PDA

View Full Version : [Avs] Congratz Avs !!!

NOLABroncofan
04-08-2004, 02:37 PM
They played well against Dallas. Hope they plan to make a good run for the cup. I was getting a bit worried the last few weeks.

/note: Yes I know this doesn't have squat to do with the Broncos but dammit... it's playoff time & I'm bored with all the draft talk. Figured a "Gratz" was justified.

Nuff said...

SCI03
04-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Even though I'm a Coyotes fan, I will say if sakic and Forsberg produce the Avs should go far.

unc69it
04-08-2004, 02:59 PM
the avalanche is still in colorado and so are the nuggets who are still in the playoff hunt so congrads to both teams.

PRBronco
04-08-2004, 02:59 PM
You forgot to mention how absolutely brutal the stars played. Mike modano looks awful right now.

unc69it
04-08-2004, 04:20 PM
true but a win is a win and that is the way it goes in the record books

unc69it
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
you know its been alon time for the nuggets to maybe make it to the play offs so it is soomething to be excited about and the way the avs have been playing its a wonder they are still the play offs but they are and it's another thing to be happy for them. im a true colorado fan whether it's a college team or a pro team i would like to see them all win and that's that.

PRBronco
04-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Good stuff zack morris! Thanks for saying it!

unc69it
04-08-2004, 05:00 PM
westflbroncostud which picture are you refering to? and to you zach morris are you calling me a piece of ****? well ill tell you what i dont care what you think because i know of at least 2 people and many more on this board that like the avs so maybe you ought take a look at yourself before you cast stones at anybody for bieng a fan of a team that you dont like.:eek:

unc69it
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
at least you have some taste and are a true fan of colorado sports teams.

cprender8
04-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
num. 26 laying out the packer!!!!!

who's layin out who? when was that?????

unc69it
04-08-2004, 05:42 PM
i think it was eric brown? if anybody knows for sure maybe they could let us know?

durango
04-08-2004, 06:07 PM
brown was one hell of a hitter

rcsodak
04-08-2004, 09:18 PM
...here's a hint.....

...If you're going to say you are a Broncos Fan....

...and you're going to have a picture of Broncos Players...

...at least know who the hell the players are!:duh:

NameUsedBefore
04-08-2004, 11:24 PM
I thought Eric Brown was a solid player as well.

Anyways, Avs are iffy but they sure do have a great offense and Abeischer has been one hell of a surprise!

BlueDamsel
04-08-2004, 11:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0823/1243237.html
It was Eric Brown.

I was happy about the avs win last night, was kind of scared going into these playoffs because of the crapshoot that has been the end of the season! :)

NJbronco
04-09-2004, 01:22 AM
welp im a Devils fan. hence i didn't like it when the avs beat the devs in the stanley cup not to long ago. but i don't hate em.
im pretty surprised actually how well the avs are doing after roy left. they deserve to be where they are at.

and if there is a reason to like the avs it would be because i hate the redwings so damn much.

NameUsedBefore
04-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Zack Morris you must not know much about the Avs.

One thing: the Stars are a much more dirty team (one of the dirtiest in the league besides that one Canadien team).

Two: The Avs probably have the best offense in the league. Period. So many star offensive players it aint even funny. That is why they win games, they use their offense with the support of a great goaltender.

Three: Abeischer is an awesome goaltender. He's one of the faster and more agile goaltenders in the league and from my view he's learned a lot from Roy about keeping with the puck etc.

I think you're just a hater or Stars fan.

NameUsedBefore
04-09-2004, 01:33 PM
So you automatically think the "truth" hurts me? Just as I THOUGHT you were a Stars fan. Before you speak think of what you've already said dipwad. I guess a lot of people are idiots since the term "hater" is often used throughout all U.S. sports today. Deal with it.

Also, I live in Texas and I watch Stars games; they play some of the dirtiest games in hockey that I've seen. I also watch the Avs and I know that Abeischer is better than you say cause he's been shot on just as much as most of the other top-echelon goalies and has been able to stop more than many of these other top-echelon goalies. Don't just say someone stinks per se just because you feel like yapping your jaw.

One more thing, if a team didn't know what to do with their talent then how come they're the greatest rival to a team that "does" (Wings)?

Booher
04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
...here's a hint.....

...If you're going to say you are a Broncos Fan....

...and you're going to have a picture of Broncos Players...

...at least know who the hell the players are!:duh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ funny stuff^^^^^^^

NJbronco
04-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Lol that lil arguement over the redwings and avs was funny.

i never like the redwings. they are like the yankees to me.

hope they lose to the predators.

PatrickdaDookie
04-10-2004, 02:22 AM
I've been a fan of the Avs since about 96, and even I'm not ignorant enough to deny that they are an extremely dirty team.

PatrickdaDookie
04-10-2004, 02:23 AM
And I don't fault them for that. But I'm the kind of person that likes my hockey players with missing teeth and bad knees.

