is, provides some of the funniest moments in the show. Kaylee and Inara are both beautiful of mind and body. Mal, Zoe (sp?) and the rest all here on Gilligan's Isle... Oops, sorry about that. I think all the characters are great and I would deeply miss any that weren't included in the movie or future series. That was some of the best chemistry I can remember in a cast.

The stories were all great. I loved how a plot would look like a cliche and then turn it right on its ear and surprise the hell out of you. I also liked that they didn't write this show for children. It was meant for an intelligent and not-too-squeamish audience.

God, I loved that show. Now I'm getting the urge to start over and watch the series again. At least FOX did a good job with the DVD set.
          ------

Comment

• Ohio Broncos
            First, Last and Only
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            What's your favorite episode? Who's your favorite Character?
            For me, it's a tie between "Jaynestown" and "Out of Gas." The fact that they made the most despicable character a hero was pretty clever. The song that they sang was hilarious. Inara's reaction when she heard about the hero (thinking it was Malcolm Reynolds) was also classic.

What I like about the show is that the characters are so complex. I'd have to go with Malcolm as my favorite, but I like all of them.

Some exec needs to get this show back on TV ma shong.
            sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

• Elway
              Master of Game Day!
              • Jun 2003

Joss Whedon knows how to do goos story lines & characters, they just need some time to grow into thier audience. Shame fox pulled the plug too early and know one picked it up. I believe he was thinking of calling the movie Serenity.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

• The Dark Knight
                aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
                For me, it's a tie between "Jaynestown" and "Out of Gas." The fact that they made the most despicable character a hero was pretty clever. The song that they sang was hilarious. Inara's reaction when she heard about the hero (thinking it was Malcolm Reynolds) was also classic.

What I like about the show is that the characters are so complex. I'd have to go with Malcolm as my favorite, but I like all of them.

Some exec needs to get this show back on TV ma shong.
                That's funny when you use the word "classic" because I already think alot of the qoutes and some of the comedy bits should go down as "classic". Kinda funny because the show was just on only a year ago. I love the show, can't wait for the movie. I am anxious to see these characters on the screen again. Hopefully the all return to reprise their roles.

Comment

• mattos
                  Special Teams
                  • Sep 2003

Re: Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

That's 14 episodes for 35 bucks, you can't go wrong.
                  err, ahem, kazaa.
                  sigpic
                  go broncos
                  share the sidewalk
                  liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

• The Dark Knight
                    aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
                    • Feb 2004

Re: Re: Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

Originally posted by mattos
                    err, ahem, kazaa.

err, ahem, Illegal.

Anyway, Support Firefly!!

Comment

• Javalon
                      Hail to the King, baby!
                      • Sep 2003

Re: Re: Re: Just finished watching Firefly: Go buy it NOW!!!

err, ahem, Illegal.

Anyway, Support Firefly!!
                      Yep, if you're a fan then please support the show. More DVD sales adds fuel to the fire for a return to T.V. after the movie comes out. Plus the quality is much better and you don't have to waste your time downloading 14 episodes and all the bonus material.
                      ------

Comment

• Javalon
                        Hail to the King, baby!
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by el chiefo
                        99.8% of all Firefly watchers are dumbasses. I suspect you are in that class.
                        Thanks! You realize that because that statement came from YOU, everybody here will realize how great the show must actually be.
                        ------

Comment

• Jared
                          Retired Mod
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by el chiefo
                          99.8% of all Firefly watchers are dumbasses. I suspect you are in that class.
                          Considering I have never heard of the show, yet you seem to have intimate knowledge of their fans, leads me to believe that you also watch it, thus, you would fall into the very category that you just described.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

• Javalon
                            Hail to the King, baby!
                            • Sep 2003

Jared, if you ever want to watch something new try renting the first disk or however they have it packaged at your local video store or Netflix.

The 2-hour pilot was actually the last episode aired because FOX wanted more action and thought the introduction of the characters progessed too slow. So, 'Train Job' was actually the first aired episode and it was actually hurriedly cobbled together over a weekend thanks to FOX's refusal to air the pilot. It was odd to be thrust into the the show without the character background from the pilot but my wife and I quickly caught up and were hooked by the last sequence. If you want to give Firefly a try, I'm torn as to whether you should watch 'Train Job' first or go with the pilot. Either way, I think you'll enjoy it if you give it a chance. (I offered all my friends and family money-back guarantees if they didn't like it...but it's a little more difficult to do that with people I don't really know over the internet. )
                            ------

Comment

• The Dark Knight
                              aka Bronco Benny - /^v^\
                              • Feb 2004

I just watched "Heart of Gold" again.

What a great episode, It might be my favorite although I must say that "War Stories" is pretty good too.

I like the Mal-Inara relationship.

Comment

Working...
                              X