PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Moss now injured?

Giveemlove
08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Just heard on 950TheFan that he was carted off the field with a left knee injury.....:brick: WTH!! Hope it isn't anything serious! They stated that he had beaten Pears and was moving towards the QB, when he pulled up and went to the ground. Carted off by coaches request. Don't know the severity, let's hope it's the coaches just being careful.

Has there ever been this many injuries in a camp?

Hawgdriver
08-06-2007, 09:09 AM
crap.

*sigh*

:brick:

rbk_bronco
08-06-2007, 09:11 AM
He probally just pulled something, lets hope it's nothign serious.

no-pseudo-fan
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
this is the internet age. We need more info quicker.:fight:

Giveemlove
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
this is the internet age. We need more info quicker.:fight:

Ugh...they announced this about 5 min before going to the national show. So no updates......:brick:

y2cragie
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
sounds like we'll start the season with less players healthy, than we finished the last with.

bjpenn
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6556054

Hopefully he is ok.

Orange_Crush21
08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Here's what the DP has, not a whole lot of info:

Broncos' DE Moss injured
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 08/06/2007 10:31:14 AM MDT

Broncos' rookie defensive end Jarvis Moss, the team's first-round pick, left Monday's practice at Dove Valley with a left-knee injury. Broncos' first-round pick Jarvis Moss departed today's morning practice with a knee injury. The injury occurred about 9:35 a.m., but further details on the severity of his injury aren't known.

The No. 17 overall pick was taken off the field on a cart after injuring his left knee. The pass-rushing defensive end was injured in an individual pass-rushing drill. He attempted a spin move, planted his leg, then fell to the ground. He got to his feet, but was assisted to the cart.

Moss was drafted to give the Broncos some much needed help in its defensive pass rush. He signed a five-year, $18 million deal on July 28.

anton...
08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
im going to bed and when i awake i better hear some good news about all this!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fight:

:hurt:

ChampWJ
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
If this is indeed true, our new depth will be tested early. Let's hope Jarvis is not going to be out long.

y2cragie
08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Might be worth making a call to Strahan if it is serious. Start convincing him its worth playing another year.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2007, 09:48 AM
The coping process...

:shake:

:mad:

:sick:

:laugh: (<-- think Jack Nicholson in 'Cuckoo's Nest')

:(

antd700
08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_6556054

Oh dear! Doesn't sound good at all.

MilitantDBFan
08-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Sounds like an ACL, a non contact injury. Hopefully its not, either way not good for the Broncos. Simeon Rice or Michael Strahan anyone?

Rollo
08-06-2007, 10:01 AM
damn :salute::salute:

Hawgdriver
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Looks like we have parallel universes in the TC sub forum and here (i.e. we have duplicate threads). Can someone merge them?

PowderAddict
08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow, that really sucks. He was coming along pretty well from the sounds of things.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds :(

Fat Joe
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Hopefully its not an ACL and is just a mild sprain or something. Keep your fingers crossed.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Man this sucks. If he's out for more than 8 weeks, we have to go after Rice or Strahan, HAVE TO.

Ravage!!!
08-06-2007, 10:11 AM
how does anyone get that this sounds like an ACL??

Here is the article from ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2963179

Says he was down on the field for five minutes before getting up and walking gingerly, then carted off. But, as of right now, there is no way to know the severity of the injury. I hope its not an ACL. I was excited about his potential.

We won't sign strahan or Rice, because the Giants will sign Rice.

Astrass
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Damn.....I hope it was more precaution then anything else. Being carted off tho, very bad sign.

honestpatsfan
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Maybe it was bad mojo from this thread:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=98511

Just for the record, I won't be posting a thread on the Pats board with "Ruh Roh" in the title nor will I make light of his injury.

Hope he gets better soon.

cutlerfan
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Dang!! He is one I was going to keep an eye on! I was so excited with him coming here!

BayAreaBronco
08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Now this just sucks.

LDB
08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Seems like a bad year for injuries already. :doh:

socalorado1
08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Could someone please put up all the injuries that have happened at camp so far?
This is getting ridiculous.

PatrickdaDookie
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like it's going to be one of those years...

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Might be worth making a call to Strahan if it is serious. Start convincing him its worth playing another year.

Yup, tell him he could be the key to our superbowl run.

Eddiemac730
08-06-2007, 10:29 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_6556054

Oh dear! Doesn't sound good at all.

gosh darnit please be a twisted knee,the broncos trainers think it is a twisted knee keep your finger's cross broncos country

hilife
08-06-2007, 10:34 AM
This was on the Mane. They say it's from Mason I'm assuming Andrew Mason.

Moss appeared to be in obvious pain immediately after suffering the injury. He began to hop on one leg and then crashed to the grass in the north end zone of the west practice field. Moss occasionally held his hand against his forehead in agony as he was being treated.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=59150

TheGlue Factory
08-06-2007, 10:35 AM
A little ray of hope... He got up on his own and then was assisted to the cart. If it's an ACL it doesn't sound like a bad one.