NameUsedBefore
04-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Yah you got me.

I'll just admit it now, I don't know much about hockey but I do know that I've seen some dirty dirty games played by the Stars and maybe I was just there at the wrong times (their few dirty games I guess).

I still think Aebischer has good talent though when you see him start getting pounced on and getting shot at repeatedly as he has the speed and agility to quickly recover from fall and one-direction dives etc.

NJbronco
04-10-2004, 02:19 PM
stop acting like i give a damn cause you don't like the fact i hate the wings

NJbronco
04-10-2004, 10:24 PM
no i really couldn't give a rats ass i just have nothing better to do than argue with someone who makes a fuss when someone doesn't like their team. as in a earlier thread someone said. most people do root for the underdogs. Redwings however are never the underdogs.

don't get me wrong everyone they grab has tremendous talent and skill. they have my respect as being a good team. but that doesn't mean i have to like em

Booher
04-10-2004, 11:02 PM
hocky smokey

NJbronco
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I WILL FINISH THIS!!!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA :fight:

NOLABroncofan
04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Back to the Subj. matter that I intended for this thread ...

Congratz once again to the Avs, who played a very physical game Friday night and won with a 5-2 score.

Tonight will be the test though. They are playing on Dallas ice. If they can keep the momentum going, this may be a short series. Forsberg didn't practice yesterday, so I hope he's healthy.

Lastly, I was extremely happy to see Detroit lose this weekend :D

Go AVS !!!

Nuff said...

2 Minute Warning
04-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Go AVS!!!!! I'm rooting for ya:D

Jared
04-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Zack Morris
you're replying aren't you?

you care

if any team is like the yankees in hockey(which no team is), it'd be the avs, or the rangers

No, it would either be the Red Wings or the Habs, maybe the Leafs, but since the Habs are playing like poop the last 10 years or so, and Toronto can't buy its way out the second round to save its life, that leaves the Wings. Maybe Le Habs are going through the same stage the Yanks did in the 80's.

The Avs have a loooooooooong way to go before you can make the comparison to the Yanks, or the Celtics, or the Canadiens. Hell, they weren't even IN Colorado 15 years ago.

I always wonder how good Philadelphia could have been if they hadn't traded away the farm to the Nordiques for Lindros.

Jared
04-16-2004, 12:55 AM
detroit? montreal? THE LEAFS? are you legally retarded? the leafs and habs obviously do not buy teams, and detroit builds talent better than any team in hockey. they drafted the vast majority of their stars and some others like shanahan were traded for long before the glory days. every other nhl team should be, if they aren't, salivating over the pure level of talent in which detroit scouts and drats players. what other team drafts lidstrom, fedorov, konstantinov, dallas drake, bob boughner and mike silinger in the same ****in round? hell, and that's without mentioning the fact they would've had pavel bure too if it wasn't for a legal glitch. that's not buying talent, that's just incredible scouting and team management. plus other guys like yzerman, the grind line, holmstrom, etc. were wings from day 1.

that was then, and look at now. they scouted and drafted datsyuk, zetterburg, fischer, niklas kronwall, mark mowers, etc.

they sign star players but people embellish it WAY too much and refuse to look at the fact they scout, draft and produce players better than any other team in the league. why? probably the same reason you and other people hate them. they win too much. people hate the best, it just comes with the territory.

now the avs? bunch of joes in jerseys..now i already schooled you on the wings, don't make me bother myself by doing it with the avs son ;)

1) Don't call me son, considering I was lacing them up in PA when you weren't even an idea yet.

2) I don't hate Detroit. I could not care less about Detroit. What in my post made you think I am anti Detroit? And why would school me on the Avs? I don't like the Avs. I still call them the Nordiques just to piss off Colorado fans. Oh wait, you were born in 1984; you don't remember the Nordiques.

3) Until Detroit either A) wins as many titles as Montreal or B) gets forced down American viewers throats as much as Toronto does in Canada, they will simply remain the most succesful American NHL franchise and nothing more. THAT is why Montreal and Toronto are on par with the Yankees in terms of pure hatred thrown toward them by any one not a fan of the franchise. The arrognace of their fans and cities in thinking that the rest of Canada and the NHL is jealous of them. Much like the Yankees and their fans think. It is even doubly laughable in the cases of these two franchises, because at least the Yankees have won a title or two recently.

4) Your arrongance is neither appreciated nor necessary. If you disagree, please say why.

5) Calling me 'legally retarded' is not only immature, but is technically a violation of the COC.

6) long before the glory days? You do realize that Detroit was winning titles when the interstate system was a new idea? Shanahan isn't that old.

And while your draft arguement is sound, I wasn't commenting on how or why Detroit is successful, I was simply pointing out that to a lot of hockey fans, Detroit is just a successful franchise, not a hated one. Big difference. If you want to argue, fine. At least argue against the point I am actually making.

BlueDamsel
04-16-2004, 02:49 AM
Ruh Roh Rorge...sounds like someone is asking for a removal in the swift format...

