Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened to the Astros?

Originally posted by westflbroncostud
    They signed Pettitte and Clemens, was on the top of the world for april and half of may, about 5 games up in the Central, and are 1 game away from .500? What the Hell happened? And Clemens might be on the verge of being traded?
    The bullpen is the problem. Dotel was pretty crappy but they traded him away a couple weeks back. Their new closer, Lidge, seems decent but he's still getting used to it. The rest of their bullpen keeps blowing games.

Wade Miller needs to get back on track.

Pettitte has been off and on the IR list twice already and is having trouble finding his groove. If he stays healthy, he might get back to form.

I can't image the Astros trading Clemens unless Clemens was asking to be traded. I mean he came out of his brief retirement just to play for his home team.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

we all rolled over and died....your gonna see us give up soon...if we keep losing we'll trade away kent...

Comment

all i can say is beltran is a bust
      your an idiot....

Comment

hes very good but i dont see him putting up the numbers he would in KC
        uhh, he already has a third the homers he had in KC......hes pretty much the only guy on the stros trying

Comment

What's wrong with the Astros? That's easy. They just happened to be in the same division as the Cardinals. You can't blame them for being in (roughly) the same geographic area as the Cardinals.
          sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Broncos
            What's wrong with the Astros? That's easy. They just happened to be in the same division as the Cardinals. You can't blame them for being in (roughly) the same geographic area as the Cardinals.
            nah, thats not the problem...we just suck..LOL

Comment

I don't think Clemens will be traded. The only reason why he even came out of retirement so was that he could pitch in his homestate Texas...hmmm, maybe the playoff contention Texas Rangers will go after him???!?!?!
              Also, i think Pettite is in serious trouble...there must have been a reason as to why the New York Yankees did not really pursue re-signing Andy considering his brilliant past few years.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Baseball? YUCK!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                  I don't think Clemens will be traded. The only reason why he even came out of retirement so was that he could pitch in his homestate Texas...hmmm, maybe the playoff contention Texas Rangers will go after him???!?!?!
                  Also, i think Pettite is in serious trouble...there must have been a reason as to why the New York Yankees did not really pursue re-signing Andy considering his brilliant past few years.
                  yankees didnt want him probly cause hes injury prone...and look what happens...hes been on the DL three times...

Clemens will not go anywhere...he wants to be in houston..where his family is...not dallas

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                    Baseball? YUCK!
                    thanks for your interesting point of view....if you dont like baseball...why'd you even click on the thread that said.."what happened to the ASTROS"

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                      thanks for your interesting point of view....if you dont like baseball...why'd you even click on the thread that said.."what happened to the ASTROS"
                      Because some people aren't happy unless they tell you how much they dislike something you like.
                      ------

Comment

Truthfully,

I don't have much of an affection for baseball either. I used to go to the Rockies games when I was stationed near San Diego. It was ok, but I truly need to get that lasic surgery. I couldn't see a damn thing :p

Anyway... I clicked the link to this one 'cause it was a new thread. No real reason I guess... just boredom =D

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                        ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                          Truthfully,

I don't have much of an affection for baseball either. I used to go to the Rockies games when I was stationed near San Diego. It was ok, but I truly need to get that lasic surgery. I couldn't see a damn thing :p

Anyway... I clicked the link to this one 'cause it was a new thread. No real reason I guess... just boredom =D

Nuff said...
                          Well, at least you didn't say "Baseball? YUCK!"

Personally, I don't think any sport compares to football but I've got to watch something in the offseason. And the Astros, unfortunately, are my team. God, they continue to disappoint.
                          ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Well, at least you didn't say "Baseball? YUCK!"

Personally, I don't think any sport compares to football but I've got to watch something in the offseason. And the Astros, unfortunately, are my team. God, they continue to disappoint.
                            LOL...yep, im stuck with the stros too...

btw i also think nothing compares to football

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
                              Just to say something
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X