PatrickdaDookie
08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
A little ray of hope... He got up on his own and then was assisted to the cart. If it's an ACL it doesn't sound like a bad one.

Lepsis tore his ACL last year, then stayed in for another play...

Bronco_Armada
08-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Great, as soon as we have an off season with great additions, this happens. plagued with injuries.

Grerat, just great. :ugh:

This could be the Broncos down fall.

Giveemlove
08-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Great, that doesn't sound too encouraging.

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Yea that doesn't look good.

A twisted knee isn't "agony" like that.

I would assume it is an ACL or something along those lines.

This really sucks. That is NOT a good injury for a DE to have career wise.

jhns
08-06-2007, 10:45 AM

If you read the rest of Mason's blog, he also states that Moss was able to put weight on the knee before being carted off. He also says that the knee was not loose and that is a good sign. His conclusion, or Shanny's, was that it is probably a twisted knee.

jhns
08-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Yea that doesn't look good.

A twisted knee isn't "agony" like that.

I would assume it is an ACL or something along those lines.

This really sucks. That is NOT a good injury for a DE to have career wise.

That agony was only for a couple minutes though. It says in Mason's blog that he got up after that and was putting pressure on the knee.

tpoz34
08-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Im guessing MCL not the ACL, when u tear the ACL u usally cant put weight on it.. THe MCL u can just the knee feels a little loose to yourself doctors cant really tell until an MIR.. but i think MCL = 3 to 6 weeks depending on how bad!!! Better then all year!!
I have tore both my MCL and ACL

B-Love
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Why do people get encouraged when a player with an injured knee walks off.

Terrell Davis walked himself, under his own power, to the locker room in 1999 against the Jets.

That didn't turn out too good.

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
That agony was only for a couple minutes though. It says in Mason's blog that he got up after that and was putting pressure on the knee.

I hope your right. An ACL injury could be devastating psychologically for a pass rushing DE trying to make cuts to get to the QB.

antd700
08-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Im guessing MCL not the ACL, when u tear the ACL u usally cant put weight on it.. THe MCL u can just the knee feels a little loose to yourself doctors cant really tell until an MIR.. but i think MCL = 3 to 6 weeks depending on how bad!!! Better then all year!!

Didn't Bmarsh do his MCL last year in pre-season too?

// / yardo
08-06-2007, 10:57 AM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/

Mason has some info on it. I haven't read the blog yet just thought I'd post it here.

Hopefully Moss is OK.

Another day, another injury for the Broncos as training camp continued to exact a toll on the roster Monday morning.

This time, the afflicted player was rookie defensive end Jarvis Moss, who hit the ground after making a spin move during a one-on-one drill midway through the two-and-a-quarter-hour session at Dove Valley.

Moss was treated on the field for several minutes by Broncos medical personnel and was eventually helped to the sidelines, although it appeared he was able to put some weight on the knee. After arriving at the sidelines, a cart was summoned, which transported him back to the headquarters building for further examination.

The extent of the injury was unclear at the end of practice.

“(The medical staff) really does not know,” Shanahan said. “They think it’s a twist(ed) knee. It’s not loose right now, which is a good sign. But until you look at that MRI, you’re not really sure.”

Moss appeared to be in obvious pain immediately after suffering the injury. He began to hop on one leg and then crashed to the grass in the north end zone of the west practice field. Moss occasionally held his hand against his forehead in agony as he was being treated.

As we hear more, we’ll pass it along.

tnedator
08-06-2007, 10:58 AM

I thought with both the MCL and ACL the length of time had to do with whether it was a complete tear or partial tear. I was under the impression that a complete tear of the MCL had a similar recovery time (6+ months) as a complete ACL tear. Is that not the case? Maybe the ball players (baseball and football) that I have seen out for extended periods of time with MCL's, actually tore both MCL and ACL's, which sometimes happens with severe injuries.

Either way, I sure hope that this is a relatively minor injury. I was looking forward to seeing Moss help the line get some pressure, even if only in obvious passing downs initially.

hilife
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Hopefully it's not to serious but if it has to be a tear let it be the MCL and not the ACL.

EDIT: Based on Tnedator's info. MCL might be just as bad as ACL. So no tear! No Tear

antiwup
08-06-2007, 11:11 AM
what the hell is going on!! we have several injuries this offseason! what are the conditioning trainers doing, napping! those idiots need to get in to high gear and get these athletes preped for the long and argous journey to the superbowl!

Ohio
08-06-2007, 11:13 AM
What the heck, Henry had or has a hip pointer, Stokley got hurt now Jarvis Moss wrecked his knee, this is not good, I wanted Moss to be a terror on the pass rush this season, I hope it's not to serious!

