X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
    What are the price ranges for out of staters in SD. Here in Colorado its $4.50 a head!
    A bird head or yours?

Leave a comment:

• Denver#1
    replied
    Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
    I hunt Deer and Elk up on the flat tops wilderness about 11.000 feet, its beautiful up there, theres about 40 miles of nothing but plateaus and its combined areas of 33,12,13,14, one of the best hunting grounds in the world anyway Ive always wanted to bear hunt. But people tell me the meat is real dark and greasy, But I think it would be good eatin, anyway whats the status on big horn sheep, I thought a person could only hunt them once in a life time or maybe its the mountain goat i dunno
    I've hunted up at the Flat Tops wilderness area. A lot actually. I love it up there by Yampa. Stillwater lake is a great place to fish.

As for Big Horns, all you need is 4-6 preference points, depending on where you want to hunt. Oh and Big Horn is by FAR the best meat i've ever had!! Nothing compares!

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Not much to do up there but hunt/fish. But I'd take it in a heart beat. I'm tired of catching carp!

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    I have hunted many times, but most of it was when I was young and just went with my dad. I shot one buck, a 2 point (in Colorado we call them by how many points they have on each side, not total; for you easterners!). I didn't like gutting it much. I think I have had my fill of that. I have also hunted dove and had a blast - probably because it's a whole lot o' shootin!!

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    I have family around Isabel/Timberlake......plus a cousin married a HOT rodeochick from Mobridge.

I miss the antelope seasons.......

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cursive
    Interesting stuff!
    Would that be sarcasm or actual interest?

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Crappy thing about moving to a different state.....
    nowhere to hunt other than public access areas, unless you can beat the bushes and get in with the landowners.
    I was in 7th heaven in sodak, with friends/family being landowners. To hunt deer/pheasant/antelope now, takes big bucks because of the horrendous out-of-state fees.
    Not to mention my wife can't stand wild game. I end up giving most of it away to accounts, neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Don't get to hunt as much as I did in high school with school and all, but I still make time to go deer hunting every year.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• MtRushmore
    replied
    Being from the Pheasant Capital of the World, I'd be amiss to not hunt them. Plus, Muleys,coyote,fox, prairie dogs, elk and antelope.
    I've got a nice 4x5 muley shoulder mount, with a 27" inside spread. He was a 5x5 until someones errant shot took off a tine *#&$&$)#[email protected]&@.

Leave a comment:

• Beersy
    replied
    Re: Who Here Hunts?

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
    who here hunts...such as deer, turkey, bear and so on...state what you hunt and what you killed this year....i whitetail hunt and i killed 3 deer this year, 2 does...1 100 lbs and the other was 90 lbs...and the other deer was my first buck and he was a 13 1/2 inch 8 point 160 lbs
    I love hunting deer, turkey, pheasants, ducks, and varmants. But I'm in MA so hunting isn't really socially acceptable. Oh well, the heck with them. Most people up here worship the (cough, cough) hammer and sickle.

Leave a comment:

• O&B4life
    started a topic Who Here Hunts?

Who Here Hunts?

I hunt, because Colorado is a mecca for big game animals. I dont hunt as much because i'm never home anymore. But i enjoy hunting Elk, Deer, Big Horn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Mountain Lion.
Working...
X