Good News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News

So, my wife and I were watching a Broncos game a few weeks ago, and she tends to actually ask questions like she wants to learn about the game, etc.

Anyway, Elam pops up on the screen because it was nearing the end of the game and of course we were needing him to save our butts.

"Who the heck is this guy? Who's number 1?"

i laughed and said: "Hahaha...who's number 1....jeez...only the guy that's going to save this game for us like he's done all season and many games in the past. the best kicker in the nfl....jason elam."

"oh..."

minutes go by, she leaves, comes back: "maybe we should name our son Elam...i like that name"

my jaw dropped. i was like: "i still want Seven, or maybe Elway?"

"don't push it..."

So now I've a decision to make. when i have a son, should his middle name be Aidan, or Elam........HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

any name but "seven" pls don't name ur kid Seven

Comment

No offence or anything, but naming your kid Elway or Seven I think is going a little far.. Naming a pet Elway or Seven would be neat.. But not your child who will have to live with that name for his whole life..

Good luck though with the decision..
      WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

Pick the most important person in your life....
        And give your child that person's name....

But put it as a middle name, please.

Free country, I know & you can do whatever you want, but allow your kid to have it's own identity.

And if you must, Elam is a good middle name.
        COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
          No offence or anything, but naming your kid Elway or Seven I think is going a little far.. Naming a pet Elway or Seven would be neat.. But not your child who will have to live with that name for his whole life..

Good luck though with the decision..
          Unless you had multiple kids and named them all after numbers. But you would have to start with 1.

"Number 1 get daddy a beer."

"Number 3 make daddy a sandwitch"

"Number 4 take out the trash"

Then that would be awesome!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            So, my wife and I were watching a Broncos game a few weeks ago, and she tends to actually ask questions like she wants to learn about the game, etc.

Anyway, Elam pops up on the screen because it was nearing the end of the game and of course we were needing him to save our butts.

"Who the heck is this guy? Who's number 1?"

i laughed and said: "Hahaha...who's number 1....jeez...only the guy that's going to save this game for us like he's done all season and many games in the past. the best kicker in the nfl....jason elam."

"oh..."

minutes go by, she leaves, comes back: "maybe we should name our son Elam...i like that name"

my jaw dropped. i was like: "i still want Seven, or maybe Elway?"

"don't push it..."

So now I've a decision to make. when i have a son, should his middle name be Aidan, or Elam........HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
            That is AWESOME!... I got goosebumps!! Elam is been a fav of mine for a very long time..and I used to get made fun of for it..

You have one cool wife there!

I think you should put it as his middle name

Let us know what you decide

Comment

I've got a son due in about 3 months, and I've spent the last 2 trying to convince my wife to name him Cutler. But she's not going for it. Maybe I'll try Elam.

Comment

I my Son's name is Shaun Ladainian Budris.

Not because I have a man crush on LT but I love the name. I did however name my kid in a way after Sean Taylor but not really. He was my favorite player but I like it spelled the other way.

So... what I am saying is you need to label his middle name "Atwater"

Comment

hahaha. no i wouldn't name anyone Elway. it's a last name.

and believe it or not Elway isn't the reason for wanting to name a kid Seven....i did give a little in that it'd probably be a better girl name than a boy...but my reasoning is that Seven is the perfect number. It's Biblical, and everything God does is a multiple of Seven... The Seven Trumpets, and Seven this, Seven that....Rested on the Seventh day, etc.

It's a religious reason, not because of Elway as many of my friends also think lol...plus it's just my favorite number.

But no...alas... And if I did name him after Elam, it'd definitely be a middle name, because we already have his first name picked out.

And we chose not to name our kids after anyone (except one, if we have another girl) so that they would have their own name etc...

We did go heavy on deciding they'd be Irish-originated...okay I decided they would be because I'm Irish...and it just rules in general...plus the name we picked for our future son just sounds cool and means "Lord" so.....yeah.
                  Last edited by RealBronco; 11-30-2007, 11:27 PM. Reason: i apparently don't use the right wording sometimes.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Hmmm... Seven? Unique but its not my thing. But then again its not my child.

Anyway, Aiden or Elam, whats the first name going to be?

As for me, my first son's name is going to be Johnathan Micheal.
                    As in John Elway & Mike Shanahan There will be no changing it. I have had it picked since I was 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X