PDA

View Full Version : How to attend training camp

svpearson
07-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi all, I am considering coming to training camp next year.

Is it open to anyone who wants to attend? Are there certain practices that are closed to the public? How far outside Denver is it? Recommend a hotel somewhere near bye?

Thanks!

kobalt7387
07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
i just came home from my first training camp, it was fun.

Is it open to anyone who wants to attend?
yes, and it is free, with an open parking lot. when that gets full youll be walking from down the road somewhere.

Are there certain practices that are closed to the public?
i dont think so but there is a schedule for their camps on their website. it also tells you that they sign autographs after practice on days they dont do special teams practice. they seemed to move from different drills/typess of practice pretty frequently so depending on where on the grass you are sitting you could see some good stuff.

How far outside Denver is it? Recommend a hotel somewhere near bye?
it is in Englewood which is just south/southeast of denver. this depends where you're from. you take I-25 to Arapahoe Rd (south from downtown denver) then go east on Arapahoe Rd. about 5-10 mins to peoria, then just go south there until you see it on the left. it is near the Centennial Airport. You can get the address also from their website.

i dont really know the hotels around because i just live on the other side of the highway... but i hope i was some help. bring water it gets hot! and if you plan on getting autographs, be there way early and just wait on the side of the building near the broncos store. the people that get the autographs dont even watch the practice, or they save a spot and switch off, but some get there at 6am or before just to start a line. they bring 4 players ad sometimes a coach for 10 mins only, then they leave. sometimes they bring 2 players at a time, but they didnt today. i was too far back in line.

Dream
07-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the information. The thing that has me worried is the age in some states you have to be to get a rental car. I'm sure that there's a way you can pay for a bus or public transit to get to Dove Valley?

Who knows!

svpearson
07-31-2007, 11:58 AM
i just came home from my first training camp, it was fun.

Is it open to anyone who wants to attend?
yes, and it is free, with an open parking lot. when that gets full youll be walking from down the road somewhere.

Are there certain practices that are closed to the public?
i dont think so but there is a schedule for their camps on their website. it also tells you that they sign autographs after practice on days they dont do special teams practice. they seemed to move from different drills/typess of practice pretty frequently so depending on where on the grass you are sitting you could see some good stuff.

How far outside Denver is it? Recommend a hotel somewhere near bye?
it is in Englewood which is just south/southeast of denver. this depends where you're from. you take I-25 to Arapahoe Rd (south from downtown denver) then go east on Arapahoe Rd. about 5-10 mins to peoria, then just go south there until you see it on the left. it is near the Centennial Airport. You can get the address also from their website.

i dont really know the hotels around because i just live on the other side of the highway... but i hope i was some help. bring water it gets hot! and if you plan on getting autographs, be there way early and just wait on the side of the building near the broncos store. the people that get the autographs dont even watch the practice, or they save a spot and switch off, but some get there at 6am or before just to start a line. they bring 4 players ad sometimes a coach for 10 mins only, then they leave. sometimes they bring 2 players at a time, but they didnt today. i was too far back in line.

Cool thanks for the info. Im not real interested in autographs, would be nice but not worth missing the action to get.

SBboundBRONCOS
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
hey what the best time to get there. im heading out for next monday and need to know what time i should plan on being there to beat the rush

kobalt7387
08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
i would recommend early. i havent been to an afternoon practice, just morning but i got there at 730ish and had a good spot in the parking lot. you pretty much go stand in line but where i was put me pretty close to the middle of the field they line the crowd next to. some people get there earlier but it worked for me.. shoot for 730.