Who Here Hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Here Hunts?

I hunt, because Colorado is a mecca for big game animals. I dont hunt as much because i'm never home anymore. But i enjoy hunting Elk, Deer, Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Mountain Lion.
    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Re: Who Here Hunts?

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
    who here hunts...such as deer, turkey, bear and so on...state what you hunt and what you killed this year....i whitetail hunt and i killed 3 deer this year, 2 does...1 100 lbs and the other was 90 lbs...and the other deer was my first buck and he was a 13 1/2 inch 8 point 160 lbs
    I love hunting deer, turkey, pheasants, ducks, and varmants. But I'm in MA so hunting isn't really socially acceptable. Oh well, the heck with them. Most people up here worship the (cough, cough) hammer and sickle.
    Lottery numbers are: 7, 27, 30, 53, 77, 84

Comment

Being from the Pheasant Capital of the World, I'd be amiss to not hunt them. Plus, Muleys,coyote,fox, prairie dogs, elk and antelope.
      I've got a nice 4x5 muley shoulder mount, with a 27" inside spread. He was a 5x5 until someones errant shot took off a tine *#&$&$)#[email protected]&@.

Gotta love her
      Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
      .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
      Originally Posted by Alastor
      ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Don't get to hunt as much as I did in high school with school and all, but I still make time to go deer hunting every year.

Cody
        "I'm not arrogant either but I am as close to being an expert on the game as anyone on this site will ever get." Zack Morris
        "These people need me." Zack Morris
        "Yes, [Vick] has a cannon. But he's also accurate." Zack Morris
        "I've sat and watched Vick throw more accurate passes than most of the starting quarterbacks in the leaue on a weekly basis." Zack Morris
        "COMPLETION PERCENTAGE DOES NOT INDICATE HOW ACCURATE A QUARTERBACK IS." Zack Morris
        "McNairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is." Zack Morris
        "The Titans have arguably the best receiving core [sic] in the NFL." Zack Morris
        "Charlie Joiner was not that good." Zack Morris
        "Lynn Swan [sic] is generally regarded as one of the most overrated players in the hall...BUT OVERRATED PLAYERS MADE IT IN ALOT BACK THEN." (Swann inducted in 2001) Zack Morris
        "With Harrison, Wayne, and another able TE on his own team, I have my doubts [Jason] Witten will do that maybe in a couple of years." Zack Morris
        "Neener neener!" Zack Morris

LONG LIVE THE EXPERT!

Comment

Crappy thing about moving to a different state.....
          nowhere to hunt other than public access areas, unless you can beat the bushes and get in with the landowners.
          I was in 7th heaven in sodak, with friends/family being landowners. To hunt deer/pheasant/antelope now, takes big bucks because of the horrendous out-of-state fees.
          Not to mention my wife can't stand wild game. I end up giving most of it away to accounts, neighbors.
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cursive
            Interesting stuff!
            Would that be sarcasm or actual interest?
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I have family around Isabel/Timberlake......plus a cousin married a HOT rodeochick from Mobridge.

I miss the antelope seasons.......
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I have hunted many times, but most of it was when I was young and just went with my dad. I shot one buck, a 2 point (in Colorado we call them by how many points they have on each side, not total; for you easterners!). I didn't like gutting it much. I think I have had my fill of that. I have also hunted dove and had a blast - probably because it's a whole lot o' shootin!!

Comment

Not much to do up there but hunt/fish. But I'd take it in a heart beat. I'm tired of catching carp!
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                    I hunt Deer and Elk up on the flat tops wilderness about 11.000 feet, its beautiful up there, theres about 40 miles of nothing but plateaus and its combined areas of 33,12,13,14, one of the best hunting grounds in the world anyway Ive always wanted to bear hunt. But people tell me the meat is real dark and greasy, But I think it would be good eatin, anyway whats the status on big horn sheep, I thought a person could only hunt them once in a life time or maybe its the mountain goat i dunno
                    I've hunted up at the Flat Tops wilderness area. A lot actually. I love it up there by Yampa. Stillwater lake is a great place to fish.

As for Big Horns, all you need is 4-6 preference points, depending on where you want to hunt. Oh and Big Horn is by FAR the best meat i've ever had!! Nothing compares!
                    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
                      What are the price ranges for out of staters in SD. Here in Colorado its $4.50 a head!
                      A bird head or yours?
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X