• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos28
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared
    I guess I suck then.

By your logic, we shouldn't like the Broncos. I live in San Diego, you live in South Dakota.

In terms of the question, I like Coach K, but he'd be an idiot to leave Duke now. If he was, I dunno, 10 years younger, I'd say go for it, but transitioning to the pro game is hard enough as it is. And what was successful for you in college is probably not going to be successful at the pro level. Its not just X's abd O's and having the best athletes. Since every coach in the NBA has a simliar quality of athlete and all the players have seen just about every play imaginable. Its about getting the egos to mesh and being creative in exploiting or creating mismatches that are in your favor. Its also about getting the players to believe that your ideas will bring them winning, because unlike college, you can't get rid of a bad seed. If they don't like you, YOU'RE the one who is gone.
    I don't know now, I think Mike Kryzewski might take the Coaching job with the Lost Angeles Fakers. They are gonna make him the highest paid Coach in the history of Sports. Well, that is the reports that is coming out of ESPN. Guess he just can't past that up.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Re: Re: Coach K to LA?

Originally posted by Cursive
    The Lakers suck, anyone who likes the Lakers probably sucks too.

It's amazing how people jump on bandwagons as soon as teams start winning, probably all the Yankee fans that didn't grow up in NYC and all the LA fans who didn't grow up there, yeah - it's amazing.
    I guess I suck then.

By your logic, we shouldn't like the Broncos. I live in San Diego, you live in South Dakota.

In terms of the question, I like Coach K, but he'd be an idiot to leave Duke now. If he was, I dunno, 10 years younger, I'd say go for it, but transitioning to the pro game is hard enough as it is. And what was successful for you in college is probably not going to be successful at the pro level. Its not just X's abd O's and having the best athletes. Since every coach in the NBA has a simliar quality of athlete and all the players have seen just about every play imaginable. Its about getting the egos to mesh and being creative in exploiting or creating mismatches that are in your favor. Its also about getting the players to believe that your ideas will bring them winning, because unlike college, you can't get rid of a bad seed. If they don't like you, YOU'RE the one who is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos28
    replied
    He ain't going. Why would he leave? It's better that he stays in Duke. I think he loves College Basketball way too much to leave and I don't think he wants to handle all the big egos that the Lost Angeles Fakers have.

And I agree with Cursive about, "Anyone who likes the Lakers probably sucks too." Unless you're a Denver Broncos Fan who likes the Lost Angeles Fakers.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Re: Re: Coach K to LA?

Originally posted by Cursive
    The Lakers suck, anyone who likes the Lakers probably sucks too.

It's amazing how people jump on bandwagons as soon as teams start winning, probably all the Yankee fans that didn't grow up in NYC and all the LA fans who didn't grow up there, yeah - it's amazing.
    Chill dude. As a sports fan I was just curious because this is a big story if it happens. I'm not a Laker fan I just hate Duke. As for all Yankee fans being bandwagon jumpers, been cheering for the Yankees since I was born in 1979 and I guarantee they didn't have any WS winners during the 80's and early 90's so I waited 17 years to see them win a WS.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    started a topic With Coach K Staying at Duke....

With Coach K Staying at Duke....

Anyone know anything about the Coach K to the Lakers rumor they are spreading on ESPN news. There is nothing on the web about it yet. Oh how I would love to see Duke basketball fall from its highly perch!

Cody
Working...
X