Hartley
08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Here is what Kaylor said over on the Mane:

"I'm back and I'll comment here before I get to my report. He dropped down and was carted off. He was grabbing the lower part of his knee and looked to be in a lot of pain. It's a shame too because they released the new depth chart today and he was the second team defense end. He was tearing it up in practice. Greek said that the ligament wasn't loose so it might be partial tear. There is still a (what I feel is next to zero) chance it could be something less severe.

After he was gone we really only got pressure up the middle. It will be more of the same this year without him: No pass rush. I'm not someone who believes that different coaches can magically make average players amazing. Tim Crowder doesn't do anything in pass rush situations. He's still slow off the line and has no burst. That leaves Engelberger and Ekuban. So even marginal tackles should be able to handle our rush now. Dumervil and Lang are buried on the third team. Be grateful our corners are good because our front four just took a big loss of he's out for the season (and I suspect he is)."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=59150&page=2

Mount-n-Groan
08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
what the hell is going on!! we have several injuries this offseason! what are the conditioning trainers doing, napping! those idiots need to get in to high gear and get these athletes preped for the long and argous journey to the superbowl!

What? Do you think we're the only team with offseason and training camp injuries?

FYI - Rich Tuten is considered one of the more aggressive and complete strength & conditioning coaches in the league.

Hardly, "an idiot" either. Tuten, napping? :laugh:

:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
08-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Simeon Rice is still a FA. If Moss' injury is serious, make the call, Shanny. I'm dead serious. If we have Championship aspirations (as we supposedly do every year) we won't get there without a pass rush. I don't care who our CBs are.

We have a ton of dead weight money we could get rid of in order to sign Rice if necessary (starting with all the TEs except for Graham, Scheffler, and Leach). If Moss is out for an extended period, i'd really like to see us make a play for Rice.

BaileyTheBest
08-06-2007, 11:20 AM

i've seen guys walk off the field with torn ACLs before.

hilife
08-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Simeon Rice is still a FA. If Moss' injury is serious, make the call, Shanny. I'm dead serious. If we have Championship aspirations (as we supposedly do every year) we won't get there without a pass rush. I don't care who our CBs are.

We have a ton of dead weight money we could get rid of in order to sign Rice if necessary (starting with all the TEs except for Graham, Scheffler, and Leach). If Moss is out for an extended period, i'd really like to see us make a play for Rice.

That might be best. Sign him to a one year deal till Moss comes back. but that's only if he's out for a long time

Bronco_Rob
08-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Guess we better start making some moves for Simeon Rice...

jhns
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
You guy's must think Rice or Strahan are going to be real cheap. The Bronco's have almost no cap room now.

socalorado1
08-06-2007, 11:37 AM
You guy's must think Rice or Strahan are going to be real cheap. The Bronco's have almost no cap room now.

Isnt strahan still under contract? I think it would require a trade for that to happen.

Bronx4me
08-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Per ESPN:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos first-round draft pick Jarvis Moss injured his left knee during 1-on-1 pass-rush drills Monday and was taken off the field for medical tests.

The Broncos were evaluating the injury Monday afternoon, but early indications were that it was not serious, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported.

Moss, who signed a five-year, $18 million deal on July 28, was injured when he did a spin move past an offensive lineman, then began hopping on one leg before crumpling to the grass. He stayed down for five minutes before getting up and walking gingerly to the sideline. He got into a cart and was taken to the locker room.

The defensive end from Florida was the 17th overall selection in the NFL draft. He was expected to provide the Broncos' pass rush with some much-needed help.

Last week, linebacker Warrick Holdman suffered a spinal cord concussion during practice and was hospitalized. He returned to the sideline Saturday but has yet to be cleared to return to action.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
The Broncos were evaluating the injury Monday afternoon, but early indications were that it was not serious, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported.

Man I feel like I just dropped 800lbs off my back

jhns
08-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Isnt strahan still under contract? I think it would require a trade for that to happen.

I just put those two names because they where the ones being brought up. Either way we don't have enough money unless the team did something to releave some space that I didn't hear about. So if you want a trade or a signing, you are going to have to lower your standards.

Javalon
08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
If you read the rest of Mason's blog, he also states that Moss was able to put weight on the knee before being carted off. He also says that the knee was not loose and that is a good sign. His conclusion, or Shanny's, was that it is probably a twisted knee.

I seem to remember Olandis Gary finishing the rest of a football game without realizing he had torn his ACL. Being able to put weight on it doesn't mean it's not that bad. (Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. :))

I really hope this isn't serious as it sounds like he was coming along really quick for a rookie and was likely to be a contributor right away. Of course, I wish him well just a person as I'm sure this would devestate him emotionally, as well.

Get well quick, Jarvis!

!ceman
08-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Way too much Chicken Little over this.

We'll find out what the deal is with him in short order. His knee was stable so I doubt it's an ACL Tear. However, it could be a MCL and that could sideline him for several weeks. Honestly though, I'm a "glass is half full" kind of guy. If he has to sit for the next 6 or 7 or even 8 weeks he'll only come on with fresh legs. Jarvis Moss with fresh legs is a chore for anybody. Perhaps he comes back fully healthy and rested in time for the Colts game.

