X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway4King
    replied
    Originally posted by Jared

Juries don't control sentences in NJ. That's all on the judge.
    That's the way it is in most states most of the time.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Yes, I though that jury did what was fair. There was no intent to murder, but he DID obstruct justice. He was found not guilty of the murder charges and guilty of all the accessory and obstruction charges. I think they got him for involuntary manslaughter too. Which is fair.

Wrong. They found him not guilty on manslaughter and aggravated assault charges (and this was the lowest of the charges). They were deadlocked on the reckless manslaughter charge and that will be retried next year. However, even though it was deadlocked the jury WAS IN FAVOR OF ACQUITTAL!!!!!! That means the jury just wanted to let him go after taking someones life.

Fair? My question to you is do you think the regular Joe Six-pack making minimum wage would have gotten off so easily? I highly doubt it. Another siruation, you get drunk, drive home and run over and kill someone you will be convicted of manslaughter. How is Jayson getting drunk, and pointing a loaded weapon at someone, even if it is an accident, any different. He is definately reckless since he has to no harm can come from pointing a loaded weapon at someone.

Fair? I have to disagree.

Cody
    Last edited by Elway4King; 07-09-2004, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway4King
    Did you read about the Jayson Williams trial?

Cody
    Yes, I though that jury did what was fair. There was no intent to murder, but he DID obstruct justice. He was found not guilty of the murder charges and guilty of all the accessory and obstruction charges. I think they got him for involuntary manslaughter too. Which is fair.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    While your sarcasm is duly noted, I am not saying he did or did not commit the crime, I was just inquiring about what dandanman thinks.

Clearly, you have made up your mind, even without having access to all relevant evidence.
    What are you talking about? You don't need evidence in cases like this. Even if he's found guilty you know he'll get probation or a suspended sentence. You can buy your way through this system. People have done it for years. Did you read about the Jayson Williams trial?

Personally I could care less rather or not he did it. In the end I don't think it's going to matter (that's my opinion). The only thing I really care about is that I think the rape shield law is garbage!

Cody

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway4King
    You're right, there is a presumption of innocence in America. Especially for Kobe. He's rich and famous and whats the one thing our country knows about the rich and famous? They cannot commit crimes. Kobe can do what he wants. He's rich. He'll be okay. And honestly, why are we even talking about jail time for him. Didn't anyone notice the Jayson Williams juror; "he just didn't look like a murderer." Well Kobe "just doesn't look like a rapist." Just look at his suits!

Cody
    While your sarcasm is duly noted, I am not saying he did or did not commit the crime, I was just inquiring about what dandanman thinks.

Clearly, you have made up your mind, even without having access to all relevant evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    What happened to presumption of innocence? Hell, I am not even sure the people in that hotel room know exactly what happened, so how can you know?

By the way, the other part of your comment was edited because it implied that you wished harm on someone else. Probably too cautious on my part, but I am just going with my gut.
    You're right, there is a presumption of innocence in America. Especially for Kobe. He's rich and famous and whats the one thing our country knows about the rich and famous? They cannot commit crimes. Kobe can do what he wants. He's rich. He'll be okay. And honestly, why are we even talking about jail time for him. Didn't anyone notice the Jayson Williams juror; "he just didn't look like a murderer." Well Kobe "just doesn't look like a rapist." Just look at his suits!

Cody

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    What happened to presumption of innocence? Hell, I am not even sure the people in that hotel room know exactly what happened, so how can you know?

By the way, the other part of your comment was edited because it implied that you wished harm on someone else. Probably too cautious on my part, but I am just going with my gut.
    LOL..Jared I was just joking..But its ok..I can see where you were coming from...Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Probably with another maitre d'!

Cody

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Originally posted by dandaman23
    FYI Carlos Boozer is from Alaska..LOL...

Anyways Kobe will be in jail.

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    FYI Carlos Boozer is from Alaska..LOL...

Anyways Kobe will be in jail.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-09-2004, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dub-DeuceKnight
    replied
    And Carlos Boozer said he was going to resign with the Cavaliers. Come on, Athletes and their agents say whatever they want to get what they want, and plus where did you read about that?

Leave a comment:

• Broncos28
    replied
    Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
    stright up the nuggets, if he opted out, hopefully it's because he wants out of California, I don't he would leave one Cali team to play with another especially a chit team like the Clippers, his attitude isn't as bad ad the medias making him out to be and I think his attitude is good for the nuggets... the guy just wants to win, just like everyone on the team. Shaq and him were two stars too big for each other and their team. Hi and Melo would be different. Bzdelik is a good coach for him as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiki persauded him to play here.
    Kobe Bryant is not going to the Denver Nuggets. He already said it that it was down to the Los Angeles Clippers and the Lost Angeles Fakers or a sign and trade with the New York Knicks. That's It!

HE IS NOT GOING TO THE DENVER NUGGETS!

Leave a comment:

• Dub-DeuceKnight
    replied
    stright up the nuggets, if he opted out, hopefully it's because he wants out of California, I don't think he would leave one Cali team to play with another especially a chit team like the Clippers, his attitude isn't as bad ad the medias making him out to be and I think his attitude is good for the nuggets... the guy just wants to win, just like everyone on the team. Shaq and him were two stars too big for each other and their team. Hi and Melo would be different. Bzdelik is a good coach for him as well, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiki persauded him to play here.
    Last edited by Dub-DeuceKnight; 07-09-2004, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• plummerdaman
    replied
    Well there you go another reason they cant afford Kobe....

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    I just read that GEnobli came to terms with SA 6 yrs 50mill.

Spurs free agent Manu Ginobili has verbally agreed to re-sign with San Antonio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X