PDA

View Full Version : Gary Miller's Broncos Training Camp Update: 7/30 - Link has Video Clip

cutlerfan
07-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Gary Miller's Broncos Training Camp Update: 7/30
Free CBS4 Broncos Insiders text alerts -- text 4broncos to 66247

Gary Miller
Reporting

I just noticed - the clip is not of today - sorry!

http://cbs4denver.com/sports/local_story_211140246.html

(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Broncos put on shoulder pads for the first time in training camp and did some hitting Monday morning.

Linebacker Nate Webster lowered the boom on Cecil Sapp; John Lynch delivered several big hits and Domonique Foxworth belted Brandon Stokley.

Stokley, by the way, looks great. He's catching everything thrown his way and more importantly, he feels great coming off Achilles surgery. Both Mike Shanahan and Jay Cutler were effusive in their praise of the former Colt following practice.

“We were watching (Stokley) for last month or so out here running routes," Shanahan said. "But you still have to work on game situations and one on ones. I really didn’t anticipate him coming back this early, especially as quick as he looks and the moves he has made out there. If he can keep it going than we may have something pretty special.”

The play of the day came courtesy of Dre Bly who deflected a pass into the arms of D.J. Williams who took it all the way to the end zone.

“Dre has played very consistent since he has been here in OTA days," said Shanahan. "The last day-and-a-half has been no different. He is an established player with a lot of confidence. He is in good football shape with the shoulder pads on. I think everyone is pushing themselves to get better, and that is why you have training camp.”

Travis Henry, in the best Broncos fashion, made one cut to avoid traffic at the line of scrimmage and dashed about 25 yards for another score.

“Travis is a different style running back," Shanahan said. "He is more power oriented. He runs down hill and he has the ability to break tackles. Travis has the ability to make the big play where Tatum was more of a slasher. He wasn’t really a power runner but could come up with the big play finding the hole. There styles are different, but I think Travis fits our system a little bit better.”

Practice was far from perfect. Mike Bell and Domenik Hixon both dropped easy passes and Chris Myers was guilty of a false start in the red zone.

The Broncos have a special teams only practice Monday afternoon at 3:50 p.m.

Sam_Z
07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
These are the kind of reports we need to hear/read. Im really excited about Travis Henry, in Denver I think he has the potential to be up the with LT.

Dj Williams is going to have a huge coming out party sometime this season and Im guessing it'll be either opening day at buffalo or against SD by knocking LT to the turf as a certain denver safety once did to a kansas city running back named okoye.