My personal opinion from the sounds of things. He'll miss the preseason but be ready for the regular season (healthwise) it will take him a few more weeks to get into game shape, so figure he'll be ready by week 3 or 4.

Again, I'm a glass is half full kind of guy. Some of you folks have glasses that are cracked and leak like a sieve! No worries, you're here to post an opinion but don't get too worked up over this, it's not the end of the world (or our season for that matter) if Moss misses time, even if it's the whole season.

socalorado1
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I just put those two names because they where the ones being brought up. Either way we don't have enough money unless the team did something to releave some space that I didn't hear about. So if you want a trade or a signing, you are going to have to lower your standards.

Apparently from over at the Mane, Khan and the other guys were saying that Dumerville is playing on the 3rd team. Dude was relegated by Moss and Crowder almost from the start, and now this!
WAY, WAY to many injuries at camp. This is getting stupid.
And isnt Strahan injured or recovering from injury? I know Rice has/had the shoulder issue which to me makes him absolutely worthless, but i am not sure about Stahan, i thought i remember him have a ankle or toe issue.

socalorado1
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Man I feel like I just dropped 800lbs off my back

Pfft. That dont mean squat! 1st Len does NOTHING at E!SPN. He just recieves info from Websites then trys to take credit like he's Clark Kent working to get the scoop.
He knows nothing. The guys that are at the camp are the one's whos opinion i would listen to. And there opinion is that its not good.

!ceman
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Pfft. That dont mean squat! 1st Len does NOTHING at E!SPN. He just recieves info from Websites then trys to take credit like he's Clark Kent working to get the scoop.
He knows nothing. The guys that are at the camp are the one's whos opinion i would listen to. And there opinion is that its not good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Shanny said that it wasn't loose didn't he? Pretty sure he attends camp and has good seats. Some would say he has the "inside scoop" even. Sarc. aside, wait until the official word comes out. People are getting all worked up over a series of possibilities. It's possible he's only out a few days with a sprain... and it's possible that he's shredded every ligament in his knee and will never play football again. Until we know for sure lets just speculate and assume that the world is not going to end.

DrewB
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe it was bad mojo from this thread:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=98511

Just for the record, I won't be posting a thread on the Pats board with "Ruh Roh" in the title nor will I make light of his injury.

Hope he gets better soon.

How long have you been sitting back praying for an Injury so you can post this garbage ??

socalorado1
08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Shanny said that it wasn't loose didn't he? Pretty sure he attends camp and has good seats. Some would say he has the "inside scoop" even. Sarc. aside, wait until the official word comes out. People are getting all worked up over a series of possibilities. It's possible he's only out a few days with a sprain... and it's possible that he's shredded every ligament in his knee and will never play football again. Until we know for sure lets just speculate and assume that the world is not going to end.

Yeah well, i wouldnt go off of what Shanny says. Hes known to downplay injuries to key players. ( Plummer concusion vs. SD anyone?)
I was more or lass saying that len is NOT the guy to get info from. Guys a clown whos notorious for taking credit for others work.
i would go off of what they are saying at the Mane over len any day of the week and twice on sundays.
But yeah, it all just speculation.

Hawgdriver
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Way too much Chicken Little over this.

We'll find out what the deal is with him in short order. His knee was stable so I doubt it's an ACL Tear. However, it could be a MCL and that could sideline him for several weeks. Honestly though, I'm a "glass is half full" kind of guy. If he has to sit for the next 6 or 7 or even 8 weeks he'll only come on with fresh legs. Jarvis Moss with fresh legs is a chore for anybody. Perhaps he comes back fully healthy and rested in time for the Colts game.

My personal opinion from the sounds of things. He'll miss the preseason but be ready for the regular season (healthwise) it will take him a few more weeks to get into game shape, so figure he'll be ready by week 3 or 4.

Again, I'm a glass is half full kind of guy. Some of you folks have glasses that are cracked and leak like a sieve! No worries, you're here to post an opinion but don't get too worked up over this, it's not the end of the world (or our season for that matter) if Moss misses time, even if it's the whole season.

No. You're wrong. I'm underreacting. I need to put my fist through a wall, and then things will be cool.

Ok, joking aside, I hope you are right. I hope Moss isn't in crutches for too long.

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
If it is at all in seriousness where he is going to miss half the season, I would rather denver put him on IR for the year and let him rehab it through the entire year instead of trying to rush back and risking further injury.

I don't see a full on SuperBowl push this season from Denver, and I would hate to risk the future production of a guy like Moss just for half a season if that situation presented itself.

jcdavey
08-06-2007, 12:23 PM
i hope he's ok for you guys, you never want to see a guy get injured especially a first rounder with his entire career in front of him

SeeingRed
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I only read through three pages, but here's my input...

Usually when you plant and twist, it puts pressure on the miniscus (sp?). If your body twists too far over your planted foot, the miniscus will "pop" and tear.

