Did Bill Cosby go blind?
    Not that I'm aware of.

Comment

Re: Bill Cosby..

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
      Did Bill Cosby go blind?
      Where the hell did you hear that from?

Comment

Might have been the glasses he was wearing in newsclips today????.....come to think of it

Comment

Originally posted by JoviBronco
          Might have been the glasses he was wearing in newsclips today????.....come to think of it
          Yeah I saw it in the newsclips today...
          sigpic

Comment

i read there was some sort of bill cosby contriversy. whats all that about?
            sigpic

Comment

Nothing that he hasn't said before......that the inner city kids that turn to junkies, dealers, pimps, thieves, etc...are all of their own doing. That its not anybody's fault but their own.
              I would tend to agree, from an outsiders pov......
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                Nothing that he hasn't said before......that the inner city kids that turn to junkies, dealers, pimps, thieves, etc...are all of their own doing. That its not anybody's fault but their own.
                I would tend to agree, from an outsiders pov......
                I agree also..
                sigpic

Comment

The main outrage I think is that he told black people to quit blaiming everything on the white man. Seriously, thats what I saw on CNBC.

Cody
                  "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                  "These people need me." Zack Morris
                  "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
                  "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                  "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                  "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                  "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                  "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
                  "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                  "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
                  "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

what ever he said if it was the white man comment or the one about the dealers, its right so i agree with him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Both were pretty much said...That it's not the white man's fault - it's the kids & mostly their parents faults for all of the thuggishness that inner-city kids deal with...

I'll have to pull up the article again, but now Reverend Jackson has joined in on his side...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
                        Both were pretty much said...That it's not the white man's fault - it's the kids & mostly their parents faults for all of the thuggishness that inner-city kids deal with...

I'll have to pull up the article again, but now Reverend Jackson has joined in on his side...
                        Jackson has joined Bill's side, that surprises me.

Cody
                        "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
                        "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
                        "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
                        "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
                        "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
                        "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
                        "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Cosby Has More Harsh Words For Black CommunityWCAU-TV1:51 p.m. EDT July 2, 2004 - Bill Cosby went off on another tirade against the black community Thursday, telling a room full of activists in Chicago that black children are running around not knowing how to read or write and "going nowhere."

He also had harsh words for struggling black men, telling them: "Stop beating up your women because you can't find a job."

Cosby made headlines in May when he upbraided some poor blacks for their grammar and accused them of squandering opportunities the civil rights movement gave them. He shot back Thursday, saying his detractors were trying in vain to hide the black community's "dirty laundry."

"Let me tell you something, your dirty laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day, it's cursing and calling each other n------ as they're walking up and down the street," Cosby said during an appearance at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition & Citizenship Education Fund's annual conference.

"They think they're hip," the entertainer said. "They can't read; they can't write. They're laughing and giggling, and they're going nowhere."

In his remarks in May at a commemoration of the anniversary of the Brown v. Board of Education desegregation decision, Cosby denounced some blacks' grammar and said those who commit crimes and wind up behind bars "are not political prisoners."

"I can't even talk the way these people talk, 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... and I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk," Cosby said then. "And then I heard the father talk ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth."

Cosby elaborated Thursday on his previous comments in a talk interrupted several times by applause. He castigated some blacks, saying that they cannot simply blame whites for problems such as teen pregnancy and high school dropout rates.

"For me there is a time ... when we have to turn the mirror around," he said. "Because for me it is almost analgesic to talk about what the white man is doing against us. And it keeps a person frozen in their seat, it keeps you frozen in your hole you're sitting in."

Cosby lamented that the racial slurs once used by those who lynched blacks are now a favorite expression of black children. And he blamed parents.

"When you put on a record and that record is yelling `n----- this and n----- that' and you've got your little 6-year-old, 7-year-old sitting in the back seat of the car, those children hear that," he said.

He also condemned black men who missed out on opportunities and are now angry about their lives.

"You've got to stop beating up your women because you can't find a job, because you didn't want to get an education and now you're (earning) minimum wage," Cosby said. "You should have thought more of yourself when you were in high school, when you had an opportunity."

Cosby appeared Thursday with the Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the education fund, who defended the entertainer's statements.

"Bill is saying let's fight the right fight, let's level the playing field," Jackson said. "Drunk people can't do that. Illiterate people can't do that."

Cosby also said many young people are failing to honor the sacrifices made by those who struggled and died during the civil rights movement.

"Dogs, water hoses that tear the bark off trees, Emmett Till," he said, naming the black youth who was tortured and murdered in Mississippi in 1955, allegedly for whistling at a white woman. "And you're going to tell me you're going to drop out of school? You're going to tell me you're going to steal from a store?"

Cosby also said he wasn't concerned that some whites took his comments and turned them "against our people."

"Let them talk," he said.
                          http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5350638/

Comment

Re: Bill Cosby..

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                            Did Bill Cosby go blind?
                            maybe he got pudding in his eye
                            Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Re: Re: Bill Cosby..

Originally posted by Booher
                              maybe he got pudding in his eye
                              Or a flash from them Kodak camera's.
                              Hey, here's a show, "Cosby's Say the Darndest Things."
                              His main problem is all those kids with their hippin and their hoppin and their bippin and their boppin. What ever happened to the great jazz musicians.

Personally you know who he SHOULD blaim everything on...

...THEO!!!!

Cody

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Working...
                              X