PDA

View Full Version : Javon and Stokley also sidelined by injury today

denverobsession
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Andrew Mason's MORNING REPORT (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/08/03/training-camp-day-6-morning-session/) is up on his blog...

Of not. Brandon Stokley was held out due to a thigh injury and this fine piece of news....

Javon Walker became the latest wide receiver to encounter an infirmity when he pulled up holding his upper left leg while running a pass route during two-minute drill work midway through the session. Walker remained on the field for two more snaps and then went to the sidelines. He did not return for the remainder of the day. “He got a little tightness,” Shanahan said. “I wasn’t sure if he cramped up, but he didn’t pull anything. It just got a little tight, so we kept him out.”
-- ANDREW MASON 8/3/07

Ouch... our receivers need to catch a break...

jhns
08-03-2007, 11:53 AM
So, we will really be a running team this season. It will be fun going into the season with 6 receivers on the PUP list and no active ones!

rbk_bronco
08-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.:eek:

Giveemlove
08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Ok, instead of calling off one training camp, maybe it's time to call the whole thing off.....geez!

underrated29
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
we do, but thankfully they are not out....fear of saying it......you can figure out what i was going to say.

we should be full throttle for game 1.

denverobsession
08-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Walker just had a cramp so he will be back next practise hopefully, but man do we ever have alot of people out.:eek:

Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps! :smug:

rbk_bronco
08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Walker will be back at the next practice. But you're right, we're looking thin on the field today.

Good news is that the remaining guys seemed to look good. Heck, I'm pulling for guys like David Kircus and Nate Jackson, so it's great to see them taking advantage of their chances at more reps! :smug:

I am really hoping Hixon and Kircus step up now, especially Hixon he has speed and he's pretty big to so it would be nice to have him as our 4th WR, and maybe third when Stokley moves on.

CSU_stat
08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
In related news, I just pulled an eye muscle reading the list of injured receivers, and am now listed as questionable for the afternoon list...

TheWookieeBronco
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Damn.

In my opinion Javon is maybe the most important member on the team. With no Javon then Cutler has no target unless BMarsh turns out amazing. Stokely, while good, isn't a guy you want to throw to all the time.

Javon will probably be back soon but I think our receivers need to take it easy.

Doggcow
08-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Why is everyone so finnickey? This is training camp, even if he did pull something he would be at full strength by season start.

McKeough
08-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Why is everyone so finnickey? This is training camp, even if he did pull something he would be at full strength by season start.

Missing practice hurts. A lot.

Bryceleo
08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
The funny thing is they never really go into too much detail as to what Stokley's thigh injury is. I'm sure it's nothing major and he will be back in practice on Monday. Stokley is working really hard to make this team.

denverobsession
08-03-2007, 12:32 PM
The funny thing is they never really go into too much detail as to what Stokley's thigh injury is. I'm sure it's nothing major and he will be back in practice on Monday. Stokley is working really hard to make this team.

Yeah, I like Stokley a LOT. He's been a great surprise this camp. I'm sure he'll be good to go soon... I think Shanahan has started to pull guys prior to getting them 'really' hurt, so they can rest and go full speed again next week.

// / yardo
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
This is ridiculous and disappointing. I can understand a couple guys but our receivers are dropping like flies. Is our conditioning program that bad that our guys can't run all out on a consistent basis. Leg injuries like this are attributed to a lack of conditioning.

rbk_bronco
08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Some guys are saying that it don't matter it's only Training Camp but if this continues all year, then were in ALOT of trouble.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Earl Bennett, or Early Doucet. Say hello to the Broncos come April :D

rbk_bronco
08-03-2007, 12:57 PM
DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Earl Bennett, or Early Doucet. Say hello to the Broncos come April :D

We should really look into all of them, I know from watching Michigan that Manningham would be a good receiver for us.

Sam_Z
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Im interested to see more of Dominic Hixon and Brian Clark. Shanahan has spoken highly of them in the past and seems to hold them both in high regards so maybe this will show us all something.

Bryceleo
08-03-2007, 01:21 PM
This is ridiculous and disappointing. I can understand a couple guys but our receivers are dropping like flies. Is our conditioning program that bad that our guys can't run all out on a consistent basis. Leg injuries like this are attributed to a lack of conditioning.