If that's the case, bummer for him and for us.

A good general rule of thumb is that the more it hurts at first, the less severe it will be. I've seen people tear their ACL and play the rest of a hockey game without knowing it was torn until they took their pads off and saw the grapefruit that their knee had become.

!ceman
08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
If it is at all in seriousness where he is going to miss half the season, I would rather denver put him on IR for the year and let him rehab it through the entire year instead of trying to rush back and risking further injury.

I don't see a full on SuperBowl push this season from Denver, and I would hate to risk the future production of a guy like Moss just for half a season if that situation presented itself.

You know, the silver lining might be just that... put him on the shelf for the year (if it is indeed bad) and let him get his strength back and thensome. I'm sure everybody is well aware of his Staph infection and that he's not very strong mainly b/c of that infection. A full year of working out and getting in shape could only help in the long run. Make no mistake, I want to see him on the field right now b/c I think he can be very productive... but the Silver Lining is that he could potentially come back next year a complete player with much more playing strength. Imagine a 265-270# Jarvis Moss!

underrated29
08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
ITS NOT the end of the world guys. yeah it sucks, but ihave this feeling he is not gone for the year.

also, as quite a few would agree, its the dt position that was our biggest weakness, we could get pressure of the edges but the qb would step into the pocket. but now we got sammy kennedy and big daddy with some healthy toes to blow up the pocket. thats what we need.

i will panick when the dt's go down. until then, elvis,tim,lang,neezer will do just fine. Plus this year we should have more "coverage sacks".

so all is not lost. lets jsut hope moss gets back in time for our playoff run.

TXBRONC
08-06-2007, 12:49 PM
ITS NOT the end of the world guys. yeah it sucks, but ihave this feeling he is not gone for the year.

also, as quite a few would agree, its the dt position that was our biggest weakness, we could get pressure of the edges but the qb would step into the pocket. but now we got sammy kennedy and big daddy with some healthy toes to blow up the pocket. thats what we need.

i will panick when the dt's go down. until then, elvis,tim,lang,neezer will do just fine. Plus this year we should have more "coverage sacks".

so all is not lost. lets jsut hope moss gets back in time for our playoff run.

Panicking isn't going to change anything one way or the other. Hopefully its nothing to serious. According Mason it looked like he was at the very least putting some weight on it. Probably by tomorrow will have much better idea of the extent of the injury. Hopefully it's nothing real serious.

BroncoStampede
08-06-2007, 12:50 PM
It is awful to see your first round pick injured possibly seriously in camp like this but:

We have good depth at DE, and we know Dumervil can rush the passer (8.5 sacks in his rookie season) and Ekuban has talent against the run and pass. We still have Engleberger who is solid but cant pass rush, Lang who can pass rush, and Crowder who might be able to defend well against the run and have a pass rush.

Its likely that Moss will be a situational pass rusher this year, so if he can make it back at all this season it will be a positive for us. Remember we upgraded our DTs too with Marcus Thomas, Sam Adams, etc.. and this new system under Bates should improve our sack totals from last year even without Moss.

bleedbluorange
08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I knew something was bad when I saw so many ppl logged on. That's always my first indication something is going on. Seeing that it's training camp I knew it was bad. Jarvis Moss dam

xX-Bronco-Xx
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I think I crapped through my ears when I saw this. :eek:

bleedbluorange
08-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I think I crapped through my ears when I saw this. :eek:

It sounds really bad. Those non contact injuries are tough.

Humberg
08-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Okay, I see a lot of people making statements about knee injuries and the amount of pain, the looseness, the type of twisting, the fact that he walked off in the end etc. I'd just like to set a couple of things straight.

Truth is, as Shanahan said, nobody will know the extent of the knee injury until an MRI is done. The remainder of this stuff is meaningless. There is a continuum here, a twisted knee (on the benign end) means a pull or stretch of ligaments and tendons (microtears) resulting in pain and inflammation. "An ACL" or "an MCL" is typically a partial or complete tear of one of those ligaments. You can have intense pain or no pain from both ends of the spectrum. You can walk, or continue to play on it and still have a pretty bad injury. Conversely you can have intense symptoms and just have a "sprained" or "twisted" knee. The "looseness" refers to the "drawer test" that can sometimes be present on someone with a full ACL - but this isn't 100% diagnostic.

As someone else commented on, you can have multiple injuries. Sometimes the meniscus can become involved as well. The type of injury which is usually from a shot to the knee from the lateral side along with twisting can result in the "unhappy triad" which is an MCL, ACL and medial meniscus injury (the MCL is actually attached to the medial meniscus). So there is a chance all of these are injured. Other times, a certain type of twisting injury can result in an isolated meniscus tear. Still others (usually a sudden stop or cutting on the field) can result in isolated ACLs. There are lots of possibilities and lots of scenarios.

The end result is, if something is torn, he'll be out for awhile. If not, hopefully its just a short time. The MRI will happen and then we'll know.

