View Full Version : Torn between 2 Runners

BroncoFan_In_AZ
07-30-2007, 04:04 PM
CeciL Sapp vs. Mike BeLL

Torn between two runners
Feeling Like a FooL
'Cause keeping them both
Is breaking all the ruLes

I am (rip) Torn between two runners. Mike Bell and CeciL Sapp. After a few years at fullback, Cecil Sapp is being asked to convert back to the tail-back position that he played in college. Also in that position battle is Mike Bell. University of Arizona graduate and life-long Bronco fan. When Mike Bell made the Broncos team, it was readily apparent how thrilled he was. Living a boyhood dream. As a kid he was a Terrell Davis fan. He wore a Terrell Davis jersey. Now he himself is a Broncos running back. Clearly, Travis Henry is the starting back. He will get the bulk of the carries as long as he stays healthy. Cecil Sapp is a Colorado State grad. Another guy who is fun to root for. A guy you hope makes the team. But there's only one back up running back. And I cant decide, I wont decide, who to root for. I want them both to succeed. I Don't want either one of them to lose. I want to see them both have careers as a Denver Bronco. So this is a battle I will be following closely during Training Camp. Who's it gonna be? CeciL Sapp or Mike Bell?

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Travis Henry.

aaronheeb
07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I like Mike Bell more at the position of RB and he showed that he can get the job done last year. On the other hand it is a BIG plus that Sapp can play both positions and if, in a bind, can go back to FB and be functional there. When you have only 53 spots that makes Sapp a little better...

I for one love Bell as a backup (would of loved to see him as a started last year over tatum) and love KJ as our FB... (what fullback has hands like KJ??) But if that is the case then we have no real backup at FB since we have Cecil losin the weight to play RB...

I dont know how it will pan out but i know what you are thinking

Rollo
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I say both we are gonna make the teamas backups

1st string.Travis Henry(#20,starter)
2nd string. Mike Bell (#30,3rd down back)
3rd string. Cecil Sapp (#37, Backup Kick Return)

muse
07-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I love all of them but don't forget Andre Hall either as he has a different style which may be good in a change-of-pace role. Cecil will most likely make the roster due to his versatility. He's a true bowling ball runner, he'd be damn useful in certain situations whereas Mike is more of an all round spell for Travis as they're both similar runners. Also remember that Cecil has been very useful on special teams for the last few years too...I hope he stays with us for his career, he's a damn useful player for any team to have.

columbiaskinny
07-30-2007, 05:14 PM
In the past with Mike Anderson and Ruebun* Droughns we've had some success at moving FBs to RB and been able to maintain that high level of production at that position.

With that said, Sapp i see also being able to make that transition. He has some experiance (though in college) and that combined with the experiance he has being in this offense, should help him greatly.

It seems to benefit guys and they have a better understanding in helping them read their blocks better and setting them up.

I hope him and MBell both do well for it will only add more depth to what is the key to Denvers success.

And not to forget those guys up front too of course....the O-Line.

muse
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
MA, RD and Cecil all entered the league as RBs though. We just used them as FBs at the time because we had Clinton starting and we had no real fullback.

ballen
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
That's what pre-season games are for, and that's the great thing about Shanny. He will decide by who plays the best. Personally I think Sapp is a better fit.

topscribe
07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I say both we are gonna make the teamas backups

1st string.Travis Henry(#20,starter)
2nd string. Mike Bell (#30,3rd down back)
3rd string. Cecil Sapp (#37, Backup Kick Return)
Actually I believe you said more here than you may realize.

Mike Bell is clearly a better runner than Sapp. I believe he has the team made.
Sapp likely has #3 RB wrapped up because of his versatility. He is a decent
runner and an experienced fullback. Moreover, he is valuable on special teams,
and a backup returner.

Whereas Bell wins his job with nifty running, Sapp wins his with his versatility.

If that indeed is the way it turns out, of course.

-----

Ammaw
07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Who is Adrian Wright? Is he a player for the Broncos? My little nephew
was speaking about him. I'm not sure I have heard of him and can't seem to
find him on the team roster.:confused:

BroncoFan_In_AZ
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I heard Adrians name mentioned last week. I dont know who he is or where he came from, but somebody on t.v. spoke highly of his ability. We'll find out soon!

broncos4ever
07-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Both will make the squad. The best man will win.

Sapp since he played in Fort Collins I have always rooted for him and now he is at the correct position and he is a terrific special team player.

Mike had every chance last year and did a pretty good job. He really does though need more seasoning in my opinion. He works very hard though and that is why he will make the team if not special teams alone. He is a good back though and if someone goes down I would like to see him in there.

Sapp is getting his chance, we will see how he does with it. Pre-season games will really tell the story of who backs up Henry, just like last year.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-31-2007, 06:10 AM
I think the question is more about Hall and Young. I think Bell and Sapp will make the roster, but we almost always keep 4 RBs. Not all are active every week but they are on the roster. Reports are saying that Hall looks very good so far.

No worries for those of you torn between Bell and Sapp, foregoing an unforseen trade or some major injury, both with suit up on opening day vs Buffalo.

broncos4ever
07-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Don't forget about Paul Smith... Or does everyone think he is not going to make the squad?

BroncoFan_In_AZ
07-31-2007, 11:26 AM
I guess that's why I love the Training Camp coverage. Channel 4 does a good show. I've never heard of PauL Smith, but I'm sure I will over the next few weeks.

You might not remember him because he started out his career buried sixth in the depth chart, but once we had a guy named Terrell Davis who climbed the charts and became a starter. (It turns out he was good) :cheers:

Chubs_323
07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
They'll both make the team, and as much as I'd LOVE to see Cecil get #2, I doubt he will. He's too similar in style to Henry, and as a 3rd down type back Bell is the better option. However, if Henry goes down with an injury (heaven forbid), then Cecil might get the chance. Pre-season will tell a lot.

muse
08-01-2007, 03:23 AM
I guess that's why I love the Training Camp coverage. Channel 4 does a good show. I've never heard of PauL Smith, but I'm sure I will over the next few weeks.

We got Paul Smith mainly for his ST skills. He's got a pretty good reputation as an ST ace.

bjoli198
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't forget about Paul Smith... Or does everyone think he is not going to make the squad?

not as a halfback...

Michael123321
08-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Both Cecil and Mike are good hard runners but one has to more impresssive than the other.At this time,you can't really tell.I would thing based on the college stats that cecil might make a run at the position this year.:coffee::fight::rockon:

broncosfanscott
08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
Actually I believe you said more here than you may realize.

Mike Bell is clearly a better runner than Sapp. I believe he has the team made.
Sapp likely has #3 RB wrapped up because of his versatility. He is a decent
runner and an experienced fullback. Moreover, he is valuable on special teams,
and a backup returner.

Whereas Bell wins his job with nifty running, Sapp wins his with his versatility.

If that indeed is the way it turns out, of course.

-----

I agree with you %100.