No announcement yet.

Kids dangle from meat hooks for fun???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids dangle from meat hooks for fun???

Law enforcement officials in the Florida Keys are mystified by a bizarre new pastime -- young people dangling themselves from meat hooks on a popular sandbar.

A U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman said on Sunday that the Monroe County sheriff's office and Coast Guard were called on July 12 to the sandbar off Whale Harbour in Islamorada where locals say wild behaviour is becoming a tradition.

They found that five young people had erected a bamboo tripod and hung meat hooks from it. A young woman, her feet brushing the surface of the shallow water, dangled from the frame, hooks embedded firmly in her shoulders.

According to a Coast Guard video, she did not seem to mind the hooks.

Lieutenant Tom Brazil of the Coast Guard told the Key West Citizen newspaper that a young man, who also had hooks embedded in his heavily pierced and tattooed skin, assured him the group was "just enjoying the afternoon."

A Coast Guard spokeswoman in Miami said the group had clearly done this before and intended to post photos of themselves on a Web site dedicated to "body modification" -- the ritualistic piercing of the body.

"It looked like a daily routine for them," she said, adding that the hooks had been inserted in the skin in a professional manner and had drawn very little blood."

"As long as they weren't creating any kind of ruckus or riot within a crowd they really weren't breaking any laws."

The Coast Guard passed the video on to federal justice authorities but no further action will be taken.
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Hmm, I have never done that...Dont see how that could be "Fun"...Probably them damn wierdo gothic kids...
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE

Comment

ew. ouch. I'm not too squeamish when it comes to needles...but...meat hooks? into the skin? and just hanging there?

Yipes.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that on the news this morning. I try to be tolerant of people's weird hobbies as long as they're not hurting anybody else but...

Dangling from meat hooks in your shoulder?
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

That's how Jake got injured last season...dangled from a meat hook which damaged his shoulder and he fell off breaking his foot...all makes sense now...
          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Maybe they're auditioning for fear factor!

Comment

God, some people should be put to sleep.

Comment

I donno, sounds like a whale of a good time to me. I've always wanted to hang out with hookers.

Comment

sounds like a hellraiser movie to me
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

This one should be titled:
                    STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED ~ EXAMPLE 2

Comment

Man, we REALLY need to convince peoplt to volunteer at youth activity centers and skate parks or whatever,,,,leave older kids to find fun on their own, and you never know......

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

I just can believe that... ouch... I know there was such strange things in the world... but that's unbelievable...
                        Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Working...
                        X