Thanksgiving!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving!!!

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on this already.

I'm spending Thanksgiving with my family and extended family on my dad's side (most of them, some live in California, and my mom's side lives in Vietnam).

We ordered the Turkey Package from Hyatt Regency, and I'm in charge of cooking it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I should cook the turkey? I wanna spice things up because a plain turkey is no fun!

It comes in a bake-able bag I believe with it's own juices inside, but I'm willing to go outside of the bag (tee-hee) and spice things up.

Any ideas on how to make a dam good turkey?

Share your recipes and Thanksgiving experience.

For some reason though, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving here.
    It's really cold for Hawaii (mornings and nights its around 70 degrees, sometimes dipping down to 60, and with rain and wind) right now, but it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving for some reason. Maybe it's lacking the festive turkeys and autumn colors, even though it's always green in Hawaii.

I don't have any recipes for you or help to cook, but I'm staying up in Fargo and this will be my first Thanksgiving in all my life without having it with any family member. I'm all alone here watching over the campus dorms (getting paid nice though) and I have nothing special in mind. My friend and I might make some pasta and enjoy the football games.

We have spaghettio's and SPAM too. . . LOL.

Hope you have a great one Nick. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Its not turkey day for another 8 min!

sigpic

Comment

4 min. past midnight...

Happy turkey day on the east coast.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
          I don't have any recipes for you or help to cook, but I'm staying up in Fargo and this will be my first Thanksgiving in all my life without having it with any family member. I'm all alone here watching over the campus dorms (getting paid nice though) and I have nothing special in mind. My friend and I might make some pasta and enjoy the football games.

We have spaghettio's and SPAM too. . . LOL.

Hope you have a great one Nick. Happy Thanksgiving!
          Oh... SPAM... the wonders you could do with SPAM. SPAM is like the state food of Hawaii. You can put Spam in just about anything. I'm actually craving a nice spam musubi right now.

I always feel sorry for the workers on Thanksgiving and X-mas, not being able to spend time with their family.

Happy Thanksgiving though. Maybe use the extra cash to eat at a nice restaurant offering a good Thanksgiving feast.

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
          4 min. past midnight...

Happy turkey day on the east coast.
          Happy turkey day to you too, even though its 7:20 PM here in Hawaii.

Gobble gobble!

Comment

do you know what the cat is thinking...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
              do you know what the cat is thinking...
              I bet the cat is waiting for the picture to be over so the cat can activate it's titanium-steel-mithril-adamantwhateveritscalled-lead alloy claws and pierce the dog's jugular and winning the epic duel and getting revenge.

Or the cat is really scared.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
                I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on this already.

I'm spending Thanksgiving with my family and extended family on my dad's side (most of them, some live in California, and my mom's side lives in Vietnam).

We ordered the Turkey Package from Hyatt Regency, and I'm in charge of cooking it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I should cook the turkey? I wanna spice things up because a plain turkey is no fun!

It comes in a bake-able bag I believe with it's own juices inside, but I'm willing to go outside of the bag (tee-hee) and spice things up.

Any ideas on how to make a dam good turkey?

Share your recipes and Thanksgiving experience.

For some reason though, it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving here.
                It's really cold for Hawaii (mornings and nights its around 70 degrees, sometimes dipping down to 60, and with rain and wind) right now, but it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving for some reason. Maybe it's lacking the festive turkeys and autumn colors, even though it's always green in Hawaii.
                2 words. Deep. Fryer.
                Its awesome, juicy, & crispy. Its probably not the best thing in the world to eat but damn its good

Comment

Happy thanksgiving!

Headed off to my buddy's house with rum in one hand and wine in another.

Don't panic there will be beer, I repeat there will be beer.

Whats football without beer?
                  Oh and there will be a turkey too with other goodies. and pie!
                  sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Broncomanics

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy spending time with family and friends.

I am doing all of the cooking

My Menu:

Ham
                    Mashed Potatos and gravy
                    stuffing
                    cranberry sauce
                    Potato salad
                    macaroni salad
                    pasta salad
                    devilied eggs
                    Pink stuff (strawberry banana jello,whipped cream,cottege cheese & pinapples)
                    rolls
                    candied yams
                    and

choc pie
                    banana pie
                    pumpkin pie

and Believe me I am tired already..

Comment

Working...
                    X