I agree with some of the above though, he is JUST one player, and a rookie at that. If our SB chances hinge on him alone, then we probably weren't a SB team to begin with (I still think we are, but just making a point - one player doesn't make or break the season). So buck up!

silkamilkamonic
08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Has anyone heard when the MRI will be done, or are they doing it as soon as the swelling goes down?

fraguela09
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Didn't Nick Ferguson shred his knee against Pitt and still play?

Have to hold our breath and hope for a positive MRI... This has been one helluva off-season huh?

fraguela09
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I hear the Colts lost Anthony McFarland to a knee injury as well. Seems like all you do in Pre-season is hope to stay healthy.

8Smith0
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I am no doctor, but it just sounds like a knee sprain, twist, etc. I DID however endure a complete ACL tear this February, and I couldn't even walk after tearing it during a basketball game, so here's hoping for Jarvis! :salute:

Come back healthy soon, Moss, Marshall, Scheffler, and Smith! We need you guys. :rockon:

tnedator
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I seem to remember Olandis Gary finishing the rest of a football game without realizing he had torn his ACL. Being able to put weight on it doesn't mean it's not that bad. (Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. :))

I really hope this isn't serious as it sounds like he was coming along really quick for a rookie and was likely to be a contributor right away. Of course, I wish him well just a person as I'm sure this would devestate him emotionally, as well.

Get well quick, Jarvis!

My niece twice tore her ACL in gymnastics. They don't do surgery until the swelling goes down. While they wanted her on crutches, she could walk around without them.

You are right about Gary. I had forgotten about that, but he finished the game out as you say.

Bronco D
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
To me there are to many injuries that happen between TC and the preseason for all teams. Its a long grind of a season as it is. I am in favor of having only 2 preseason games a year only, 3 Max.

stnzed
08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Before Moss went down today the pass rush was anything but certain. In fact, the last time we saw the Broncos play the pass rush was pathetic.

I'm hoping for the best, but even assuming it's just a sprain or "twist", how much is a hobbled rookie going to help an anemic pass rush?

I would hope that, even before Moss was injured, Shanahan at least contacted Rice....And now he'd be crazy not to......But I'm betting that he sticks his head in the sand again!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Because before this injury the seemingly eternal search for a pass rush continues.

Get well Jarvis Moss. You're the only hope Shanahan has given the pass rush since Little Elvis and the Browncos.

Good luck Broncos, this has already been a rough year...

Botan
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
According to CBS 4 sports, the latest news is they think he has a minor sprain. They are still awaiting the results of the MRI but he was seen walking around the facility earlier this afternoon.

So lets hope that MRI comes back and all is good :salute:

CarolinaPanther
08-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Before Moss went down today the pass rush was anything but certain. In fact, the last time we saw the Broncos play the pass rush was pathetic.

I'm hoping for the best, but even assuming it's just a sprain or "twist", how much is a hobbled rookie going to help an anemic pass rush?

I would hope that, even before Moss was injured, Shanahan at least contacted Rice....And now he'd be crazy not to......But I'm betting that he sticks his head in the sand again!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Because before this injury the seemingly eternal search for a pass rush continues.

Get well Jarvis Moss. You're the only hope Shanahan has given the pass rush since Little Elvis and the Browncos.

Good luck Broncos, this has already been a rough year...

Do you really think the Broncos who have little to nothing in cap room can afford Rice who probably wants 5 - 10 million in guaranteed money?

JRWIZ
08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you really think the Broncos who have little to nothing in cap room can afford Rice who probably wants 5 - 10 million in guaranteed money?

they'll ask Jake to re-do his contract again.

stnzed
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM

Oh he will now that he has (Should have) the Broncos and Giants bidding for him.

I don't know how much Denver has to spend....But I do know this is the kind of hole you put yourself in when you ignore your biggest weakness for years!

People have been saying the same thing you're saying now all off season. Yet Shanahan found a way to make a ton of good moves!

So don't worry, if Shanahan wanted to he could probably think of something.

That's even if Rice has anything left, which may or may not be the case.

Who knows?

Let's just hope Moss will be fine....

JRWIZ
08-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Your correct on this on top of the knee now he can work on putting on some muscle.

Bring on the runt just went from 3rd string to second.

evendelae
08-06-2007, 04:45 PM
According to CBS 4 sports, the latest news is they think he has a minor sprain. They are still awaiting the results of the MRI but he was seen walking around the facility earlier this afternoon.

So lets hope that MRI comes back and all is good :salute:

Aah, thank God. I was really worried.

Hey, speaking of injuries, I was at Vikings camp today and AD did NOT look good at all, he had a limp going on and looked very stiff. Does anyone know what happened to him?

DrewB
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Aah, thank God. I was really worried.

Hey, speaking of injuries, I was at Vikings camp today and AD did NOT look good at all, he had a limp going on and looked very stiff. Does anyone know what happened to him?

