PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be a change at the linebackers?

broncos4ever
07-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Is Nate Webster going to be our middle linebacker and DJ going back to strong side? That is what I am hearing is this wacky or true? Does anyone have any information on this?

It's early I know in training camp, so they may be experimenting with different positions... It does make some sense though...

Someone told me in the afternoon that 950 the FAN said something to this affect. Did anyone else hear this?

Lorcust
07-30-2007, 10:07 PM
There has been talk all offseason about how DJ is moving to the middle.

That's where he's going to stay, IMO.

Javalon
07-31-2007, 02:37 AM
Is Nate Webster going to be our middle linebacker and DJ going back to strong side? That is what I am hearing is this wacky or true? Does anyone have any information on this?

It's early I know in training camp, so they may be experimenting with different positions... It does make some sense though...

Someone told me in the afternoon that 950 the FAN said something to this affect. Did anyone else hear this?

I haven't heard even a hint of that. The various camp reports (and detailed, I might add) we've been getting here and on the Mane all mention D.J. still at MLB with Webster running second team. I haven't heard anything about D.J. playing even a down anywhere but in the middle.

ballen
07-31-2007, 04:31 AM
I've heard they've been trying Webster at the strong side. I think Williams will stay in the middle regardless of what happens.

BroncoSexyDaddy
07-31-2007, 04:57 AM

Someone told me in the afternoon that 950 the FAN said something to this affect. Did anyone else hear this?No i havent heard that, but it makes a lot of sense.Webster has played MLB when he played for the Bengals so that move would not surprise me.

Webster is a good player if he is over his injuries. :coffee:

SeeingRed
07-31-2007, 04:59 AM
I haven't heard even a hint of that. The various camp reports (and detailed, I might add) we've been getting here and on the Mane all mention D.J. still at MLB with Webster running second team. I haven't heard anything about D.J. playing even a down anywhere but in the middle.

Same here. I've never heard of DJ staying outside. All that anyone is saying is how capable they think DJ is of playing in the middle, and so forth.

NuggetFan
07-31-2007, 06:09 AM
They want to move DJ over to middle to get him on the field more. They aren't going to reverse that and take the minutes away again that would just be going back to square one.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-31-2007, 06:18 AM
DJ has trained all offseason to make the transition. I don't think they'd change now. Plus, DJ has been making plays at MIKE these past two days at training camp.

broncos4ever
07-31-2007, 07:35 AM
That sounds good. I thought it was crazy when I heard it especially with all that I have read with him going to the middle and learning it. Also Channel 4 had him on and talking about it.

Someone said a local sportscaster said that here so it may be just the sports caster surmizing and nothing to it.

I was just wondering if anyone heard this. Did not make sense to me because of all the hype in the off-season about moving DJ to middle after we lost Al.

The only thread of truth seemed possible was Nate Websters natural position is middle and he played middle for us when he was backing up Al of if Al was hurt.

There is always a thread of truth in every RUMOR, isn't there?

Anyway not wanting to start any rumor, just asking.

B4E

BroncoFan_In_AZ
07-31-2007, 11:30 AM
The way I understand it, Nate Webster is expected to be D.J. 's back up at Middle Linebacker. So somebody saw him playing middle, and then the rumors started flying. I was surprised to hear he'd be a back up. They pumped him up as one heck of an outstanding athlete when they picked him up.