That is not necessarily true. I mean you can't blame conditioning if a guy takes a helmet to the quad and has a thigh bruise? just little things that happen some things are do to bumps and bruises and why would you want a guy like Stokley or Walker to keep playing for a day on cramped up muscles to where they can get hurt even worse. :fight: Now if it was a game situation get them some fluids and get them back in but they are proven starters and can sit out and afternoon.

Now guys who are still fighting to prove something they need to get their b***s off the bench and back in the game!!!

silkamilkamonic
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Any chance we could trade WR's with Philadelphia?

DancingHorsey
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Calm down everyone. It's not all that bad. None of the injuries are serious (aside from Holdman), and in some cases the guys would probably still be playing if it was an actual game situation. Injuries happen in training camp, especially minor nagging ones due to fatigue. It's nothing to worry about yet. :coffee:

silkamilkamonic
08-03-2007, 03:01 PM
DeSean Jackson.

Dude has great hands and Deion Sanders like explosiveness.

I want him, or Darren McFadden next year.

Doggcow
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Missing practice hurts. A lot.

Not as bad as missing games.

The only injury I've seen that may effect season play even slightly is Gore's.

dogfish
08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
just got this email from my best friend. . .

The team must be getting really desperate at Dove Valley. They've invited me into camp to try out for Wide Receiver. I'll give it my best shot, but I figured they just need another body in there to take some reps. I'll let you know how it goes...wish me luck.

he's a pretty tough dude, but his 40 is for ****. . . i told him anything was better than bringing back charlie adams. . .

Kaylore
08-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Javon wasn't injured, he was cramping.

TXBRONC
08-03-2007, 03:44 PM

I saw that you had posted in this thread and I came here first. Thanks for the update Kaylore.:salute:

DenBronx
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
this has got to be really frustrating for cutler.

broncosfanscott
08-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Calm down everyone. It's not all that bad. None of the injuries are serious (aside from Holdman), and in some cases the guys would probably still be playing if it was an actual game situation. Injuries happen in training camp, especially minor nagging ones due to fatigue. It's nothing to worry about yet. :coffee:

Yeah, I know. Although it gets a little discouraging when every time I check the Broncos website somebody sat out practice. Our first game isn't another10 days so I think they will be fine by then.

On the other hand this will give some guys who are on the bottom of the depth chart a chance to show Shanny and everybody what they can do. Who know, maybe one of them will surprise us.

Gameday situations are different and there is no reason to push yourself in practice when you have a cramp or something.

4th Amigo
08-04-2007, 08:07 AM
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!

Chill guys, it's training camp, and these things happen, everyone will be fine come game 1 which is what really matters. The coachs are ULTRA consertive with key players during camp so as not to cause any real injuries......:D

topscribe
08-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, you just made my day! *wipes brow*

-----

DenBronx
08-04-2007, 10:27 AM
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!

Chill guys, it's training camp, and these things happen, everyone will be fine come game 1 which is what really matters. The coachs are ULTRA consertive with key players during camp so as not to cause any real injuries......:D

the coaches might be ultra conservative with the play calling but doesnt mean the 4th or 5th stringer that is trying to make the team will be. dont tell me jeff shoate wont try and lay the wood on someone to try and make an impact for a position to stay on the team.

4th Amigo
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
the coaches might be ultra conservative with the play calling but doesnt mean the 4th or 5th stringer that is trying to make the team will be. dont tell me jeff shoate wont try and lay the wood on someone to try and make an impact for a position to stay on the team.

Agreed, I only meant that most of the injuries that are happening now are just the typical things and the coaches are going to take extra special care of our "golden boys" like Javon or Travis. And I may totally off base here cause I have never been to training camp, but I would think that if someone like Jeff Shoate did any wood layin' on say, Javon, that he would hear from the coaches for it. He will have his shot during preseason games. Most videos and articles I have read seem to point to the coaches and players not taking too kindly to training camp fodder type players going too hard and trying to make a name for themselves by taking the head off of a starter. But like I said, I could be totally wrong, just my perception.

But I know I would be real pissed if some nobody who will be on practice squad or cut injured a starter I am paying several mil a year to, just bad business....:goofy: