No announcement yet.

Who will land Randy Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm talking about...everybody hates the yankees because they win....if it was the Red Sox winning the series every year with the second highest-payroll, people would be b!tching about them instead. I mean seriously, just because you spend a lot, you can't buy a championship...Look at the New York Rangers, they should be winning the Cup every year with that payroll, but instead, they can't even make the playoffs.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

if it was the Red Sox winning the series every year with the second highest-payroll, people would be b!tching about them instead.
      ROTFLMMAO
      Get'em Joisey!!!

Comment

Team Payroll Average
        N.Y. Yankees $182,835,513 $6,304,673
        Boston 125,208,542 4,173,618
        Anaheim 101,084,667 3,743,877
        New York Mets 100,629,303 3,870,358
        Philadelphia 93,219,167 3,452,562
        Chicago Cubs 91,101,667 3,141,437
        Los Angeles 89,694,342 3,449,782
        Atlanta 88,507,788 3,160,992
        San Francisco 82,019,167 2,645,780
        Seattle 81,543,833 2,912,280
        St. Louis 75,633,517 3,025,341
        Houston 74,666,303 2,986,652
        Arizona 70,204,984 2,420,862
        Chicago White Sox 65,212,500 2,508,173
        Colorado 64,590,403 2,306,800
        Oakland 59,825,167 2,215,747
        Texas 54,825,973 1,890,551
        San Diego 54,639,503 2,185,580
        Minnesota 53,585,000 2,060,962
        Baltimore 51,212,653 1,829,023
        Toronto 50,017,000 1,923,731
        Kansas City 47,609,000 1,586,967
        Detroit 46,353,554 1,655,484
        Montreal 43,197,500 1,439,917
        Cincinnati 43,067,858 1,538,138
        Florida 42,118,042 1,559,927
        Cleveland 34,569,300 1,152,310
        Pittsburgh 32,227,929 1,193,627
        Tampa Bay 29,506,667 1,092,840
        Milwaukee 27,518,500 1,100,740

I aint fucin with the rest - but as you can see its not what you spend its how you spend it and who you spend it on

George just knows his shyt and hires people who know their shyt and it drives everyone else nuts

I mean look at the angels they are 3rd in their division - and they are fourth in spending - who loves ya horsie

Comment

it's not fair though just totally unfair. The playing field needs to be equal for ALL teams. This is the SOLE reason that baseball is losing it's popularity. The game has no credibility anymore if the yankees win there definitly needs to be an asterisk next to th team in the record books. This is such a joke. Look at the royals they had to completely eliminate their payroll just to keep playing. I say 90 million cap and thats it the owners need to hold out and let the crybaby players strike. Because it will be the fans who win in the long run.
          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

OK - you have a 90 million cap - what about the 24 or so teams who cant even afford the 90 million - you all would still bytch cause the Yanks could afford the 90 while 24 other teams still couldnt

Comment

ok then lower it to 50 to accomidate all teams.........Fair is Fair and baseball now is not fair.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Life isn't fair

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Last I checked this is not life its a GAME and it's supposed to equal for all teams to have a chance to win. And it's not,If only mlb gets rid of that wuss of a comish selig something would be done. If something is not done soon the mlb will alleniate a good majority of the fans and reapairing it will not be an option look at the nfl and nba both have caps and great competitve balance and the nhl is now going the way of a cap if mlb doesn't come on board I fear the game will go bankrupt. When I was younger I really like baseball but It doesn't matter soccer is my favorite sport then football and basically those are the only 2 sports I give a crap about.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Baseball, like just about everything else, is a business first, and a game second. Steinbrenner uses money he makes. The yankees, more than any other team in professional sports, deserves to not have a salary cap. They have more revenue than any team in professional sports. What would be unfair is if they had to go along with a cap.

Comment

Not only that but lets not forget about the revenue sharing.. They also have to kick back more. I aint a Yankee fan (as most of you know) but is it fair that they have to kick back some of the profits cause teams like the Expos cant make it w/o it?

Comment

Yea, right on horsie!!! If you want to complain about this revenue problem, blame the fans who don't show up to support the team. Is it anyone's fault that Yankee Stadium fills up for just about every game they play?

Comment

Its true - even when they sucked they still made money - if your city doenst support your team take it somewhere else - if your owner doesnt put the money he makes back into the team - dont support him - but you cant begrudge a team that has a good owner and great fans -

Comment

a hard cap is the only answer. baseball will soon see that , revenue sharing is a joke

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Let's put it this way. Let's say the NFL doesn't have a cap. Say the New York Giants could spend $190 million on payroll. The Denver Broncos only have about $60 million to spend on payroll. Would you still be calling it fair that certain teams could sign triple the payroll the Broncos could? Would you still think it's cool that the Broncos have to catch lightening in a bottle to even make the playoffs, let alone win the Superbowl? Why do you think the NFL has taken over baseball? It has taken over because damn near every team/fan can go in knowing they have a legitimate chance to win. They know their team isn't going to lose to a team stacked with 15 pro bowlers ever year! Baseball just isn't that way and their loss in popularity proves this. Geesh, you guys really need to not be so myopic. Make all the excuses you want. The fact is baseball isn't right and they are finally making steps to improve it. Hence revenue sharing. Hopefully the playing field will even out someday and bring baseball back to the great american pastime it used to be.

Comment

Nix I never said I didnt think there needed to be changes I just think people need to quit bytchin about the Yanks specifically

Of course the game and fans would benefit from a more even playing field - but there is more that meets the eye than what we as fans see, IMO - I am sure there are owners who would rather pocket most of the profit rather than spend it on their team, prob. owners who for the principle of it dont wanna pay these whiney ass pu$$y players $100's of millions of dollars - but the money is not the only issue that makes baseball less popular than football -there are too many games in baseball, season is too long, thats what kills the NBA and NHL - everyone knows that - you cant change that though - so you can make all the changes you want as far as the money goes - I dont believe it will make all that much difference in the long run as far as fan popularity is concerned

Comment

Working...
                                X