nostradamus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nostradamus

anyone watch the nostradamus special on History?

I only have one comment on the whole thing.

The world better not end in 2012. I am going to be super P***ed.

How come it can't be 3012.

Anyways the Aztec or was the Mayan their calender stops in 2012.
    sigpic

I saw just a couple minutes of it.

Not only did the Myans predict the end of the world on Dec. 21 2012 So did the Hopi indians. 12 21 2012 is a date many cultures believe to be a very bad day for planet earth.

I find Edward Cayce to be a little more accurate and precise. He had exact names and places as well as events. He was able to predict even medical advances. All this was done while sleeping. Interesting American from the Late 1800's and early 1900's.
    Last edited by 16milehigh87; 10-28-2007, 09:24 PM.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Comment

i missed it, it looked interesting though is it suposed to be on again
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

Originally posted by 16milehigh87 View Post
        I saw just a couple minutes of it.

Not only did the Myans predict the end of the world on Dec. 21 2012 So did the Hopi indians. 12 21 2012 is a date many cultures believe to be a very bad day for planet earth.
        I've heard that before. The date sticks with me since it also happens to be my 30th birthday. I'm hoping for a nice quiet celebration....

Comment

I'd rather the world not end when my life is just beginning.

Nostradamus is silly anyway.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae View Post
            I'd rather the world not end when my life is just beginning.

Nostradamus is silly anyway.
            I agree. I will be just out of college. So I spend my life with hours of research and other BS just to find out the world is going to end.

That is just retarded.

I'll pray to god. He has to accept my request.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, have you noticed how every couple of years there's a new story coming out about a particular date the world is supposed to end? Well, if it EVER comes true I guess we won't have to hear that crap anymore.

Keep in mind that almost none of Nostradamus's predictions have come true. Rather, people take major events after the fact and go back and interpet his prophecies in a way that make it seems like that's what he meant all along.

Using that logic, we should feel very secure that this particular prophecy won't come true because it's being interpreted before the date in question.

I haven't watched this particular show yet but I've set up my DVR to record it. Kind of like shows about haunted houses, I'll watch it because it's entertaining but not because I give any credence to it.

Hey, did you know that Pat Robertson is a prophet too? Apparently he's about as successful as Nostradamus.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                I agree. I will be just out of college. So I spend my life with hours of research and other BS just to find out the world is going to end.

That is just retarded.

I'll pray to god. He has to accept my request.
                Me too. I mean, I didn't mean to get that existential about it, but it's not fair if it does happen. Which it won't.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Look at this site: http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm Called "A Brief History of the Apocalypse". It has everyone's prediction of doomsday listed throughout history, and it also shows the status of that prediction.

Comment

Another funny site: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9941/index.html

Comment

Hmmmm I thought nostradamus was a nasal disease.

Oh well.

Comment

I thought the world was supposed to end in the year 2000.

Either way, there's not a lot that can be done about it...so why bother?

Get good with my maker is all I can do.

Well....that and maybe get drunk.

We'll see.
                        COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

I saw parts of it...all I could think is "I hope that's not right, I will still be on the waiting list for my Broncos tickets"

Really though, the whole thing was kinda creepy.

Comment

I DONT KNOW IF ITS JUST A RErun, but i watched a show on nostardamous like 3 or 4 years ago.

One thing they mentioned in the show (maybe its this one) was his predicion about hitler taking over europe of somehitng.

And what he actually predicted was that the hisler would overflow its banks.

everyone thought he was off by one letter, and he was so right...until they looked back and he was talking about the river hisler, and that he thought it would overflow or flood.

the guy made so many predictions all the time. people just made up things to ensure he was right.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                              anyone watch the nostradamus special on History?

I only have one comment on the whole thing.

The world better not end in 2012. I am going to be super P***ed.

How come it can't be 3012.

Anyways the Aztec or was the Mayan their calender stops in 2012.
                              I seen it a while back... I know it is the Mayan. Not sure if the Aztec's went off a similare calander or not. Yes, he predicts the same time frame as the Mayan Calander ends because how the stars will be aligned...

Comment

Working...
                              X