Jared
04-16-2004, 12:27 PM
sorry, son, i was a hockey expert long before you were almost wiped on a kleenex.

in other words "i'll take all the shots on detroit i can, but i won't outrightly say i hate them so i have some semblance of an argument to fall back on. IT'S GENIUS!".

ok that's just the stupidest thing i've read in about 30 seconds.

go read that to yourself. no no, better yet, print it out on mommy's canon and go recite it to yourself in the mirror. then we'll BOTH know how stupid you look.

god forbid 3 cups in 6 years is just so horribly unsuccesful. i'd say you don't know **** about hockey but you'd pull the "i never said i did!!!" crap. people hate detroit because they're the best, and are seen as such. it's so obvious it's sick, why argue it?

call me crazy bud, but you're just TOO easy to rag on ;)

i'm ****y when it's warranted. ie; this case. i just know my hockey, and a helluva lot more than you kiddo

then report me hot shot. better yet, steal my flintstone phone during nap time.

he aint that young either. i hardly consider that short paragraph somethign that even comes close to negating any one word of what i typed.

so what's the rent on that rock you've been living under? it's that or you're seriously out of touch.

dude, you just don't argue hockey with me. you're better off pissing into the wind. but hey, i think even you love watching me lay into you :)

you may reply back.......now

Well,

I tried to play nice, but since you seem to think that insults equal civil discourse, you are no longer elcome here. Have a nice time posting somewhere else.

And BTW, you couldn't have been a hockey expert before I was being wiped with Kleenex, since I actually remember when hockey was a wide open and exciting game.

And I do not like the Avs or Detroit. But since you can't actually believe anyone at face value, I'll let you live with your beliefs.

Broncs Bomber
04-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I think hockey is the worst sport ever invented. It is, in my opinion, a mindless game. Or maybe it's me that's mindless, but any sport that Joel Otto can get paid to play cannot take too much brains.

PS: Zack, ask Jared who Joel Otto is. He'll tell you all about it.

Jared
04-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Broncs Bomber
I think hockey is the worst sport ever invented. It is, in my opinion, a mindless game. Or maybe it's me that's mindless, but any sport that Joel Otto can get paid to play cannot take too much brains.

PS: Zack, ask Jared who Joel Otto is. He'll tell you all about it.

No I won't. He will just insult me when I state facts. I'll tell you though:

Joel Otto Center
Born Oct 29 1961 -- St. Cloud, MN
Height 6'4" -- Weight 220

Career stats:

1984-85 Calgary 17 4 8 12 30 3 2 1 3 10
1985-86 Calgary 79 25 34 59 188 22 5 10 15 80
1986-87 Calgary 68 19 31 50 185 2 0 2 2 6
1987-88 Calgary 62 13 39 52 194 9 3 2 5 24
1988-89 Calgary 72 23 30 53 213 22 6 13 19 46
1989-90 Calgary 75 13 20 33 116 6 2 2 4 2
1990-91 Calgary 76 19 20 39 185 7 1 2 3 8
1991-92 Calgary 78 13 21 34 161 -- -- -- -- --
1992-93 Calgary 75 19 33 52 150 6 4 2 6 4
1993-94 Calgary 81 11 12 23 92 3 0 1 1 4
1994-95 Calgary 47 8 13 21 130 7 0 3 3 2
1995-96 Philadelphia 67 12 29 41 115 12 3 4 7 11
1996-97 Philadelphia 78 13 19 32 99 18 1 5 6 8
1997-98 Philadelphia 68 3 4 7 78 5 0 0 0 0

Not a HOF career for a center, since he played in the era of Messier and Gretzky, but he is most known for his 120+ MPH slap shots that broke the glass. Also had the misfortune of playing on a very talented Flames team that happen to have Gretzky's Oilers in the same division (and province). That must have been frustrating. Got one Stanley cup though.

Broncs Bomber
04-16-2004, 02:13 PM
And don't forget to mention, he was the most prolific goon of his era.

NameUsedBefore
04-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Zack Morris tried to act smart with you Jared repeatedly yet it never made sense. What an idiot. Anyways; after wiping the Stars I think Abeischer has really become an awesome goalie. Turco was barely getting shot on and yet he gives up so many goals, Abeischer was getting shot at repeatedly throughout the majority of the games (remember the double-OT game? Holy crap).

GO AVS!

Jared
04-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
Zack Morris tried to act smart with you Jared repeatedly yet it never made sense. What an idiot. Anyways; after wiping the Stars I think Abeischer has really become an awesome goalie. Turco was barely getting shot on and yet he gives up so many goals, Abeischer was getting shot at repeatedly throughout the majority of the games (remember the double-OT game? Holy crap).

GO AVS!

I would like to agree, except I didn't watch any of that series. :(

And since it has been established that I am not an Avs fan, I can't say that I know anything specific about Abeischer specifically.

I do know that I was intrigued by the Canucks/Flames game last night.