I think he had a hip pointer a few days ago

columbiaskinny
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
When Lou Holtz took over as the HC here at South Carolina. Every player along the O-line and D-line had to wear knee braces in practices, camps, etc.

Mandatory.

And from 1999-2004 it worked!

Orange Cru$h
08-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Just read on the Mane..

They just repeated it again, said the MRI was clean. Was back at practice tonight, but of course didn't play. Hopes to play tomorrow.

DrewB
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
WOOOOOOOT ! :salute:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason

Botan
08-06-2007, 05:12 PM
THANK goodness! Man I was having a bad day just because of this. I'm so excited now!:cheers: CP to DrewB for turning my day around =)

columbiaskinny
08-06-2007, 05:14 PM
More like

WOOT!

stnzed
08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll bet they rest Jarvis for a few practices!

And call Simeon Rice....

TXBRONC
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
That is good news. I wonder though if Shanahan will still hold him out practice tomorrow as precautionary measure.

bronconewport
08-06-2007, 05:23 PM
He says he will rehab all night ant try and be at practice tomarrow see if Shanny takes the risk and lets him!:salute:

!ceman
08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah Baby!!! Instead of half empty my glass is back to full!!! And all of the "broken glasses" are now repaired!!! I'm glad we got some good news... I was beginning to think we needed to move this thread to the positve "ooos-fra-baaaaa" Forum!

Broncosinindy
08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
My darn heart skipped a beat when i heard this. now i am back to normal thanks for the scare guys

TXBRONC
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
My darn heart skipped a beat when i heard this. now i am back to normal thanks for the scare guys

Whew that's good. I thought I was going to have to break out the electric paddles to restart your heart.:D

Hawgdriver
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
You mean it was all for naught that I broke this hand punching through the wall? Crud. And now I have to spackle...

WOOT!!

TXBRONC
08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
You mean it was all for naught that I broke this hand punching through the wall? Crud. And now I have to spackle...

WOOT!!

Just call it a remodeling project.:D

mxbronco13
08-06-2007, 06:15 PM
He might even practice tomorrow!

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason

Finally some good news! :D

8Smith0
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
:salute:Great news! Thanks so much for posting! Get back to 100%, Jarvis, then you can get out there again, buddy. Being healthy is key before you start up again. :salute:

redbirdy80
08-06-2007, 06:23 PM
WOW! Thank goodness!

Thank you for posting!

Chidoze
08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
That's a big sigh of relief.......

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong for our guys! :clap:

hilife
08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
1 and 2 and 3 Breath Easy!

broncosfanscott
08-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Me too. When I got a text message about the injury I was like can't we got a few days without some sort of injury. Then after work I got another one and was relieved. Please no more.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Whew! We dodged a bullet on that one! I'm extremely happy to hear that Moss is GTG. Hope is rekindled! :rockon:

Broncosinindy
08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Whew that's good. I thought I was going to have to break out the electric paddles to restart your heart.:D

lol no doubt. my wife looked at me like i was crazy. well i guess i am a tad but. i was seeing the light thats for sure:P

Bronco D
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Im not a religious man...but Hallelujia Sweet Jesus ! :D

Bronco_Armada
08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Good news. :D

He may be back Tue. :cheers:

Don't rush anything buddy! We will need you for the real games. Not the preseason.

take 1 week of R and R. :rolleyes:

!ceman
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah well, i wouldnt go off of what Shanny says.

ALWAYS TRUST IN SHANNY!!!!! Come on brah, you knew better didn't you. YOu were just playing DA weren't you>?!!

DenBronx
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
from all the reports and early depth chart i was more worried about losing a potential threat as a pass rusher. moss seems to be on his way to starting and if he has a good pre season then im almost sure he will win the nod for starter come game 1.

so he escaped a close one tonight.

stnzed
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
ALWAYS TRUST IN SHANNY!!!!! Come on brah, you knew better didn't you. YOu were just playing DA weren't you>?!!

I never believe anything Shananan says at first blush. Everything he says is calculated.....

TR3Y
08-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Good to see that he is okay and could be back as soon as Tuesday!!!!

As long as it is the Colts losing top d-line guys and not us I am pleased :smug::P;):D:rockon:

rcsodak
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
It's funny to read this from beginning to end.....

...you kids crack me up. :laugh:

Anyway, I was listening to the sports channel out of KC today, and one of the guys spouted off about how 'karma' must have paid him a visit.
Evidently, when he first heard of Jarvis going down, he "had a big grin across my face". But it wasn't much later and he heard their starting left tackle went down with a knee injury.
Needless to say, he pissed me off, so I dialed his show up.

Anybody that knows me, can be assured I played my part in letting him know he had a poor level of sportsmanship.

He then preceded to cut me off. :)

After that, others joined in and bashed "the bronco fan", hoping that leprisy afflicted the entire team, et al.

Such nice fans over there.

Moral of this story, is Chef fans STILL suck. :beer:
(excluding kcladyfan, of course):P

Javalon
08-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Excellent! Thanks for posting the update. :beer:

TR3Y
08-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Anyway, I was listening to the sports channel out of KC today, and one of the guys spouted off about how 'karma' must have paid him a visit.
Evidently, when he first heard of Jarvis going down, he "had a big grin across my face". But it wasn't much later and he heard their starting left tackle went down with a knee injury.

Anybody that knows me, can be assured I played my part in letting him know he had a poor level of sportsmanship.

He then preceded to cut me off.

After that, others joined in and bashed "the bronco fan", hoping that leprisy afflicted the entire team, et al.

(excluding kcladyfan, of course)

:salute: :rockon:

LOL....that a Bronco fan!!!!

And right you are....the Chiefs and their fans can rot in :confused:

Javalon
08-06-2007, 07:43 PM

Moral of this story, is Chef fans STILL suck.

:laugh: Good for you, RC! Congrats on pissing off (and justifiably) those lame Chiefs fans! (No offense to the FEW cool ones...)

:salute:

TXBRONC
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM

This just blows my mind you've always given me the impression of being non confrontational.:D

rcsodak
08-06-2007, 08:01 PM
This just blows my mind you've always given me the impression of being non confrontational.:D

I KNOW! :halo:

And I keep telling that same thing to the mods......:confused:

:D

!ceman
08-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Good to see that he is okay and could be back as soon as Tuesday!!!!

As long as it is the Colts losing top d-line guys and not us I am pleased

:nono: Why don't you just go to camp and bash one of our best players knees in with a bat? First, it's pretty messed up to wish injury on anybody, even a hated opponent. Second, it's bad, BAD karma.

I hate to hear of a guy go down with injury. See I'm a fan of football first and foremost. The spirit of competition. I have a love for football and therefore watch almost any game on TV. I have a love for the Broncos and will cheer for them no matter what. I have a love for certain players (this one seems to change a lot...kind of goes along with my Fantasy Football teams... purely coincedental I'm sure! :D). But most of all it's the competition and when a team as good as the Colts lose their best DT it increases the chances that I have to watch a team that is of lesser talent compete come playoff time. I want to watch the Chargers, Ravens, Colts, Bengals, Bears, and Patriots come January. I don't want to see a 9-7 Chefs team or a poor 8-8 Giants team in the playoffs. Give me competition and let my Broncos beat the best to be the best!

stnzed
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I don't get the 'karma' thing, rc! What'd he mean?

32-33Champs
08-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Great news. Thanks for the post. Now I can sleep a little better. - serious

CP your way

rcsodak
08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't get the 'karma' thing, rc! What'd he mean?

He no sooner laughed about Moss, and then heard their starting LOT ALSO went down with a knee......:cheers:

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
All I can say is thank you Lord.

If he would have been out for more than 8 weeks, I would have cringed.

Zealander
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Good news.

onechance
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
thank GOD ^^^ hes okay thats great to hear

ruffryder7447
08-06-2007, 10:06 PM
This is great! I would have been so mad if I couldn't see him Monday.

The Duanimal
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
:nono: Why don't you just go to camp and bash one of our best players knees in with a bat? First, it's pretty messed up to wish injury on anybody, even a hated opponent. Second, it's bad, BAD karma.

I hate to hear of a guy go down with injury. See I'm a fan of football first and foremost. The spirit of competition. I have a love for football and therefore watch almost any game on TV. I have a love for the Broncos and will cheer for them no matter what. I have a love for certain players (this one seems to change a lot...kind of goes along with my Fantasy Football teams... purely coincedental I'm sure! :D). But most of all it's the competition and when a team as good as the Colts lose their best DT it increases the chances that I have to watch a team that is of lesser talent compete come playoff time. I want to watch the Chargers, Ravens, Colts, Bengals, Bears, and Patriots come January. I don't want to see a 9-7 Chefs team or a poor 8-8 Giants team in the playoffs. Give me competition and let my Broncos beat the best to be the best!

I agree, give me your best shot and I will give you mine. We will see who is the last man standing. But, it is no fun to kick someone while they are down. I want to beat all of those teams down while they are at full strength!:salute:

broncosfanscott
08-06-2007, 11:53 PM

I agree with you totally. Whatever opponent the Broncos play, I want them at full strength so I can see what the Broncos are made of. A win is a win, yet you don't know where your team stands until they play the top teams at full strength. I am like you and don't wish anything bad on any player because as you said it....bad karma.

bleedbluorange
08-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Im not a religious man...but Hallelujia Sweet Jesus ! :D

Amen Brotha:clap:

Nick
08-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I came on to the message board and held my breath untill I saw this thread!!!! I am soooo happy it was nothing serious :rockon:

rbk_bronco
08-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Well that is goood news for sure.

Max Power
08-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Great news. This guy will have the type of impact Dumervil did last year rushing the QB. Possibly more so if he gets more opportunities or becomes a starter.

MoonDoy
08-07-2007, 10:05 AM
thats great news...hopefully he can practice tomorrow!